Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? (2395 Views)

What Do You Think About This Scroll-like Login Page, It Folds And Unfold / What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With / I Changed My Life With One Book. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by Enesth(f): 9:41am On Oct 24, 2021
Even tho I'm still in the beginner's phase, it has changed how I approach things.
It teaches me how to think,
Breaking complex stuffs down.

Also does a programmer/developer ever leaves the beginner's phase? It seems there's always something new to learn every time.

In my own view, programming is a way of thinking,
I think it's really a skill everybody should have.

What do you guys think and how has it changed you too?

4 Likes

Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by Sheriman(m): 10:42am On Oct 24, 2021
Enesth:
Even tho I'm still in the beginner's phase, it has changed how I approach things.

Also does a programmer/developer ever leaves the beginner's phase? It seems there's always something new to learn every time.

Well said. Logical thinking when writing those codes putting them together to produce meaningful output is one thing that baffles me a lot. The way you reason deeply and think about some tools and framework to learn everyday is another thing entirely. Programming is another way of life!! Anyway, what programming language did you write?? I write in Kotlin for Android development. I would also like to meet you. I like always appreciate girls in tech.
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by Enesth(f): 11:27am On Oct 24, 2021
@ Sheriman

That's right, logical thinking skill.

I'm a newbie (aiming to be a frontend dev)
Just starting out with JS
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by AsiwajuJagaban: 11:28am On Oct 24, 2021
Cc Crow

0706 334 1913

cheesy
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by 38Noob: 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2021
Enesth:
@ Sheriman

you should be starting with Html...
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by Enesth(f): 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
38Noob:
you should be starting with Html...

I understand HTML and CSS already
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by 38Noob: 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2021
Enesth:

I understand HTML and CSS already
Ok, no probs then
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by Sheriman(m): 1:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
Enesth:
@ Sheriman

Good to hear that. Just be pushing it back and forth. To be good at Programming is not easy, it requires serious work and patience.
I have finished with the Kotlin basics now learning data structures and algorithms.
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by stanliwise(m): 1:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
Enesth:

It simply about communicating with machine by learning and using their own languages. It gives us another perspective and yeah it does change our approach to things.

Yea one can stop being a beginner but that is if you niche else no

1 Like

Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by Enesth(f): 1:36pm On Oct 24, 2021
stanliwise:

It simply about communicating with machine by learning and using their own languages. It gives us another perspective and yeah it does change our approach to things.

Yea one can stop being a beginner but that is if you niche else no

Thanks for contributing.
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by stanliwise(m): 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
Enesth:

Thanks for contributing.
you’re welcome
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by Enesth(f): 1:49pm On Oct 24, 2021
Sheriman:

Good to hear that. Just be pushing it back and forth. To be good at Programming is not easy, it requires serious work and patience.
I have finished with the Kotlin basics now learning data structures and algorithms.

True. It's not an easy path.
The day I started with JS it was as if my brain was being turned upside down, infact I didn't pickup the laptop for 2 weeks. Lol

But working on little projects makes me understand the fundamentals better. I realized projects challenge and improve your coding skill.
One really have to be determined.

Isn't Kotlin and JS similar?
And is it necessary to understand algorithm and data structure after learning the basics in any language?

1 Like

Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by Sheriman(m): 2:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
Enesth:

True. It's not an easy path.
The day I started with JS it was as if my brain was being turned upside down, infact I didn't pickup the laptop for 2 weeks. Lol

But working on little projects makes me understand the fundamentals better. I realized projects challenge and improve your coding skill.
One really have to be determined.

Isn't Kotlin and JS similar?
And is it necessary to understand algorithm and data structure after learning the basics in any language?
No, they are not similar. Data structures and algorithms will help a developer to write readable, efficient, clean, lesser and concise code. It will be difficult for your website or Application to get crash. It makes you understand more about the language. It will make your code nicer. Company requires a developer to understand data structures and algorithms and they take it seriously. Knowing it will make a person to develop a scalable website or application with greater functionalities.
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by Enesth(f): 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
Sheriman:

No, they are not similar. Data structures and algorithms will help a developer to write readable, efficient, clean, lesser and concise code. It will be difficult for your website or Application to get crash. It makes you understand more about the language. It will make your code nicer. Company requires a developer to understand data structures and algorithms and they take it seriously. Knowing it will make a person to develop a scalable website or application with greater functionalities.

Very insightful.
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by bastardson: 10:50pm On Oct 24, 2021
Most of y’all are Java and JS.. I am searching for those into Python..

I am just starting and I need someone who’s just starting as well, so we can challenge ourselves.. I need someone who can encourage me while I am at it.

My goal is Machine Learning or AI.. So I can’t follow you guyz route.
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by Nobody: 12:40am On Oct 25, 2021
bastardson:

I am just starting and I need someone who’s just starting as well, so we can challenge ourselves.. I need someone who can encourage me while I am at it.

Python devs wey full everywhere..
Anyway you can check LinkedIn, it’s very important to have a LinkedIn acct as a programmer. Make sure your interests are elaborated on your profile, before you know it python and ML/AI enthusiasts go full everywhere.
Feel free to connect and interact.
But don’t be intimidated oo, cause you will see bosses and OGs cheesy
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by bastardson: 8:50am On Oct 25, 2021
Rgade:

Python devs wey full everywhere..
Anyway you can check LinkedIn, it’s very important to have a LinkedIn acct as a programmer. Make sure your interests are elaborated on your profile, before you know it python and ML/AI enthusiasts go full everywhere.
Feel free to connect and interact.
But don’t be intimidated oo, cause you will see bosses and OGs cheesy
Lol I can’t do that for now, I need to have studied the stuff till a certain level and be sure that I am a little prepared. I still wish I have someone here who’s just starting as well
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by BlackSan: 9:14am On Oct 25, 2021
bastardson:
Lol I can’t do that for now, I need to have studied the stuff till a certain level and be sure that I am a little prepared. I still wish I have someone here who’s just starting as well

Hello.
I just started python.
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by bastardson: 10:32am On Oct 25, 2021
BlackSan:

Hello.
I just started python.
Nice one bro.. O8I2086I-860.. Kindly buzz make we yarn..

Modified: I went through your past post and realize that you are a lady. You intend going into Data Science. Mine is Machine Learning. We can still discuss though, I need persons who are just starting like me. So we can have daily targets or weekly study targets and ensure me complete them.

I think some these challenges propels someone to do better
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
You need to add chess to your learning backlog.
A merger with programming changes you entirely.
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by Enesth(f): 10:15pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ovaltine:
You need to add chess to your learning backlog.
A merger with programming changes you entirely.

Thanks Boss

You seem so busy lately. sad
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by BlackSan: 12:40am On Oct 26, 2021
bastardson:
Nice one bro.. O8I2086I-860.. Kindly buzz make we yarn..

Modified: I went through your past post and realize that you are a lady. You intend going into Data Science. Mine is Machine Learning. We can still discuss though, I need persons who are just starting like me. So we can have daily targets or weekly study targets and ensure me complete them.

I think some these challenges propels someone to do better

Well yeah.
Apologies for not reaching out yet, been busy all day. Will do so later.
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by Enesth(f): 7:12am On Oct 26, 2021
bastardson:

There are lots of python threads, you should check them out.
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by bastardson: 10:05am On Oct 26, 2021
BlackSan:

Well yeah.
Ohh okay I will be expecting your msg..
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by bastardson: 10:09am On Oct 26, 2021
Enesth:

There are lots of python threads, you should check them out.
Tried searching yesterday.. I will search better today
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 26, 2021
Enesth:

Thanks Boss

You seem so busy lately. sad

I just saw your msg. I'll get back
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by Qpid5(m): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2021
bastardson:
am here o, but the problem is am yet to get a laptop, i just have it mind to learn programming.. I pity myself sha, i never get the tools to start
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by bastardson: 7:34pm On Oct 26, 2021
Qpid5:
am here o, but the problem is am yet to get a laptop, i just have it mind to learn programming.. I pity myself sha, i never get the tools to start
Lol.. One step at a time..
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by bastardson: 7:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
BlackSan:

Well yeah.
sad
Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by ZombieBurster: 11:28pm On Oct 26, 2021
Programers are problem solvers!!

No. of Years also matters, the longer you've been doing your s#it the better you become

1 Like

Re: How Has Programming Changed Your Life And The Way You Think? by BlackSan: 10:50am On Oct 27, 2021
bastardson:
sad

Good morning.
Have you seen it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Php Patterns / BI(Business Intelligence) In Nigeria / Implemented Imei Generator With Python.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.