Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy (54955 Views)

I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by deniboi(m): 10:38am On Oct 25, 2021
It's not as easy as that . It takes a lot to call of a wedding 3 weeks to the event . If you call it off just prepare to relocate or run . Someone who already beats you on very trival issues will kill you for seriously embarrassing him with the call off. You also have to think about your parents, family and friends who the call off may also embarrass . It is a dicey call either way but I also know that both will have it's consequences .

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Iykmann(m): 10:39am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I will be getting married in 3 weeks time but I'm not happy
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

I'm getting married but I'm already thinking of divorce.

I'm overwhelmed! I'm physically strong but I'm weak.
Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

You did not mention one single thing he did wrong apart from beating you. If the man is that Bad why not call the police and arrest him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by orumba(m): 10:39am On Oct 25, 2021
Ode like you, when he was busy financing your family, taking you shopping both local and international,you go to dubai like mami Market inside nysc camp, now your conscience judging you. You fill like running when much is at stake.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by darniejay(m): 10:40am On Oct 25, 2021
This is so sad, you just have to change your story by yourself, no one else will do it for you. Call off the wedding and the highest thing is people will insult you for a month or two. If you can't do it, hire me to come and cause a little commotion days before the wedding and you can use that opportunity to call it off. I wish you all the best in your decision
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Positivepoint(m): 10:41am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

U left out u r staying coz of the money
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by CUMIN: 10:41am On Oct 25, 2021
When you are dead, he will marry another person.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:45am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

You better make up your mind now before it would be too late
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Newyorkitis(m): 10:45am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

This is worse than a quandary.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by kophy(m): 10:45am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Hmmm, I hope you are not being forced into this, it is better at this very stage, that when it get messier. Someone who is better might come your way soon that to tag yourself a "divorcee"...... a word is enough for the wise they say!
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by barojana: 10:46am On Oct 25, 2021
Please I beg you in the name of God. Forget shame, explain to your family (don't seek counsel or their opinion) and cancel away. Once you cancel, switch off your phones and disappear for the next three weeks.

When you find the right guy, maybe opt for a quiet wedding and move on with your life.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Shokoloko(f): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2021
Opeyemic01:
Congratulations you are among the few people who know the date of their death before death actually comes... how can you see death trap and walk into it all because of what people will say?. If you love your life, call your parent and narrate the issue to them, they will arrange a meeting with the man and his family and call off the death trap (marriage) you are about walking into...your family will prefer you single and alive than married but dead. If you marry him and he beats you to death, the next day he will go and Bleep another woman, a month after, another woman will take your place. This is harsh though but pardon me I don't know how to talk

Lol, bad mouth grin grin
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by grandstar(m): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14
I would advise you go to Mirabel. They are the best to help you. You primary problem seems to be that you don't have the strong will to cut off the wedding.

Go to Mirabel asap.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Ingredient88(m): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage, it is better for you not to go into the marriage,damn getting there and started thinking of divorcing him, God hates divorce, a relationship or home that happened happiness is not there will never stand,I don't want you to think about what will happen if you call up the marriage or if you step down, but all you need to do is to think about tomorrow when you are fully in the marriage, happiness mattermost is the number one priority that somebody should look for while going to marriage, 3 weeks time you will make a decision that will hundred percent affect your existence, and in three weeks time you will make a decision that will determined, whether you'll be forever happy or not I think you should think carefully, don't rush into marriage that you are not happy with, please

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Drella(m): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2021
seyz91:
I don't believe this shiit undecided

sound so unreak undecided

fabricated

imagine the nonsense thread i wokeup to read the early monday morning undecided

i need go back to sleep

It's everything that is fabricated to you people.
You need to get more exposure to see that things like this are indeed happening.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Ingredient88(m): 10:47am On Oct 25, 2021
[quote author=Warrior14 post=107031934]I will be getting married in 3 weeks time but I'm not happy

A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage, it is better for you not to go into the marriage,damn getting there and started thinking of divorcing him, God hates divorce, a relationship or home that happened happiness is not there will never stand,I don't want you to think about what will happen if you call up the marriage or if you step down, but all you need to do is to think about tomorrow when you are fully in the marriage, happiness mattermost is the number one priority that somebody should look for while going to marriage, 3 weeks time you will make a decision that will hundred percent affect your existence, and in three weeks time you will make a decision that will determined, whether you'll be forever happy or not I think you should think carefully, don't rush into marriage that you are not happy with, please.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by taoaliu1(m): 10:47am On Oct 25, 2021
I believe there is more to the story that she is not telling us, because i don't know why you are here asking for advise again after complaining of same few times back. Anyway, happy married life to you both. What do i know?
Geestarry:

Run!!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Olumaeme: 10:48am On Oct 25, 2021
Did he start exhibiting this behaviors immediately you fix date for wedding?

and did they tie your umbilical cord together? are you ready to spend the rest of your life in agony and pain?

I can only wish you well.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Ingredient88(m): 10:48am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage, it is better for you not to go into the marriage,damn getting there and started thinking of divorcing him, God hates divorce, a relationship or home that happened happiness is not there will never stand,I don't want you to think about what will happen if you call up the marriage or if you step down, but all you need to do is to think about tomorrow when you are fully in the marriage, happiness mattermost is the number one priority that somebody should look for while going to marriage, 3 weeks time you will make a decision that will hundred percent affect your existence, and in three weeks time you will make a decision that will determined, whether you'll be forever happy or not I think you should think carefully, don't rush into marriage that you are not happy with, please.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by just2endowed: 10:48am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

you deserve beter
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by JoseRaji(m): 10:48am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

My two cents: "Run! Run while you still have legs".

Bros is beating you up while you're still your father's property. Imagine how bad it will become when you become "fully his".
It's funny, someone prefers domestic abuse to shame. Ordinary shame that will only last two weeks at most. You think other people don't have their own lives to worry about? You think they will sit down for the rest of their lives to discuss your matter? Dey there.

Who send me self? They no dey advise person wey don decide to enter marriage with Brock Lesnar.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Spidermon: 10:49am On Oct 25, 2021
I had to go to your profile to check your other threads.

It's just a matter of time until he maims you.

If you have to stop the marriage, do it fast. Waiting till the last day is risky.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Vinnie2000(m): 10:49am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Sister..
YOU DO NOT LOVE YOUR FIANCE!
If you loved him, even with Physical assault, you would be Giving him more Chances!
It's very Simple!

You are going into a Loveless marriage which Lots of Pple are into Today! sad undecided

Despite All the 'Love nah Scam' or Who Love Help' Taljs., I always tell Pple..
Try to Have Feelings or Love for a Person B4 marrying him!
Personally, If a see a Girl to Marry, I would try to Develop Strong Feelings for her and Build a Romantic Bond b/w us!

A Loveless marriage can be a Real Albatross around a Couples neck! undecided
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Stanfeelings: 10:50am On Oct 25, 2021
Ynix:

Cancel the wedding for your life sake. On the day of the wedding travel to a friend's place and stay, or call off the wedding mentioning the area of being beaten. If it is true then you are going into self murder

YOU ARE WICKED. HOW COULD U ADVICE HER THAT... WHAT IF SUCH IS DONE TO U? MAKE SHE SIT DOWN THE GUY AND TELL HIM HER MIND NOW. MAKE SHE CALL BOTH FAMILIES AND SAY HER MIND THAN ABSCONDING ON THE DAY OF THE WEDDING. GUSH. WHEN SHE AGREED TO THE PROPOSAL, THEY FORCE AM? WHEN SHE ALLOWED THE GUY FAMILY COME, THEY FORCE AM? WHEN SHE MADE LISTS, GOT WEEDING GOWN, BRIDAL TRAIN AND STUFFS....THEY FORCE AM? SHE KNOWS HER HEART. MAKE SHE ADDRESS THE ISSUE NOW, TAKE HER DECISION NOW ELSE, IT WILL BE TOO LATE
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Uguruzik(m): 10:50am On Oct 25, 2021
Ynix:

Cancel the wedding for your life sake. On the day of the wedding travel to a friend's place and stay, or call off the wedding mentioning the area of being beaten. If it is true then you are going into self murder
Your advice sucks, why not say cancel the wedding now? Why on the day of the wedding? Na was oo
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

You can’t stand the shame of calling off the wedding but you don’t mind these same people attending your burial. You dey crase?
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by DEMAGE(m): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2021
Call off the wedding my friend, marriage is not something you jump in and jump out like that.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Indispensable85(m): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2021
Abeg getat
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by totosucker(m): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2021
I like nairaland. This is a great family. You will get all kinds of valuable advice here. Thank you Seun. God bless you and your team in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2021
You better run for your life because the beating will still continue after marriage.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by henryshuga1(m): 10:54am On Oct 25, 2021
Marriage is not a do or die stuff my dear. If it's not working you let go. Be where you find happiness and peace of mind
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:54am On Oct 25, 2021
You better run for your dear life because the beating will still continue after marriage.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by melodyogonna(m): 10:54am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Why can't you call of the marriage?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Angry Woman Places ‘smelling Vagina’ Curse On Lady Who Slept With Her Husband / Abducted Bayelsa Ese: I'm 17 Yrs, I'm Here To Be A Muslim, Don't Want To Go Back / Snake Catchers Battle With Huge Python Found In Australian Family Laundry Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.