Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Please I Need Help To Begin Agricultural Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please I Need Help To Begin Agricultural Farming (357 Views)

My Journey Into Agricultural Farming (diary) / Terrorists Demand N12 Million Levy From Zamfara Communities To Begin Farming / Most Lucrative Agricultural Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help To Begin Agricultural Farming by Xocan: 9:29pm On Oct 24, 2021
Please ignore my grammatical errors, I will try to make this short as much as I can thank you.
Please I need your help/ideas/opinion to begin poultry and fish farming and I have 1.5 million and a piece of land but I don’t have any idea on how to begin and how to run it, I don’t even know if that amount will be enough to begin with and I plan on going to school next year to study agriculture cuz I have a passion for this but I just don’t know what to do.
Re: Please I Need Help To Begin Agricultural Farming by Ynix(m): 9:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
Xocan:
Please ignore my grammatical errors, I will try to make this short as much as I can thank you.
Please I need your help/ideas/opinion to begin poultry and fish farming and I have 1.5 million and a piece of land but I don’t have any idea on how to begin and how to run it, I don’t even know if that amount will be enough to begin with and I plan on going to school next year to study agriculture cuz I have a passion for this but I just don’t know what to do.
Where are you based
Re: Please I Need Help To Begin Agricultural Farming by Xocan: 9:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
Ynix:

Where are you based
abuja
Re: Please I Need Help To Begin Agricultural Farming by waleyp(m): 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
If you know you will be going to school then... You don't seem to have time to run the business.... Its better you start with one first then you can add to it... Focus on one first
Re: Please I Need Help To Begin Agricultural Farming by Bankowner: 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2021
Oga! Why do you want to put so much money in what you know practically nothing about? Your lack of knowledge or inexperience is a recipe for disaster. If it is something you really want to do, I will strongly recommend that you go and understudy someone who’s in the line of business first. Put your money in an interest yielding deposit account or buy Treasury bills until that time you’re sure you can start your own farm.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Please I Need Help To Begin Agricultural Farming by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 24, 2021
Xocan:
I am a fish farm manager but I wouldn't advice you to put such huge amount of money into a venture you have no experience of. I will suggest you learn the skill first before starting yours.

Lastly, since you are planning on seeking admission, do you have a strategy on how the farm will be in operation even in your absence?
Re: Please I Need Help To Begin Agricultural Farming by Ynix(m): 2:30am On Oct 25, 2021
Xocan:
abuja
Ok chat me up then, I am presently in Abuja. I will link you up to a team of fish farmers in a particular church in Kubwa, they teach and help others in setting up their fish farms.
Chat me up on 08089456258
Re: Please I Need Help To Begin Agricultural Farming by AgricMaster: 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
Xocan:
Hey take this my advise

In Every business the most important thing is to look at how the industry work.
Then look how people who do well DO
Find those people and emulate them and do exactly what they do.(eg go to their farm learn for 3- 6month and let him mentor u)

or alternatively
employ someone from successful farm pay him well and it will be like 1 year contract and let him set up and run the farm while you learn alongside from him.

(1) (Reply)

Semi Completed 25,000 Poultry Farm For Sale. / Olam Secures US$4.0 Billion Of Financing Facilities On Re-organisation / Foster Snail Farm Buy Your Snails Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.