Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism (10852 Views)

SWAT Officer Seen Checking Man’s Phone Despite IGP's Warning Against It (Video) / Christiana Ayeni Sent To Prison For "Checking Female Students Private Parts" / I Am Fulfilled I Killed Him - Man Says After Killing Neighbor Chasing His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by Metrix147: 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
A former Director (Operations) in the Department Of State Services, DSS, Chief Raymond Nkemdirim has said remembering his contributions during his years of service in breaking the backbone of terrorism gives him joy, ABN TV reports.

While noting that such actions, which he said fall under his oath of secrecy with the Service helped in saving the country from totally being overtaken by terrorists, he added that they are being expanded upon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDqmIfXn3rY

Speaking on Saturday at his Abuja home when he hosted the management team of Igbere TV who were at his home to formally inform him of his nomination and voting for award of Outstanding Security Achievement, Nkemdirim who retired as an Assistant Director-General in the Service after 35 years of meritorious service said terrorists were given a bloody nose during his years of service in states like Kaduna, Kano, Sokoto, Kebbi and others, leading to them to flee to Borno where they made a stronghold.

While noting that a lot more could be done to totally wipe the terrorists out of existence in the country, he said new frontiers in technology will be of assistance in ending the insurgency war.

On how he rose through the ranks to the peak of his career in the country's secret police service, Nkemdirim a philanthropist and a stakeholder in the hospitality industry said his skill in diplomacy, mind control among other things may have helped him.

"A lot of times, my colleagues who are even still in the service would come to me and ask 'oga how did you do it. We never saw you shout for one day but everything moved well. A lot of times we shout but you, even if you are told a whole building is engulfed in flames, you always take it calmly and forge ahead'.

"It means that people should be able to appreciate situations. They should not overreact or react to situations on the spot at the moment.

"Whatever comes your way, take time and appraise it. That is what an intelligence officer is trained to do. When you get information, for instance, information does not become intelligence unless it is processed" he said.

He also cited proactiveness in nipping potential security threats in bud as the then Director of Operations as high points of his career.

Nkemdirim is among the 30 Nigerians who will be awarded at various categories of national service in the Igbere TV Leadership Excellence award scheduled to take place on November 2, 2021 at Sheraton Hotel Abuja.

https://abntv.com.ng/2021/10/im-fulfilled-with-my-role-in-checking-terrorism-ex-dss-director-nkemdirim-video/

1 Like

Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by Aganju849: 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
Bunkum

Let UGM catch you there as you dey yarn nonsense

9 Likes

Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by wwwtortoise(m): 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
It’s so unfortunate that DSS has been awash with miscreants and political thugs in recent times leading to a collapse in security intel and ops.

We tax payers are concerned not just for our safety, but that of our feeble aged generations in rural hotbed locations and younger generations to come.

Nowadays we’re been advised to budget for unforeseen contingencies such as
- kidnap ransom (for youths serving their fatherland)

We are told to be security conscious at all times whilst our elected comrades who are supposed to be our stewards enjoy security votes running into millions.

Our elders say
“what goes around always comes around”

But as a youngster I’ll say No matter how dark a room is, the penis will always find the vagina

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by ATEAMS: 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
Yeh.. e go b
Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by Presegs(m): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
cool
Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by Trimjos: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
Aganju849:
Bunkum

grin grin
I doubt if he can even go back to his village as it stands

6 Likes

Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by Betterlife24(m): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
What did he do oo?
Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by Dialpad: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
Igbere TV award.... lol

1 Like

Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by Administration1: 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2021
How much silencing was carried out by you, how many blue squads were directly under your command?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by Abboki: 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
shocked
Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by kennykruzmason: 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2021
See person pikin dey yarn non sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by ak22(m): 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2021
Enife:
Get HD movies in a 500gb,1tb External hard drive Containing different genres of movies of your choice.
Call or whatsapp: ∅.8.1.5.3.7.8.3.1.∅.6

How much?
Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by jeff1607(m): 4:09pm On Oct 25, 2021
So it was even an Igbo person heading the unit

1 Like

Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by Blackdisciple(m): 4:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
Even as you couldn't clamp down the sponsorers of terrorism.

Even Buhari says the FG has done well in fighting insecurity
Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by Praxis758: 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2021
Nigeria is the only country where failures in management and former attack dogs in the security agencies later become analysts, heroes and consultants

1 Like

Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by stinechykee: 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
It's unfortunate that DSS have been reduced to paper tiger in this Buhari regime due to nepotism that full all over his body
Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by plainol(m): 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
When these people talk, you would think Nigeria is some kind of Dubai.

Awon set of failures.

3 Likes

Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2021
Sigh
Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by free2ryhme: 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2021
Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by DANITEX247: 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2021
Aganju849:
Bunkum

you can't insult this man nah.e get why
Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by Aganju849: 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2021
DANITEX247:
you can't insult this man nah.e get why

Why
Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by vineakachi(m): 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
this man is nursing a political ambition just take note
Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by perryy(m): 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2021
Yeye DSS. Where were they when Bokoharam became armed ? Where were they when Ipob got armed ? Where were they when bandits permeate the length and breadth of Nigeria? Those guys are rogues. How much was his salary that he was able to afford Abuja home ? Efcc and DSS we no know which one is more transparent Self.

1 Like

Re: Raymond Nkemdirim: I Am Fulfilled With My Role In Checking Terrorism by 4four(m): 5:16am On Oct 26, 2021
Even if we ask our president too, hin go say is the best president ever come our of Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Court Indicts Police In Jumoke Oyeleke's Extrajudicial Killing / Three Arrested For Cloning Aregbesola’s Phone Number / BREAKING: Atheist Mubarak Bala To Be Executed Without Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.