Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira (35144 Views)

CBN Releases Cash, Orders Banks To Operate On Saturdays And Sundays / CBN Releases $265 Million To Airlines Over Repatriation Challenges / CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2021
For those that are wondering the purpose or usefulness of this initiative.

eNaira is a CBN backed crypto modelled digital currency. Which means only the Central Bank can mine it.

The Advantage: User
It will make transactions seamless
Give you more (visual) power over you money
There won't be unnecessary charges
You know what you pay for whatever you do.

The Advantage: Government
It gives the Government 'through CBN' real cash to operate
It gives the Government more power over the country's Financial System.
It gives the Government more power over the Global and Local Monatary System.

1 Like

Re: CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira by Parrot69: 12:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
redcliff:

Mr get sense. i should also inform you that alipay and wechat are peoples businesses and not peoples bank of china property. Enaira is as good as dead. o wont even argue with you again.. and yes, until you tell me how funding the wallet works, i would not trade arguements with you again because you do not know better

SMH.
Like I said earlier, let’s leave it at that. A year later I will still come back to remind you of this post.
Re: CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira by MsCassano(f): 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kingzy4pep:
You nor know book

My dear forgerrit. its not about knowing book joor. even the people wey know book ask them how many days e take them to understand this eNaira, e go shock you

1 Like

Re: CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira by SeaTrade(m): 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2021
Olayetan:

it may/may not, what if you can't convert eNaira into paper money directly?, you will still have to send your eNaira to commercial banks before you can cash it out as paper money, that way, it won't affect commercial banks.
Kiosks will open nationwide that will give you naira in exchange for enaira for a small fee.
It will affect commercial banks,especially raking out small deposit customers who will find it easier to transact in the streets than going to banks.
Re: CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira by Olas121: 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2021
dasparrow:
I don't trust the e-naira or our politicians. Full stop!
part two of MMM grin
Re: CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira by Yankee101: 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
Downloaded apps can copy all your contacts, messages, pictures and videos
Re: CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira by danny56: 5:16pm On Oct 26, 2021
Yankee101:
Downloaded apps can copy all your contacts, messages, pictures and videos

This is something to really look into.... No privacy?! Risky app then.
Re: CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira by Olayetan(m): 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2021
SeaTrade:
Kiosks will open nationwide that will give you naira in exchange for enaira for a small fee.
It will affect commercial banks,especially raking out small deposit customers who will find it easier to transact in the streets than going to banks.

that's a point but where will the kiosk get the naira to give you for the exchange ?

1 Like

Re: CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira by 6ixT8: 6:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
Alwaysachick:

So you mean Nigeria beat US to this one?
No.
Am just saying if nigetians have to chose btw E-naira and E-$.
Re: CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira by SeaTrade(m): 7:48pm On Oct 26, 2021
Olayetan:

that's a point but where will the kiosk get the naira to give you for the exchange ?
Bank,but then ,a whole lot of people as Bank customers will be replaced by kiosk attendants.
That means less Bank active customers,
Spread that across the number of banks fighting for such little clientele equals loss of market share for banks.
Re: CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira by micxwell(m): 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2021
NtiObaEneke:
If I say I understand this article, na lie I dey lie.
I think say na only me o. lipsrsealed
I'm actually here to see if there's someone that will explain the benefits cause I can't seem to notice any.
Re: CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 26, 2021
Alwaysachick:

So you mean Nigeria beat US to this one?

The US hasn’t pursued a digital currency because the dollar is the WORLD currency, every transaction across borders is done in dollars. If you try and play any nonsense games you’ll follow Gadafi, Al Assad, Kim Jon Un, Castro, and Maduro.
Re: CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 26, 2021
SeaTrade:
Bank,but then ,a whole lot of people as Bank customers will be replaced by kiosk attendants.
That means less Bank active customers,
Spread that across the number of banks fighting for such little clientele equals loss of market share for banks.

Bank mangers and CEOs aren’t people so their wellbeing is not important. Bank Tellers can feel free to find a job at Domino’s.
Re: CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira by taiwotosho22(m): 10:03am On Oct 27, 2021
Thanksful:

I don't understand this.

You mean if I need physical cash, I can withdraw from atm?
Yes E-NAIRA is meant for online transaction only.
Re: CBN Releases Guidelines For Enaira by Kingzy4pep(m): 10:44am On Oct 27, 2021
Richieniit:

You way sabi book biko explain. Otondo forming him sabi.
Ozuor. The person wey I quote know say I dey joke but you serious fool wants to show yourself. Ogun kee you there if you fucking quote me again. Pig!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Army Reacts To Opening Of Banex Plaza / Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN / A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.