Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

17 Year Old Chinese Kid Sells Kidney To Buy Ipad 2 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 17 Year Old Chinese Kid Sells Kidney To Buy Ipad 2 (1019 Views)

This Poor Woman Donated Her Kidney To Her Boss & Then Got Fired Later / Chinse Kid Sells Kidney To Buy Ipad And Ipod / Can You Sell One Of Your Kidney To Get An Iphone.(amazing,somebody Did) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Year Old Chinese Kid Sells Kidney To Buy Ipad 2 by Meldrick(m): 4:28pm On Jun 03, 2011
Apple lovers are known for their somewhat radical devotion to any new products the company introduces, but selling body parts to afford them is definitely something new — and scary. According to Global Times, a youngster in China's Anhui province wanted a new iPad 2 tablet so badly he was willing to part with a kidney to be able to afford it.

The student, a 17-year-old high school student named Zheng, told a local newspaper "I wanted to buy an iPad 2 but could not afford it. A broker contacted me on the Internet and said he could help me sell one kidney for 20,000 yuan." The "broker" was true to his word, and after the operation was completed on April 28, Zheng received his 20,000 yuan, which equates to a little over $3,000.

The young organ donor carried out these plans without the knowledge of his mother, who was surprised to see her son awash in new, expensive electronics. After discovering what Zheng had done, she promptly alerted authorities, who have been attempting to track down the buyers ever since.

Source:http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_technews/20110602/tc_yblog_technews/17-year-old-sells-his-kidney-for-ipad-2
Re: 17 Year Old Chinese Kid Sells Kidney To Buy Ipad 2 by Meldrick(m): 4:30pm On Jun 03, 2011
What a priority.
Re: 17 Year Old Chinese Kid Sells Kidney To Buy Ipad 2 by Nobody: 3:57am On Jun 04, 2011
What happens when iPad 3 is released?
Re: 17 Year Old Chinese Kid Sells Kidney To Buy Ipad 2 by 49cents(m): 7:58am On Jun 04, 2011
Oh my goodness, the boy lacks wisdom, parting away with his kidney at his young age because of a piece of fleeting technology! But again is it not a tendency we all have, trading valueables for instant and short-lived gains. Girls who part their legs for a phone or a pack of brazilian hair comes to mind, Lets reflect and grow.

(1) (Reply)

I Quit / Missing My Peeps On Nl / Stop Insulting People, Seriously!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.