Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Cervical Cancer - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cervical Cancer (5203 Views)

10 Warning Signs Of Cervical Cancer You Should Not Ignore / 7 Signs Of Cervical Cancer That Every Woman Must Observe. / The Pap Smear (Test For Cervical Cancer)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cervical Cancer by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 01, 2007
Thanks fsb,
for your clear addition. I believe the reason why people get scared when they hear of cancer is because most times Doctors use too much grammer. We need to Use lear and understandable language, i8t reduces the staus of the disease.
Thank you once again
Re: Cervical Cancer by doctorb1(f): 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2007
thanks aisha kiss
in your report, you said VIA was cost effective, how much are we looking at here?
Re: Cervical Cancer by karlken(m): 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2007
Thanks to aisha & fsb.Very educative info.! cool cool
Re: Cervical Cancer by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 02, 2007
Doctor B,
I cant give a figure, my organisation is working in collaboration with JHIPEGO to see how affordable we can make it.
However all i can say now is that VIA can be done by any trained volunteer not necessarily a Pathologist. In Ghana, JHIPEGO in collaboration with other NGOs train and use over 5000 volunteers for VIA testing.
Re: Cervical Cancer by solu4u(m): 9:27am On Aug 02, 2007
i think prevention is better and cheaper than cure
Re: Cervical Cancer by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 02, 2007
I agree with you but unfortunately that will mean all women will stop having sex and giving birth. Except we have the vaccines
Re: Cervical Cancer by Dmajesty(m): 4:53pm On Nov 10, 2007
Cancer is a very deadly disease which every one should be careful on how he or she handles his life. What you eat and drink and how you take those things matters a lot. Check well on how you expose your skin to dangerous rays and body creams. Ladies should always pay attention on their breast as often as possible. Details on information concerning cancer, please visit
http://cancerous.webs.io

Pass the information to others.

Cheers, ONE NIGERIA FOR EVER!
Re: Cervical Cancer by titilaelae(f): 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2008
This is one thread that should not 'die'.

solu4u:

i think prevention is better and cheaper than cure

@solu4u, how, in definite terms, can one prevent cancer in general?

@aisha2, are the vaccines available in Nigeria now? Pls update us.Thanks
Re: Cervical Cancer by Nobody: 5:44am On Nov 18, 2010
titilaelae:

This is one thread that should not 'die'.

@solu4u, how, in definite terms, can one prevent cancer in general?

@aisha2, are the vaccines available in Nigeria now? Pls update us.Thanks

The best way to Prevent cancer is by inculcating and maintaing healthy Lifestyles. Eating right, exercising right and reducing exposure to risk factors. However the key is regular screening. Most Cancers when detected early are treatable. The case of cervical cancer, early detection almost guarantees 100% cure. Women, we know our bodies, any abnormality in the genitals and breast should not be wished away, sudden and unexplianed weight gain and increase in the size of our stomachs should be checked.
Re: Cervical Cancer by modeM: 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2010
As far as I know, even in the UK the vaccine has only just been made available and it is currently only given to young girls (cant remember reason for this). Also the vaccine does not prevent all strains of the virus hence the most effective way would be to embrace regular pap smears to detect early changes in the cervix.Most cervical cancer deaths could have been prevented with early detection.

I was quite scared going for the first one but there is nothing as good as knowing the state of your health, ignorance or fear of the unknown is not a good excuse to avoid a preventable disaster.

I would encourage the government or local charities to offer this screening for free and provide more education to the women.Most women in the UK did not take it serious until they watched Jade Goody die at her prime.
Re: Cervical Cancer by kennyrite: 9:14am On Jan 11, 2011
I received a text on my mobile phone, telling me about this miraculous, and prophetic cure for fibroid, tumors, and cancer, all in 39 days. I got a link to the source after I sent text, 'sd 6250 TO *****. Though it costs me N100. Or You can visit their site written below and tell me what you think! http://www.prophetic-cure..com
Re: Cervical Cancer by iykoblingz: 11:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
HELLO GUYS I FOUND A GOOD ARTICLE ON CERVICAL CANCER. CHECK IT OUT
http://www.toriahealth.com/cervicalcancersymptoms/ grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hazy Air In Your Area? Dust Storm? / Interesting Things About Maggot Therapy / Untold Benefits Of Honey Mixed With Hot Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.