Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 (11052 Views)

Chelsea Vs Liverpool: Carabao Cup Final (0 - 1) On 25th February 2024 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup Final (10 - 11)pens On 27th February 2022 / Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 10:39pm On Oct 27, 2021
crazygod:

Even if we bring gnaby from bayern Munich on loan. Even this boy, Musalowski... I think thats his name.
If only adeyemi go reason us.

1 Like

Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by mofresh(m): 10:43pm On Oct 27, 2021
[b][haters
thoollz:
Liverpool go hear am when Salah, Mane, Keita, Matip, Konate go for afcon.
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Polynek(m): 10:46pm On Oct 27, 2021
As expected
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2021
Babysho:

Yeah I agree. Nat has enough stamina to do the dirty work on both flanks and he doesn't get dribbled past. Definitely gives the team more confidence.
We both know FSG aren't going to release funds for that lol. We have to pray for Lord Origi's grace now. That's why we're Liverpool; to be underdogs dey sweet our belle.
Origi is going to be sold to lens come january. So we definitely should have fundz to get his replacement, if thunder no wan Strike fsg
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Babysho(m): 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2021
AnfieldFan:

If pace doesn't factor in, why isn't he playing ahead of Konate and Gomez...Pace is everything...Even Virgil wouldn't play if he was slow, playing a highline such as ours without quick center backs is suicide..That's why Klopp paired Matip with Gomez and not Nat, it's also why he played Konate against Man United and not Matip...

Matip is not quick. Bayern play a high line and Sule is not quick. Pique for FCB and many others. The offside trap requires wit than pace. When the midfield of the team is good and pressing as they should, the offside trap will not allow opposition to attack comfortably, opposition would have to throw passes to the flanks which often ends in 1v1 with CBs. In these 1v1s, Nat performs way better than Gomez.
And when these teams cannot find a way on the ground, they go aerial. Nat dominates again.

And are you honestly going to tell me Gomez performed better than Nat second half?
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Yusman316(m): 10:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Lies... Liverpool have some of the most die hard fans you will ever come across in Nigeria, Africa, Europe and world over...

Many became fans around 2004/05 because of the events of Istanbul...

Y.N.W.A
And how old do u think those people will be by now?
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Babysho(m): 10:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
Silentgroper:
Origi is going to be sold to lens come january. So we definitely should have fundz to get his replacement, if thunder no wan Strike fsg

grin grin How much do you think Lens will buy Origi? We sold a whole Big Shaq for 12m.
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
Babysho:

I don't know about that, man. Everytime Gomez and Nat play together, Nat always seems the better CB. Nat is not fast but he's not slow either. He's always everywhere making necessary tackles.
I reckon it's because of pace that Klopp has locked Nat in his basement even when he's clearly better than Gomez.

IMO, Nat reads games better than Gomez and has better defensive awareness and plays the offside trap just as good as Gomez. The issue of pace hardly comes to play.
I share ur view. Cause if we're using pace as d yardstick, i'm nt sure vvd nd matip can run faster than nat

2 Likes

Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 11:12pm On Oct 27, 2021
Babysho:

grin grin How much do you think Lens will buy Origi? We sold a whole Big Shaq for 12m.
Well judging by his current form, dat guy no worth 12m but bcuz of his contribution to us winning d ucl, i think he is priced higher dan dat.

1 Like

Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Babysho(m): 11:18pm On Oct 27, 2021
Silentgroper:
I share ur view. Cause if we're using pace as d yardstick, i'm nt sure vvd nd matip can run faster than nat

Exactly! Vvd maybe but not Matip. And I don't even remember an occasion where I went "thank God Gomez is fast" lol. Since we're playing pressing/offisde trap, opposition attack often ends in 1v1 on the flanks. At this point, we need some pace but we mostly need aggression/physical contact.
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 11:22pm On Oct 27, 2021
Babysho:

Exactly! Vvd maybe but not Matip. And I don't even remember an occasion where I went "thank God Gomez is fast" lol. Since we're playing pressing/offisde trap, opposition attack often ends in 1v1 on the flanks. At this point, we need some pace but we mostly need aggression/physical contact.

Yeah...
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Babysho(m): 11:25pm On Oct 27, 2021
Silentgroper:
Well judging by his current form, dat guy no worth 12m but bcuz of his contribution to us winning d ucl, i think he is priced higher dan dat.

Origi should be going for 200m tbh grin
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Tamel(m): 11:25pm On Oct 27, 2021
Silentgroper:

Gomez is our Fastest CB and was great before that nasty injury against Everton ( why always Everton) but dude his poor when it comes to Aerial duels , maybe his height's got something to do with that

Konate looks fast too
VVD is quite fast but you won't notice(yeah he's that good).....fast enough for a cb
Matip and Nat are the slowest.

After VVD , Nat is the best when it comes to Aerial duels..boy will nod a rock if possible.

Matip just like VVD Reads the game better than the rest and can't easily be dribbled past.
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by puzzlegate(m): 11:40pm On Oct 27, 2021
elpochas:
kounate is from France and Matip is retired frm International duty.Dont be quick to type next time.
kanote is from Mali but plays for France.
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Temi2468: 1:19am On Oct 28, 2021
crazygod:
Origi is the luckiest most unserious Liverpool forward I have ever seen. Doesn't work o, goal go just come him leg. grin

May be that's why he was laughing continuously after his goal.
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 6:08am On Oct 28, 2021
Babysho:

Origi should be going for 200m tbh grin
Kikikiki. If he was on form..
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:19am On Oct 28, 2021
Silentgroper:
Bt compared to vvd nd matip, i dnt think these guys are any faster than Nat.

Vvd is faster, Matip is smarter..
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:22am On Oct 28, 2021
Babysho:

Matip is not quick. Bayern play a high line and Sule is not quick. Pique for FCB and many others. The offside trap requires wit than pace. When the midfield of the team is good and pressing as they should, the offside trap will not allow opposition to attack comfortably, opposition would have to throw passes to the flanks which often ends in 1v1 with CBs. In these 1v1s, Nat performs way better than Gomez.
And when these teams cannot find a way on the ground, they go aerial. Nat dominates again.

And are you honestly going to tell me Gomez performed better than Nat second half?

One Center back needs to have pace, in the case of VVD and Matip, VVD is the one with pace... We've seen the offside trap fail many times, you need a quick CB who can recover...
Last season when we played, We conceded some goals because both Rhys and Nat couldn't keep the offside trap correctly and both of them weren't quick enough to offset that with their pace..
Klopp adjusted our highline to play lower than usual which in turn affected our abilities to score goals because we couldn't press effectively...
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by EgusiShankly: 7:11am On Oct 28, 2021
Silentgroper:
WTF!!! angry angry
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by gentlegiant95: 7:31am On Oct 28, 2021
Both of you are correct. I used to be an arsenal fan when I started watching football as a very young kid. But then I started liking liverpool after Istanbul. I was 10 then. I'll say I became a liverpool fan fully from '07 when Henry left Arsenal.
Yusman316:

And how old do u think those people will be by now?
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Alaganature09(m): 7:34am On Oct 28, 2021
Origi still dey Liverpool...he should be sold out...very useless striker
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Noblex2011(m): 8:14am On Oct 28, 2021
Look at these Liverpool fans oooooo
As at last season, none of them make mouth oooo. We were even praying for them to make top 4 so that Liecester will not waste that Champion League slot.
You guys has already collected Epl, Champion League, Carling cup and FA cup before the middle of the season....
Continue making mouth like that....
Shorrrr...
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by Babysho(m): 10:45am On Oct 28, 2021
AnfieldFan:

One Center back needs to have pace, in the case of VVD and Matip, VVD is the one with pace... We've seen the offside trap fail many times, you need a quick CB who can recover...
Last season when we played, We conceded some goals because both Rhys and Nat couldn't keep the offside trap correctly and both of them weren't quick enough to offset that with their pace..
Klopp adjusted our highline to play lower than usual which in turn affected our abilities to score goals because we couldn't press effectively...

I agree that pace is important but I still think defensive awareness is more important.
Rhys is an inexperienced teenager playing top flight for Liverpool. Of course, he would concede some goals but I think it has little do with his pace.
Bayern got dismantled yesterday with the fastest CBs in football so you can see it's not always about pace but mostly awareness.

And that last part is kinda untrue in my opinion. We lost pressing power in the midfield because they're older and have lesser stamina. Gini 31, Firmino 30, Hendo 31, Thiago 30, Milner 35. Midfield is still in shambles this season.
And even at that, that wasn't why we weren't scoring. Mane and Firmino were just absolutely out of it last season.
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by kapelvej: 11:30am On Oct 28, 2021
Babysho:

grin grin grin That's why he's better then Ronaldo and Messi combined. Has Ronaldo scored a Scorpion goal in his career?? grin grin
grin grin better than messi and Ronaldo combined
Re: Preston Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 27th October 2021 by donMIG(m): 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
I didn't even c the match.... I just blvd we'd come out victorious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Fulham (1 - 1) On 18th May 2021 / Manchester City Vs Porto :UCL (3 - 1 ) On 21st October 2020 / Community Shield 2011: Man Utd Vs Man City On Sunday, Aug 7th; 2.30pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.