Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? (2029 Views)

Should I Be Wary About The Volvo Type R ? / As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado / I Want To Buy A Small Bus From Ladipo What Documents Do I Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by starring: 11:01am On Oct 28, 2021
So I' have decided drive my camry 2003 to Ladipo market tomorrow from ibadan for an engine replacement. The current engine has been giving me smoking and oil shortage issues so I have decided to replace it with a tokunbo engine once and for all. This will be my first time visiting Ladipo spare part market and I have heard gist of how rowdy and crowded that market is. Please what should I be wary of when I get there tomorrow?

Please share your experience(s) if you have gone there for an engine replacement. Tips and advises and gist on how it went will go a long way in making sure I don't fall into the wrong hands.

Thanks in anticipation.

Oga Marpol, lalasticlala help move this to the glory Land for more imput
Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by iamademola(m): 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
Why not give this task to someone who knows the nooks and cranny of engine replacement

Don't go and fall in baranda hands they will confuse u..

My opinion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by dicksonadams(m): 11:09pm On Oct 29, 2021
How much for the engine
Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by kingreign(m): 12:35am On Oct 30, 2021
Beware, many have been scammed.
Point to note many will still fall victims.

2 Likes

Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by OfficialDJ: 4:35am On Oct 30, 2021
I'm not sure If you know what DEJAVUU actually means

5 Likes

Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by mejai(m): 4:56am On Oct 30, 2021
Premium tears loading in advance.... Unless u know about engine very well.

Make sure you didn't come back with generator engine components o grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by AgentGoat: 6:06am On Oct 30, 2021
outsource this service to a reliable mechanic and rest.

1 Like

Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by homeboy205: 9:55am On Oct 30, 2021
This car you are taking to Ladipo yourself is the most scammed engine. They might sell 1AZ for you thinking it is 2AZ

2 Likes

Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by dicksonadams(m): 11:20am On Oct 30, 2021
Reach out to gazzuzz and have rest of mind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by diportivo: 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2021
homeboy205:
This car you are taking to Ladipo yourself is the most scammed engine. They might sell 1AZ for you thinking it is 2AZ

they will sell 1AZ u mean to type?
Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by melviniyke2002(m): 6:48pm On Oct 30, 2021
dicksonadams:
Reach out to gazzuzz and have rest of mind
true n enjoy 3 months warranty self.....

1 Like

Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by homeboy205: 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
homeboy205:
diportivo:

they will sell 1AZ u mean to type?

Boss I don’t want to jump into conclusion ni, he might be lucky
Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by diportivo: 4:59am On Oct 31, 2021
homeboy205:

Boss I don’t want to jump into conclusion ni, he might be lucky

in this regard,you can jump as much as u like.... grin

na 1AZ sure pass

7 Likes

Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by Cokahot: 11:41am On Nov 02, 2021
Better go with mechanic,I was at ladipo yesterday,whr they sell engine,headlights,grill,rims ,radiator, fan etc. If not that i came with 2 of my bro,these Igbos were ready to scam me of 70k,for a part of 30k. Cool 40k. I kept on wondering why they were guarding me,not till I got my car and called my bros to come ,say dem wan cut my neck. Go with at least one or two trusted mechanic, and know the terrain. Dont act to desperate,if not u wil get scammed.
Better still park inside the garage whr they charge 1k per day. Dont Park on the roadside o and try to leave IB as early as 7am,u should be in lag max 9am. Make sure u ask for direction when u don reach berger o,no go drive one way enter lastma wohala o
Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by olumzzz(m): 10:17am On Nov 03, 2021
starring:
So I' have decided drive my camry 2003 to Ladipo market tomorrow from ibadan for an engine replacement. The current engine has been giving me smoking and oil shortage issues so I have decided to replace it with a tokunbo engine once and for all. This will be my first time visiting Ladipo spare part market and I have heard gist of how rowdy and crowded that market is. Please what should I be wary of when I get there tomorrow?

Please share your experience(s) if you have gone there for an engine replacement. Tips and advises and gist on how it went will go a long way in making sure I don't fall into the wrong hands.

Thanks in anticipation.

Oga Marpol, lalasticlala help move this to the glory Land for more imput
How far?
Did you get it?
Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by mejai(m): 11:58am On Nov 03, 2021
melviniyke2002:
true n [b]enjoy 3 months warranty[/b]self.....
U don start? U wan cause trouble for Gazzuzz?
Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by kuntash: 6:50pm On Nov 03, 2021
Remember the cheapest is not always the best
Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by starring: 8:55am On Dec 20, 2021
kuntash:
Remember the cheapest is not always the best
Thanks
Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by autologic: 10:06am On Dec 20, 2021
just hold additional money to do many corrections and adjustments in a better workshop after ladipo boys shoddy job
If it 4 bolts that oyinbo use to hold engine , ladipo boys will tie 2 bolts and leave the rest telling u that the rest are not necessary na oyinbo do overdo grin and expect many sensors and wires chop off
Ladipo mechanics and sharp sharp shoddy job are like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by starring: 2:36pm On Dec 20, 2021
autologic:
just hold additional money to do many corrections and adjustments in a better workshop after ladipo boys shoddy job
If it 4 bolts that oyinbo use to hold engine , ladipo boys will tie 2 bolts and leave the rest telling u that the rest are not necessary na oyinbo do overdo grin and expect many sensors and wires chop off
Ladipo mechanics and sharp sharp shoddy job are like
Thanks bro
So I can't get a complete sound engine at Ladipo without the above issue you stated above
Re: Engine replacement at Ladipo! What should I be wary about? by autologic: 6:31pm On Dec 20, 2021
starring:
Thanks bro
To So I can't get a complete sound engine at Ladipo without the above issue you stated above
To avoid story that touches the heart
Give this responsibility to a good mechanic to sort you out simple. We can recommend mechanic for u if u want

(1) (Reply)

Ford Escape Durability / Prices Of Imported Cars To Rise By 60% - Effective Date / Distress Sale: TOYOTA COROLLA 2006 MODEL At A Giveaway Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.