Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,876 members, 7,838,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman (38985 Views)

Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police / Meet Justice Yusuf Halilu Who Sent Maryam Sanda To Death / Pastor’s Wife Who Sent Her Nudes On Church’s Whatsapp Page Attempts Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Okortor: 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
There should be a chat trail if there was anytime the married woman also referred to the guy in a romantic way... sometimes u don't trust some of these married babes also I will fault the guy, irrespective of whatsoever, you should avoid married woman and focus on single girls (ur gf only).

That's their wahala. I wasn't there when they exchanged contact.

Great day guys
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by StagethemTVee: 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
What if it was wrong number? This will be an interesting case to follow.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Ademola47(m): 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
I don't see anything capable of breaching public peace in "Good Morning Babe"

Ordinarily, it looks like abuse of power because for a man to have the courage to add 'babe' to a chat, he must have been flirting with the woman before.

Who even gave him her number? Is it not the woman? She has indirectly consented to the potential flirting.

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by nezer83: 12:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
Arrant Nonsense
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Imustnottalk: 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
osuofia2:
smiley
many daft Naira landers commenting that what the man did is not a crime, na because many of nna never serve or go jail before. A law is a law. Why the hell will you text married woman babe.
FYI
''INFORMAL
a sexually attractive young woman.
"he's been pumping up his pecs to impress the babes"
INFORMAL
an affectionate form of address, typically for someone with whom one has a sexual or romantic relationship.
"hey babes, I know it is unscrupulous and underhand, but don't blame me!
what if it was a mistake or he said he mistakely sent it to her no case all these rich people believing because they have money or power they can win any case because na naija we dey

3 Likes

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by delzbaba(m): 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
This people should come to oshodi and hear what agbero peeps say to married women on the street everyday,, DPO just wan punish this man.

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by osuofia2(m): 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
Imustnottalk:
what if it was a mistake or he said he mistakely sent it to her no case all these rich people believing because they have money or power they can win any case because na naija we dey
Most things happen in Nigeria and go just like that. FYI , in law ignorance is not an excuse
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by infogeneral: 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
The case lacks merits.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by vicshub(m): 1:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
ALL THOSE ABOKI AND THIER PEOPLE WEY DEY BEG FOR EVERYWHERE SUPPOSE DON DEY PRISON..

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Imustnottalk: 1:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
osuofia2:

Most things happen in Nigeria and go just like that. FYI , in law ignorance is not an excuse
bro shit only happen in Nigeria because we have quack judiciary system that favour the rich this is not an offense we dey chat oyinbo too nah

2 Likes

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by belshazzar(m): 1:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
What is the yoruba translation of the word "babe" ?

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by jaxxy(m): 1:04pm On Oct 28, 2021
He didn’t force the woman to respond. He committed no crime. These are adults, if she doesn’t like his language she can warn him or block him not abuse his rights.

How did he even get her no?? undecided

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by dazzlingd(m): 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2021
olucephas:
I'm currently struggling to pay my school fees and other upkeeps.

Please.....I NEED HELP.

PS: I'm ready to prove my studentship....all documents and ID card will be made available on request.

Mods please don't delete this.

Section 249(d) of the Criminal Code, Revised Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006.

249. Idle and disorderly persons
The following persons‐
(a) every common prostitute‐
(i) behaving in a disorderly or indecent manner in any public place;
(ii) loitering and persistently importuning or soliciting persons for the purpose of
prostitution;
(b) every person wandering or placing himself in any public place to beg or gather alms, or
causing or procuring or encouraging any child or children so to do;

Lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by arantess: 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
This people are funny...

Me that normally sends and use the word "sweet heart sugar and baby girl" for one of my married female friend and she even like it

Shebi am breaching the peace in thier marriage ...

We are in the 21 first century....not some ancient days

she tell you say she need money, you lock up abi

damn niggarr
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by afube: 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
OloshoMan:
Can't believe this was a court case to begin with. Very petty people

your handle abi name says it all ! keep on going into other people's wives....hope you have ordered your coffin o!
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by mybiz234: 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
isioma010:
Even if the law of land says nothing about it, I think it's an only illiterate and a nuisance man that can only say hello babe to someone else wife, it's totally wrong and shameless attitude

Goa be check your dictionary for the meaning of"illiterate"

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by byteem: 1:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
No case submission... Dead on arrival.. sue them for false imprisonment.. defamation.. harrasment false arrest.. abuse of power.. the list is endless . This is just a clear case of intimidation.. but that guy should know his mate..

3 Likes

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by olucephas(m): 1:13pm On Oct 28, 2021
[quote author=dazzlingd post=107136139]

Section 249(d) of the Criminal Code, Revised Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006.

The following persons‐
(a) every common prostitute‐
(i) behaving in a disorderly or indecent manner in any public place;
(ii) loitering and persistently importuning or soliciting persons for the purpose of
prostitution;
(b) every person wandering or placing himself in any public place to beg or gather alms, or

Lalasticlala

Well....

If you can't help you shouldn't prevent those that might be willing by reporting my post.

I'm not happy asking for help here too.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by litaninja(m): 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
And how is whatsapp public?

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
philiancoop:
Remember that story here

Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police
https://www.nairaland.com/6823515/man-sent-good-morning-babe

Here is what the quoted law he was charged with says

The following persons‐  
(a)   every common prostitute‐  
    (i)   behaving in a disorderly or indecent manner in any public place;  
    (ii)   loitering and persistently importuning or soliciting persons for the purpose of  
    prostitution;
(b)   every person wandering or placing himself in any public place to beg or gather alms, or  
(c)   every person playing at any game of chance for money or money's worth in any public  place; and  
(d)   every person who, in any public place, conducts himself in a manner likely to cause a breach of the peace

shall be deemed idle and disorderly persons and may be arrested without warrant, and are guilty of a simple offence and liable to imprisonment for one month."

This has to be a joke. What kind of laws do we have in this jungle

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Easylifelomo(m): 1:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
philiancoop:
Remember that story here

Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To Married Woman On Whatsapp Arrested By Police
https://www.nairaland.com/6823515/man-sent-good-morning-babe

Here is what the quoted law he was charged with says

The following persons‐  
(a)   every common prostitute‐  
    (i)   behaving in a disorderly or indecent manner in any public place;  
    (ii)   loitering and persistently importuning or soliciting persons for the purpose of  
    prostitution;
(b)   every person wandering or placing himself in any public place to beg or gather alms, or  
(c)   every person playing at any game of chance for money or money's worth in any public  place; and  
(d)   every person who, in any public place, conducts himself in a manner likely to cause a breach of the peace

shall be deemed idle and disorderly persons and may be arrested without warrant, and are guilty of a simple offence and liable to imprisonment for one month."

To greet person good morning na crime.

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by OlujobaSamuel: 1:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
Chai, na waoooo, make I go sue all those wey don use dear, love, sweetheart, etc, for me.
Wished a married friend happy birthday sweet last weekend and she responded with thanks dear. Me and her sef never see in a while and we talk like once a month, maybe the next time we go see, na police I go see.

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by BlueRayDick: 1:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
What of Dino that said he will impregnate Tinubu’s wife ? Why we no see “Commissioner vs Dino Melaye “ trend ?

2 Likes

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by bizzibodi(m): 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
Na hisba suppose handle this matter no be Nigeriyan police.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by belshazzar(m): 1:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
jaxxy:
He didn’t force the woman to respond. He committed no crime. These are adults, if she doesn’t like his language she can warn him or block him not abuse his rights.

How did he even get her no?? undecided
P.s there's this option called blocking on whatsapp,that seemed appropriate and easy thing to do

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Bigchristo: 1:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
This people are funny...

Me that normally sends and use the word "sweet heart sugar and baby girl" for one of my married female friend and she even like it

Shebi am breaching the peace in thier marriage ...

We are in the 21 first century....not some ancient days

You’re happy Doing it until her husband finds out then you will know if you’re bridging public peace or not, let’s call a spade a spade of no account should call any married woman sweet name that action is capable of ruining marriage, I am pretty sure you’re still single, get married and see a guy calling your wife Sugar let’s see if you will be happy with that.

2 Likes

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by godofuck231: 1:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
Deivid10:
Aisha Buhari Good morning my sugar baby.
death sentence loading , you will saphar tha coinsequenzez

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by Kajaard: 1:35pm On Oct 28, 2021
The guy is lucky sha that it was police they reported him to.

If I was the husband and I see a man sending my wife a text message saying HELLO BABE, I will organise serious community beating for the guy. He will be lucky if he survives it.
Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by MyExpression(m): 1:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
osuofia2:
smiley
many daft Naira landers commenting that what the man did is not a crime, na because many of nna never serve or go jail before. A law is a law. Why the hell will you text married woman babe.
FYI
''INFORMAL
a sexually attractive young woman.
"he's been pumping up his pecs to impress the babes"
INFORMAL
an affectionate form of address, typically for someone with whom one has a sexual or romantic relationship.
"hey babes, I know it is unscrupulous and underhand, but don't blame me!

We know "babe" is informal.
However, that law cited is for PUBLIC breach of peace and the man in question has not coonstituted a public breach of peace, and not applicable in a context of marriage. Marriage is a private domain and such act can not be said to have constituted breach of peace to the woman in particular. She can only get a restraining order from d Court against the man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by osuofia2(m): 1:38pm On Oct 28, 2021
MyExpression:

We know "babe" is informal.
However, that law cited is for PUBLIC breach of peace and the man in question has not coonstituted a public breach of peace, and not applicable in a context of marriage. Marriage is a private domain and such act can not be said to have constituted breach of peace to the woman in particular. She can only get a restraining order from d Court against the man.
let the judge interpret that

1 Like

Re: What The Law Says About Man Who Sent 'Good Morning Babe' To A Married Woman by datamillionaire: 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
I personally see it as an insult for any man to call a married woman 'babe'. It's only the husband that has right to call her by such name. Yet despite this, I also believe the man over-reacted especially if he never cautioned the man who called his wife babe to desist from it as she is a married woman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oriagu Police Station In Mbano Imo Attacked, Six Officers Killed / Photos Of Daniel Ikoli, Naval Officer Who Was Found Dead At His Home In Lagos / Man Steals Senator Araraume Bag At The Airport Got Caught

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.