Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) (41567 Views)

Unbelievable Moment Fish Move Through Sea In The Shape Of A Love Heart(Pix,vid) / Angry Elephant Attacks Jumbo Sculpture After Thinking It’s A Love Rival(Pix,vid) / Astronomers Discover Non-Habitable Earth-Sized 'Pi Planet' With A 3.14-Day Orbit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by Holiness2100: 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
MYSTERIOUS SIGNALS: Astronomers have detected mysterious radio waves coming from the center of the Milky Way, but so far they have no idea what's causing it

A team of scientists from across the world discovered the object using the CSIRO radio telescope in Western Australia. Ziteng Wang, the lead author of the study and a PhD student at the University of Sydney, said in a press release that they initially believed it could be a spinning dead star called a pulsar, but its signal didn't match what they expected from those types of celestial objects.

"The strangest property of this new signal is that it is has a very high polarisation," Wang said. "This means its light oscillates in only one direction, but that direction rotates with time."

"The brightness of the object also varies dramatically, by a factor of 100, and the signal switches on and off apparently at random," Wang added. "We've never seen anything like it."

The radio signal — named ASKAP J173608.2-321635 after its coordinates — was "unique" because it started out invisible, then it turned bright and faded away before reappearing again, said Tara Murphy, who is Wang's PhD supervisor and professor at the Sydney Institute for Astronomy and the School of Physics.

"This behaviour was extraordinary," she said.

The scientists detected six radio signals from the source over nine months in 2020 and tried to find the object in visual light, but found nothing. They opted to use the CSIRO radio telescope and failed to recognize the source.

According to the press release, the signals don't fit any currently understood pattern of variable radio source, and it could suggest a new class of stellar object.

"The information we do have has some parallels with another emerging class of mysterious objects known as Galactic Centre Radio Transients, including one dubbed the 'cosmic burper,'" said Wang's co-supervisor, David Kaplan, a professor from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

"While our new object, ASKAP J173608.2-321635, does share some properties with GCRTs there are also differences. And we don't really understand those sources, anyway, so this adds to the mystery," he said.

As scientists continue to keep an eye out for more clues, sources from other radio signals have been detected in recent months. In May, NASA traced the source of mysterious fast radio bursts sending signals to Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8EvaXKIlME

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/milky-way-mysterious-radio-waves-astronomers/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by dawnomike(m): 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
Aliens are sending an encrypted message to mother Earth i guess grin

165 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by illicit(m): 5:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
That could be Armageddon FM

191 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by Iyiataata92: 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
Make then just find a way to connect to the waves and hear what the aliens are saying to the world

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by Iyiataata92: 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
illicit:
That could be Armageddon FM
Who are you to speak of Armageddon when Righteousness have not spoken??

312 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by Righteousness2(m): 5:40pm On Oct 28, 2021
Scriptures Must be Fulfilled! It does not Matter whether we Believe or not.

The Owner and Creator of the Heavens and the Earth told us over 2000 yrs ago , what will be on Earth as Signals to his arrival and the End of the age.

Luke 21:25-28
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Ready or Not! JESUS is Coming

362 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by illicit(m): 5:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
Iyiataata92:

Who are you to speak of Armageddon when Righteousness have not spoken??

Stay tuned

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by Iyiataata92: 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
Righteousness2:

The Owner and Creator of the Heavens and the Earth told us over 2000 yrs ago , what will becon Earth as Signals to his arrival and the End of the age.

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

I also believe in God, but many of these technologies you enjoy today were mysteries before, just like this mysterious waves.
But the scientists didn't give up and call it endtime.
I hope you know what I mean

290 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by slawormiir: 9:06pm On Oct 28, 2021
Damnnn niggar

Should we be scared now...hell no

We scientists will figure it out with time

Let me call my cousin bro studying geo physics

Am a computer scientist

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:06pm On Oct 28, 2021
grin

I already knew the end time mentally deranged folk was behind this.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by Ernerstdavid55(m): 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by Smartblogger: 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hmm
I will write for you SEO optimized and plagiarism-free articles for just 500 n.aira. word count 500-700

See my signature to reach out to me

2 Likes

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by Fuckthamods: 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
Invisible spaceship filled with aliens is close by

5 Likes

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by Impregnable101: 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
I believe they are other people/alien somewhere

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
Righteousness2:

The Owner and Creator of the Heavens and the Earth told us over 2000 yrs ago , what will becon Earth as Signals to his arrival and the End of the age.

grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by telim: 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
Tired of mother earth with the dubious and greedy humans, is high time I join my cousins in other planets.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by SILVERLINES: 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by Fuckthamods: 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
Righteousness2:

Thunder! angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by Nomorelove: 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
Aliens

2 Likes

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by baike: 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
R

2 Likes

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by damoobaba: 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
Iyiataata92:

I also believe in God, but many of these technologies you enjoy today were mysteries before, just like this mysterious waves.
But the scientists didn't give up and call it endtime.
I hope you know what I mean

Your own too much. Na too much book kill Einstein O

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by Sabadon(m): 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
They are communicating, only if u can decode the encrypted message......i do believe in life outside earth

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by Dailymice: 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by specialmati(m): 9:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
cool cool cool cool count down to rounding up the age.

3 Likes

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by godisshit(m): 9:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
Thanos is coming! Coming to knock sense into this planet ➡️

[img]https://images./7f5CNIA52pmfO8EZxsjJbe.gif[/img]

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by olu77(m): 9:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
Nice one. Hopefully, soon we'll be able to talk to aliens on our mobiles.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by Isokoboy(m): 9:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
Abeg ooo...I Neva born ooo

4 Likes

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by calculator123(m): 9:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hereto learn
Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by damoobaba: 9:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
Sabadon:
V

W for Werey

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid) by sammysmiles(m): 9:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
Who be dat wey dey cancel righteousness comment for up cheesy cheesy

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oduga Stream In Nnewi Dries Up; Emits Flames, Offensive Odor! / Dog With A Human Face Saved From Kentucky Kill Shelter / Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.