Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,489 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand (52753 Views)

Threads: See Elon Musk's Reply on Twitter's attempt to sue Meta / Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" / Mtn Changes Recharge Card Loading Pattern And Reduces Card Pin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by HonNL: 7:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said his company is rebranding itself as Meta in an effort to encompass its virtual-reality vision for the future, what Zuckerberg calls the “metaverse.”

Skeptics point out that it also appears to be an attempt to change the subject from the Facebook Papers, a leaked document trove that has revealed the ways Facebook ignored internal reports and warnings of the harms its social network created or magnified across the world.

Zuckerberg says he expects the metaverse to reach a billion people within the next decade. The metaverse, he says, will be a place people will be able to interact, work and create products and content in what he hopes will be a new ecosystem that creates “millions” of jobs for creators.

The announcement comes amid an existential crisis for Facebook. It faces legislative and regulatory scrutiny in many parts of the world following revelations in the Facebook Papers.

[b]In explaining the rebrand, Zuckerberg said the name “Facebook” just doesn’t encompass “everything we do” any more. In addition to its primary social network, that now includes Instagram, Messenger, its Quest VR headset, its Horizon VR platform [/b]and more.

SOURCE

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by jovialswag(m): 7:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ronaldo expecting twins ❤❤❤�

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by Ceenachi: 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Changing their name won't change how this company is viewed and all the crap they've done with peoples information.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by kingola87(m): 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
i think people are loosing intrest in facebook these days.
maybe that is the reason for a change of name

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Meta ko, merin ni... Don't think I'm getting back on facebook meta anytime soon. tongue

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by mmadu5(m): 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
*Please if you are the one that gave me food to eat last night in my dream last night ! Plz reduce d salt n pepper and add more pomo this night tank u* undecided undecided

309 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by EXLOVER(m): 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Mark Zuckerberg is just behaving like Nwamaikpe this days. Which one is Meta again? He should just change the name to MetaTrader7.

This new name is sounding like a science related something, not even a social media.

Well even if you change Nepa to pHcn or bedc, Na Nepa we know

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by WibusJaga: 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2021

Oyibo people, always futuristic in their thinking.

Most of us would have been quite content driving 1978 Regular Benz if Oyibo had continued with the production till date. cheesy

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by CharlesJok3r: 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Wahala and Wahalaux.
Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by wvictory(m): 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Mk we dey watch
Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by Thryphosa(m): 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Noted
Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by bercarray(m): 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Yimu, that change no dey change for Nigerians mouth o, Facebook na still Facebook. If u think say I lie, ask nepa, after changing name to phcn and all other rubbish, Nigerians still call NEPA, even our leaders wey change d name sef still dey call NEPA, den say indomie is just name the real name noodles, Lai Lai Nigerians still dey call everything indomie. If u even tell em I wan buy noodles sef, den fit say we don't have it o, it's only indomie we av.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by Wizpa(m): 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Good way to go
Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by RealLordZeus(m): 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Metaphysical!!

It baffles me how people accept the concept but refuse to believe in God

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by lafiagi007: 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by Funlag: 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
angry
Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by free2ryhme: 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
HonNL:

SOURCE

If e like change am to Methuselah that one concern them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by jaeyking(m): 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
wink
This news is invalid

Next

1 Like

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by Kokaine(m): 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
Oooohh hhooooo but I prefer facebook.

Him for say make we vote nao

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by Charmingrascal(m): 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
This news na for people wey dey book face on top Facebook

Meta kor meji ni

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by nob0dy: 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
Them done register the domain name meta dot com already, I been feel say na my opportunity to cash out grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by mighty5050(m): 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
Choi
Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by ttemmi(m): 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
For those who don't know what META means, it is a Greek word which means BEYOND.

Now, facebook will be beyond chatting, calls, and catching up with old friends. New products and technologies will be introduced.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by Godada(m): 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2021

For the tech heads, Facebook and google and even Amazon are rebranding to remain relevant.

The term innovate or die comes to mind. Back yahoo, MySpace etc where the real deal.

So it's either these big tech companies spend billions on R&B or they pay the ultimate price of extinction.

The metaverse concept will be interesting.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by CJ310(m): 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
LOL, Metaverse kor.

That name no sweet like Facebook. Anyways it will always remain Facebook on the streets, same as PHCN now EKEDC is still and will always be known as NEPA.

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by Dialpad: 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
Good luck, I hope this new 'brand' will take people's privacy seriously.
Re: Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand by funkybroyouknow: 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
useless change, infact it will only confuse people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Your Dad Asks You To Bring Your Phone .(pic) / Please Who Knows What Application Was Used To Edit This Picture? / Apart From Yahoo, What Can I Do With My Phone And Earn A Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.