Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,467 members, 7,850,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:03 AM

American Flight Diverted After Asian Male Assaults Female Flight Attendant - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / American Flight Diverted After Asian Male Assaults Female Flight Attendant (859 Views)

Abia Airport Funds Diverted To 32 Companies, Governor Alex Otti Alleges (Video) / Anambra Man Battered, Robbed, After Okada Man Diverted Him To Kidnappers' Den / Folarin Coker & Wife, Aisha Rimi Diverted N3bn From Lagos State Account - EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Flight Diverted After Asian Male Assaults Female Flight Attendant by Cousin9999: 2:53pm On Oct 29, 2021
An American Airlines flight from New York to Orange County, California, outside Los Angeles, was diverted to Denver Wednesday after a passenger allegedly assaulted a female flight attendant. The carrier says it's "outraged."

Witnesses initially described it as a dispute over wearing a mask, but American Airlines said the incident was not mask-related.

American says Flight 976 from John F. Kennedy International Airport to John Wayne Airport, in Santa Ana, was diverted "due to a passenger who physically assaulted a flight attendant. The aircraft landed safely and taxied to the gate, where law enforcement removed and apprehended the passenger."

The Federal Aviation Administration, which confirmed the plane landed at 6:37 p.m. Denver time, says it will investigate.

The flight attendant was taken to a local hospital, CBS L.A. reports. The Association of Professional Flight Attendants, the union representing American Airlines flight attendants, said the employee suffered broken bones to the face.

American Airlines CEO Doug Parker called the incident "one of the worst displays of unruly behavior we've ever witnessed."

The FBI Denver office said the investigation is ongoing.

One passenger, Mackenzie Rose, told CBS Los Angeles the incident occurred about halfway through the flight, when the plane was over Ohio. The passenger suspected of assaulting the flight attendant was apparently in first or business class.

Rose provided CBS L.A. with what she said is a photo of the man in Denver International Airport:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FCwzi9bWQAAqudo?format=jpg&name=large

Rose told the station the flight attendant had blood on her after the assault.

"I saw her walk by and she had blood on the outside of her mask, which bless her, she was still wearing," Rose said.

In a statement, American said it's outraged by the reports of what took place on board. Parker said in an Instagram post that American Airlines will not tolerate airport or inflight misconduct of any kind, and called for "aggressive criminal prosecution."

"As for this individual, I can guarantee you he will never be allowed to fly American Airlines' again. But that is not enough — this type of behavior has to stop," Parker said.

No other injuries were reported. The suspect's name wasn't released. The plane continued to Santa Ana, where it arrived Wednesday night.

Unruly passenger behavior on planes has been increasing since travel re-opened after the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/american-airlines-flight-diverted-unruly-passenger-flight-attendant-mask/

Criminal:

Re: American Flight Diverted After Asian Male Assaults Female Flight Attendant by MITCHELL96: 2:53pm On Oct 29, 2021
I remember when I was traveling from east to Abuja, a passenger Insulted the driver, it was an 18 seater bus, the driver got provoked and said if he was carrying only him, he for crash the bus, that he has nothing to lose, naso I shout driver abeg oo, no mind the fool, the guy that insulted the driver quickly slapped me, I couldn't do anything because he was bigger than me and he sat behind me

Moral lesson, Know what you say to all these drivers, you don't know what they're facing, some of them get annoyed easily and could do something that will affect everybody
Re: American Flight Diverted After Asian Male Assaults Female Flight Attendant by Blackfire(m): 2:58pm On Oct 29, 2021
Igbo people eeehhh

grin

Carry aggression enter flight

Anyway I sell cows o
Re: American Flight Diverted After Asian Male Assaults Female Flight Attendant by Jeon(f): 2:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
Nigerians will never forget to disgrace person.

Re: American Flight Diverted After Asian Male Assaults Female Flight Attendant by EnemyofGod22(m): 3:03pm On Oct 29, 2021
cool shocked

God and satan doesn't exist.

Know this and have peace of mind.
Re: American Flight Diverted After Asian Male Assaults Female Flight Attendant by Boogyman557: 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN
Re: American Flight Diverted After Asian Male Assaults Female Flight Attendant by Qatar2022: 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2021
Jeon:
Nigerians will never forget to disgrace person.
Indeed you're a fool, did you even read the headline talk less of the full story

1 Like

Re: American Flight Diverted After Asian Male Assaults Female Flight Attendant by richmondefosa(m): 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2021
shocked

After leaving jail, this one will never fly on a plane again.
Re: American Flight Diverted After Asian Male Assaults Female Flight Attendant by Cousin9999: 3:27am On Nov 02, 2021
Authorities did not release details of the incident, but 20-year-old Brian Hsu, of Irvine, faces charges of interference with a flight crew and assault within the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States, according to the Department of Justice.

Passengers said Hsu had to be duct-taped to his seat after the attack.

https://www.wane.com/news/man-charged-with-assaulting-american-airlines-flight-attendant-causing-plane-to-be-diverted/amp/
Re: American Flight Diverted After Asian Male Assaults Female Flight Attendant by Cousin9999: 3:32am On Nov 02, 2021
The flight attendant bumped into Hsu who was traveling in first class, the source said. The attendant apologized, according to the source, but Hsu later walked to the galley and allegedly punched her twice.

He then returned to his seat as if nothing had happened, the source said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/american-passenger-charged-after-allegedly-punching-flight-attendant-twice/ar-AAQcnug

(1) (Reply)

I’m On Hot Seat’ Comedian Cute Abiola Allegedly Breaks Silence On His Arrest / BREAKING: Femi Falana, SAN Agrees To Represent Femi Adegoke’s Family - Pics / Ogunjimi Ayodeji Samson, Wang Lu Should Be Declared Wanted For Cyber Crimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.