Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Between Hnd And Noun Degree - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Between Hnd And Noun Degree (4019 Views)

Is Noun Degree Accepted In Other Nigeria Universities / The Difference Between HND And BSC Is Discrimination - Wole Soyinka / RIVERS STATE POLYTECHNIC BORI, HND AND PRE-ND FORM 2010-2011 SESSION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Hnd And Noun Degree by ChiefS(m): 10:29am On Jul 25, 2007
I am in a fix as regards going back to do my HND in secretarial studies or continuing my B.sc programme in Small business and enterpreneurial management at National open university.I'm almost in my mid thirties.Which do you think will yield a better career prospect for me?I need your help
Re: Between Hnd And Noun Degree by hamabra(m): 2:13pm On Jul 25, 2007
abeg go for NOUN
Re: Between Hnd And Noun Degree by ChiefS(m): 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2007
Please give reasons for your reply
Re: Between Hnd And Noun Degree by hamabra(m): 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2007
since u are in ur mid thirties, i guess u will have to sponsor urselves, full time studies will not be too convinent moreover HND by Nigeria definition is a total waste abi na lie
Re: Between Hnd And Noun Degree by ishmael(m): 8:00am On Jul 26, 2007
Better go and do your HND in Secreterial Studies than going to that NOUN. You can get your HND within 2 years but a friend that has been in NOUN for the past 4 yrs have not even entered his 200 levels because of government policies as regards to funding etc. With your HND in sec studies you  can get a very good job as a Secretary.

Remember age no dey your side again oo.
Re: Between Hnd And Noun Degree by ChiefS(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2007
I'm a married woman and still need to work after my programme?Can I work with NOUN degree?Do companies accept it?
Re: Between Hnd And Noun Degree by larryoncol(m): 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2007
@ishmael,

are you sure about what you said about your friend being in noun for 4 years now and has still not attained his 200 level pls confirmb4 you spread such an information, i would also like to hear tthis from this your so called friends mouth if you do not mind and if he has been in an institution were nothing is happening why doesnet he leave.

Secondly give me a brief detailed explanation of the government policies as regards to funding and how this is affecting the time table of nuon. Hope i don't sound rude. thanks

larry
Re: Between Hnd And Noun Degree by ishmael(m): 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2007
larryoncol:

@ishmael,

are you sure about what you said about your friend being in noun for 4 years now and has still not attained his 200 level please confirmb4 you spread such an information, i would also like to hear tthis from this your so called friends mouth if you do not mind and if he has been in an institution were nothing is happening why doesnet he leave.

Secondly give me a brief detailed explanation of the government policies as regards to funding and how this is affecting the time table of nuon. Hope i don't sound rude. thanks

larry

Believe it or not my friend's course codes are still 101, 111, 104 etc. What does that imply??
And there was a time that they spent more than one year without going to school; and he told me that they are having problems that government were yet to release money for somethings to be put in place in the school. He's been in that school since 2004 as far as i can remember.
Re: Between Hnd And Noun Degree by ChiefS(m): 5:25pm On Aug 23, 2007
Still need some input to this thread.
Re: Between Hnd And Noun Degree by Sleekfun: 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2007
i am Adeleye Micheal Love,student of National Open University of Nigeria Nursing 100 level,if you guys could recall that Noun had come and come to stay,we can never use HND to compare with NOUN Bsc degree so i will advice you to go for NOUN,my mum also is a NOUN student,NOUN is now a great school ,streeless and easy to access, there as been problem before with NOUN but now no more problem, 08054601115.sleekfun@yahoo.com
Re: Between Hnd And Noun Degree by zebra(m): 11:14am On Aug 24, 2007
Sleekfun:

we can never use HND to compare with NOUN Bsc degree

What do you mean by this?? Anyway you are correct, HND from Nigerian polytechnics can never be mate with with NOUN Bsc Degree. is NOUN a school?? School for bunch of old men/women and illiterates who want to hold Degree certificate by all cost. No be the school wey OBJ dey be that?? Him no see UI, UNILAG, IFE and even UNAAB before him go there??
Re: Between Hnd And Noun Degree by Ijem(f): 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2007
NOUN is only functioning in the west part of the country. I have being a student of NOUN since 2003 and have written only one exam and that was 2005. With your HND, you can get a job at the same time go in for your PGD.
Re: Between Hnd And Noun Degree by ladykay(f): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2007
I think NOUN would soon get over the problems they are having. The school is not bad and would stabilise.

Since u are married, u could still give ur HND a shot and try going to NOUN afterwards. There is an uncertainty about the HND now becos govt is still reviewing Oby Ezekwesili's call that it should be scrapped.
But whatever u do, don't just sit at home doing nothing becos the time would pass anyway.

zebra:

is NOUN a school?? School for bunch of old men/women and illiterates who want to hold Degree certificate by all cost. No be the school wey OBJ dey be that?? Him no see UI, UNILAG, IFE and even UNAAB before him go there??

I think ur comments are rather insensitive. Illiterates are people who do not go to school not those who make attempt to better their lives by seeking an education. NOUN is not as bad as you think.
Re: Between Hnd And Noun Degree by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 20, 2009
zebra:

What do you mean by this?? Anyway you are correct, HND from Nigerian polytechnics can never be mate with with NOUN Bsc Degree. is NOUN a school?? School for bunch of old men/women and illiterates who want to hold Degree certificate by all cost. No be the school wey OBJ dey be that?? Him no see UI, UNILAG, IFE and even UNAAB before him go there??

ur ex president finished there and he ruled you the brain buster without it sef. U still dey tok. try it and stop worrying ASUU anytime they do their thing. Teach urself and read on ur own.

(1) (Reply)

Is / MOUAU 2014/2015 2nd Batch Admission List Is Out,call For Help,08177218843 / Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.