Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,113 members, 7,849,474 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:14 PM

Inability Of Human Governments To Bring Lasting Happiness. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inability Of Human Governments To Bring Lasting Happiness. (240 Views)

I Used ‘abidoshaker’ To Bring Down Dollar — Prophet Odumeje / Things In Life That Bring Lasting Fulfillment / Are Human Governments From Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inability Of Human Governments To Bring Lasting Happiness. by gideonjeta(m): 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2021
For centuries, humans has established government but there seems to be no lasting happiness among the ruler and the ruled. What does the record of human rulership over the centuries show? Ecclesiastes 8:9: "Man has dominated man to his injury". (This is true even though some governments and rulers have started off with high ideals). The question now is why is it so?... Jer. 10:23 and Gen. 8:21 gives two reasons why human efforts in the field of government has failed.
If humans cannot establish a government that can bring lasting happiness, then which government can? The Bible puts us on notice that all human governments will come to their end at the hands of God and that God's government in the hands of his Son, Jesus Christ, will rule over all mankind and bring lasting happiness. Dan. 2:4; 7:13,14.

1 Like

Re: Inability Of Human Governments To Bring Lasting Happiness. by Nothingserious: 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bible prophecies are sure.

Me I am waiting for the day humans will evolve to other beings or apes will turn to humans or eyes evolve to other organs.
When will this likely happen pls?
Re: Inability Of Human Governments To Bring Lasting Happiness. by gideonjeta(m): 1:30pm On Nov 07, 2021
Nothingserious:

Me I am waiting for the day humans will evolve to other beings or apes will turn to humans or eyes evolve to other organs.

I am glad you believe in Bible prophecies. The same Bible does not say anything about evolution or apes turning to man. Genesis 2: 7 says Jehovah God form the man out of dust from the ground, and not from earlier animals. Also, Genesis 2:21,22 says Eve was formed, not from an animal, but with one of Adam's ribs as starting material. Thus, evolution did not happen in the past nor will it happen in future.

1 Like

Re: Inability Of Human Governments To Bring Lasting Happiness. by Nothingserious: 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2021
gideonjeta:

I am glad you believe in Bible prophecies. The same Bible does not say anything about evolution or apes turning to man. Genesis 2: 7 says Jehovah God form the man out of dust from the ground, and not from earlier animals. Also, Genesis 2:21,22 says Eve was formed, not from an animal, but with one of Adam's ribs as starting material. Thus, evolution did not happen in the past nor will it happen in future.

That’s interesting.
I believe everything in the Bible even though the Bible is one of the most difficult and complex books in the world. We cannot have all answers to our questions from the Bible until we meet Jesus face to face.

We understand through the scriptures that God made all things, including humans.
However how he made all things no one can say. Whether he made some species and allowed them to evolve over time, none can say. But the most important thing is that all origins are traced back to God. After all we do not know how many years exist between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2. Possibly millions of years or just a few days in between those verses.

The book of Job which is supposed to be the first book in the Bible tried to provide some details of creation account left out by Genesis. But then we still cannot grasp all the minute details.

The problem humans have isn’t with evolution at micro level of organism. Evolution should simply be seen as changes and transformation.
Our problem is with macroevolution claims in higher animals like humans, chimpanzees, elephants , whales etc. There are a lot of gaps that cannot explain how humans evolved from minute organisms.

There is where the challenge comes from.
Re: Inability Of Human Governments To Bring Lasting Happiness. by LordReed(m): 2:30pm On Nov 07, 2021
Nothingserious:

Not in your lifetime. Not in a hundred of your lifetimes probably.

(1) (Reply)

What are the things you like about your church? / There Was No King In Israel / God's Glory.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.