Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,799 members, 7,844,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Does Repeating A Level In University Worth it? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Repeating A Level In University Worth it? (714 Views)

I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? / Adoption Is Not Worth It At All / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Repeating A Level In University Worth it? by Gr8tfulmind(m): 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2021
Good evening great minds.

I'm at the verge to decide either to dropout or to continue forge ahead.

I was just informed by my level advicer that I won't proceed with 400l courses till I clear all carryover courses.

It all started when I applied for admission I was given an engineering course instead of the course i applied for. Initially I was reluctant to accept the admission but relative and friends advice made me to succumbed for an engineering.

In year one, I did well academically. fast forward to year 2, I lost my dad he was the only sponsor I had and first semester exam was fast approaching, I lost interest completely on education.

When year two first semester result was released I had 4 carryovers, my exam officer called me to know what the problem was I explained everything to him, he encouraged me to put more effort.

What I needed then was someone who could support me financially and encourage me but nobody cares to even ask how I was doing academically.

After year two second semester results was released I had 2 carryovers again.

In 300l first semester everything went smoothly no carryovers. 300l second semester I had two carryovers. Accumulating everything to 17units.

After all this struggle and suffering i went through none of my relatives cares, now that I'm about to give up my aunty showed up and took all my school expenses upon herself.

The question running through my mind is where was she all this while?

Why I'm considering dropping out is I'm 27 already and I can't see myself repeating 300l.
Re: Does Repeating A Level In University Worth it? by LordIsaac(m): 10:03pm On Oct 31, 2021
It will be over before you know it. Humble yourself and finish what you started...you'll be grateful you did when you look back at 30!

2 Likes

Re: Does Repeating A Level In University Worth it? by oylam(m): 12:26am On Nov 01, 2021
I'm in the same predicament, only that I lost my mother that time and lost interest in education too. See brother, it's best not to leave any loose ends. Just tie it up and as the oga above me mentioned, it'll be over before you know it.

As I'm typing this, I'm also giving myself ginger to go finish up on my courses. Hardwork no dy kill person sha and in the end, you'll only have stories to share. But that's if you man up. Ive seen people graduate by 35 so nothing new under the sun anymore. Bounce back!

1 Like

Re: Does Repeating A Level In University Worth it? by frozen70(f): 4:29am On Nov 01, 2021
Gr8tfulmind:
Good evening great minds.

I'm at the verge to decide either to dropout or to continue forge ahead.

I was just informed by my level advicer that I won't proceed with 400l courses till I clear all carryover courses.

It all started when I applied for admission I was given an engineering course instead of the I course applied for. Initially I was reluctant to accept the admission but relative and friends advice made me to succumbed for an engineering.

In year one, I did well academically. fast forward to year 2, I lost my dad he was the only sponsor I had and first semester exam was fast approaching, I lost interest completely on education.

When year two first semester was released I had 4 carryovers, my exam officer called me to know what the problem was I explained everything to him, he encouraged me to put more effort.

What I needed then was someone who could support me financially and encourage me but nobody cares to even ask how I was doing academically.

After year two second semester results was released I had 2 carryovers again.

In 300l first semester everything went smoothly no carryovers. 300l second semester I had two carryovers. Accumulating everything to 17units.

After all this struggle and suffering i went through none of my relatives cares, now that I'm about to give up my aunty showed up and took all my school expenses upon herself.

The question running through my mind is where was she all this while?

Why I'm considering dropping out is I'm 27 already and I can't see myself repeating 300l.

Thanks be to God your aunt came at the dying minute

That your aunt have her own responsibilities so don't say where are they when you need them most
Braze up and face those academic challenges and tackle it

Most people who drops out of university doesn't go back at any time of their life to finish schooling and that alone is the beginning of their trauma in life

Just summon up courage and see it as a cross to carry

We all have a cross to carry

1 Like

Re: Does Repeating A Level In University Worth it? by Gr8tfulmind(m): 10:19am On Nov 01, 2021
Thank you all.
Your words above are motivating.

If you have anyone schooling try call them to encourage them sometimes it is not about money, your words of encouragement alone can motivate them to push ahead no matter the obstacles they face.
Re: Does Repeating A Level In University Worth it? by Spherical77(m): 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2021
Please bro endure and never give up. Don't consider your age please. You've gone way too far to quit now. It is well
Re: Does Repeating A Level In University Worth it? by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 05, 2021
Your aunt is very kind to have showed up for you. Make her and your Dad proud. Keep going.

1 Like

Re: Does Repeating A Level In University Worth it? by CountVersailles(f): 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
Why do you guys like writing "does it worth it?". Una no go school? The correct English is "is it worth it?" Abeg, make una dey check dictionary. This is getting out of hand.
Re: Does Repeating A Level In University Worth it? by Gr8tfulmind(m): 7:30pm On Nov 05, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
Your aunt is very kind to have showed up for you. Make her and your Dad proud. Keep going.
honestly, she is very kind.
I'll put in my best to make her and my late Dad proud.

Thanks for this piece.

1 Like

Re: Does Repeating A Level In University Worth it? by Gr8tfulmind(m): 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2021
CountVersailles:
Why do you guys like writing "does it worth it?". Una no go school? The correct English is "is it worth it?" Abeg, make una dey check dictionary. This is getting out of hand.
Tor, learning is a continuous process. thanks for the correction.
Re: Does Repeating A Level In University Worth it? by samtol4(m): 7:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
CountVersailles:
Prof of English! Well done ma

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Parents Love Some Children More Than Others? / Woman Storms Ex-boyfriend’s Wedding With Friends, Scatters Venue (video) / We Disagreed On This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.