Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1070935 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (637) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 5:29pm On May 05, 2022
AkumahTalk:
Please what's the gap in your return ticket (between departure and arrival) to be eligible for PTA. Can it be more than 2 weeks?

I once got PTA with a return ticket that was almost a year away, unless they’ve changed the rules

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Joshmuch: 5:49pm On May 05, 2022
Joshmuch:
Hello friends please I have a quick question. I am about to submit Québec application which I already paid for and no refund given and I recently got OINP NOI. Québec is paper based application and not linked with EE. So, can I submit application for nomination for both Province? Thanks
Any response pleaseeeee?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 6:14pm On May 05, 2022
Joshmuch:
Any response pleaseeeee?
No idea, but I don’t think it’s smart applying to two provinces at the same time. There’s likely to be a question asking if you’ve applied to any other provinces. Why don’t you put a pause on Quebec for now and focus on oinp. Do you have a deadline for Quebec?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Oben209(f): 6:14pm On May 05, 2022
Lhezy:

How long did it take to get passport back to nigeria

When did you send yours to cairo, mine arrived at vfs last week Wednesday and i havent heard from them since . Have you gotten any mail from them
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Joshmuch: 6:43pm On May 05, 2022
Allegory:

No idea, but I don’t think it’s smart applying to two provinces at the same time. There’s likely to be a question asking if you’ve applied to any other provinces. Why don’t you put a pause on Quebec for now and focus on oinp. Do you have a deadline for Quebec?
I have payed, they are waiting for supporting docs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:14pm On May 05, 2022
Joshmuch:
Hello friends please I have a quick question. I am about to submit Québec application which I already paid for and no refund given and I recently got OINP NOI. Québec is paper based application and not linked with EE. So, can I submit application for nomination for both Province? Thanks

I always thought that applying to more than one province at a time isn't permitted, but I can't find it written anywhere now. What i saw pertains only to EE where you obviously cannot have more than one nomination. But since the QC is paper based, I really don't know.

I would advise you read the application for both Quebec and OINP and the fine print very very very carefully. It will likely be written somewhere, if you are permitted to apply to them and to another province too. Sometimes they may even ask if you have applied to other provinces. Usually though, the provinces expect that you have a desire and willingness to reside there exclusively, this is the impression I have but I can't prove it. OINP for example ask you to prove your ties to the province.

Make a list of pros and cons of going with 1. Both, 2. Quebec only or 3. OINP only. For example:

BOTH
Pro: eggs in more than one basket
Con: misrepresentation/immigration problems if we are not allowed to apply to more than one province. Also expensive to pay for both OINP and Quebec.

QUEBEC
Pro: cheaper cost of living compared to Ontario
Con: their approval process is rumored to be notoriously slow. In fact their website says 6 months. Also after getting CSQ, you still need to apply to IRCC for PR just like you do after OINP nomination. Almost purely francophone province, is your French good enough for daily oral and written communication in a professional environment like work, not just getting by socially?

OINP
Pro: warmer winters, more jobs. OINP typically approve nominations in 2 to 3 months https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-application-processing-times-and-nominations-issued
Con: expensive province. If you go with OINP, you lose your Quebec payment which you say is non refundable.

If it were me, I would forgo the Quebec money (painful as it is) and go with OINP......but we all have different circumstances and I don't know how much Quebec application cost you.... I saw about CAD840 online.

How come you had to pay before submitting your docs though? Their website seems to suggest otherwise https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/immigration-programs/regular-skilled-worker-program/applying#c88125

All the best bro!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Cimate247: 7:24pm On May 05, 2022
barby008:
Check your profile properly if they requested any document.
Also send mails to all parties involved.
What was the last update you got?

It just as if IRCC Accra forget to process and stamp passport they received by February
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Joshmuch: 8:41pm On May 05, 2022
GraciousWords:

I always thought that applying to more than one province at a time isn't permitted, but I can't find it written anywhere now.

I would advise you read the application for both Quebec and OINP and the fine print very very very carefully. It will likely be written somewhere, if you are permitted to apply to them and to another province too. Sometimes they may even ask if you have applied to other provinces. Usually though, the provinces expect that you have a desire and willingness to reside there exclusively, this is the impression I have but I can't prove it. OINP for example ask you to prove your ties to the province.

Make a list of pros and cons of going with 1. Both, 2. Quebec only or 3. OINP only. For example:

BOTH
Pro: eggs in more than one basket
Con: misrepresentation/immigration problems if we are not allowed to apply to more than one province. Also expensive to pay for OINP and Quebec.

QUEBEC
Pro: cheaper cost of living compared to Ontario
Con: their approval process is rumored to be notoriously slow. In fact their website says 6 months. Also after getting CSQ, you still need to apply to IRCC for PR just like you do after OINP nomination. Almost purely francophone province, is your French good enough for daily oral and written communication in a professional environment like work, not just getting by socially?

OINP
Pro: warmer summers, more jobs. OINP typically approve nominations in 2 to 3 months https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-application-processing-times-and-nominations-issued
Con: expensive province. If you go with OINP, you lose your Quebec payment which you say is non refundable.

If it were me, I would forgo the Quebec money (painful as it is) and go with OINP......but we all have different circumstances and I don't know how much Quebec application cost you.... I saw about CAD840 online.

How come you had to pay before submitting your docs though? Their website seems to suggest otherwise https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/immigration-programs/regular-skilled-worker-program/applying#c88125

All the best bro!

I really appreciate ma, One needs to accept application within 60 days of getting ITA. I waited for OINP to come March so as not to accept but it delayed to April ending and I was not so sure. So a bird at end , I just paid and before submitting supporting doc, OINP NOI came. EOI is free, but for nomination certificate you pay to process. So I was thinking that I will wait to collect their certificate and withdraw it after the Ontario certificate. So what do you advice now? I was thinking the two can be run concurrently and withdraw one application after getting the one you like. What do you think?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:05pm On May 05, 2022
Joshmuch:
I really appreciate ma, One needs to accept application within 60 days of getting ITA. I waited for OINP to come March so as not to accept but it delayed to April ending and I was not so sure. So a bird at end , I just paid and before submitting supporting doc, OINP NOI came. EOI is free, but for nomination certificate you pay to process. So I was thinking that I will wait to collect their certificate and withdraw it after the Ontario certificate. So what do you advice now? I was thinking the two can be run concurrently and withdraw one application after getting the one you like. What do you think?

Sir, if it were me, I would go with OINP only.

The money lost on Quebec is a lot though...if it's too much to let go of, then go for Quebec only or if you feel you are losing out on OINP, then read the application questions and fine print for each to see if applying for both will cause you any issues. I can't confidently tell you to go for both simultaneously.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by skimajugg: 11:03pm On May 05, 2022
Congrats bro

My Landing Gist

I got PPR on 1st of Feb and sent my passport through vfs lagos on 7th.  It took 2 months for my passport to return due to the whole Accra timelime plus my passport photo got misplaced in transit.

I had booked my flight shortly after PPR came because I thought passport will be stamped and returned in 6weeks , I had to reschedule the flight.

I booked a return ticket for 475k and later rescheduled for a fee of 44k

For those wondering why a return ticket I needed it to apply for PTA, upon return of my passport from Accra I applied for PTA and 3days to my flight 4k dollars was approved and disbursed to me at 419 per dollar. I will open my return flight and use it whenever I'm ready to visit Nigeria

I booked my flight with Ethiopia Airlines,  arrived airport by 10am on 22nd April, Nobody searched my luggage which was surprising. The immigration guys just wished me well. I went to the check in counter and did all the necessary things .

Flight was for 1:20pm but we left some minutes to 2pm. Flight to Addis Ababa was smooth, less than 2hrs layover then we proceeded to Dublin where we landed just to refuel and then final lap to Canada YYZ.

I didn't spend up to 1hr at YYZ from the point of disembarking to exit home.  Everything was straightforward and smooth, no queue at immigration,  got my luggage in time and my friend came to pick me . The ride home was less than 20mins and that was it.

Monday I went to service Canada for my SIN, opened my bank account and got my mobile number.

I'm grateful to God for the entire PR process which I started in Dec 2019 and for this new phase I have entered in Canada, grateful for the information and guidance on this platform. Special thanks to a member of this forum that assisted me when I needed to pay for my RPRF with a credit card.

I wish everyone still in this PR process all the best. May it end in Landing stories for us all.

Cheers.

[/quote]

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by prex29: 11:25pm On May 05, 2022
Hello All,
If one of my dependant in my application has a US passport do I need to send the original passport when sending off to vfs?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by RealVictor: 11:32pm On May 05, 2022
Joshmuch:

Please when did you receive the NOI
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 11:53pm On May 05, 2022
Mekailo:

Please I have been reading post of people sending their Passport to Accra vfs, though I did my biometric Capturing in Lagos and other processes does it mean I could have also sent it to VFS Accra, because since I got PPR and sent it to Lagos VFS, it's been over 2months of waiting for final decision letter now, is the wait right
I really can’t say because what you applied for is temporary permit. Maybe you should try tracking via dhl or use the tracking no sent by vfs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by upkay: 9:20am On May 06, 2022
Hello, the e-family.

Please I have a question to ask:

As regard the POF, is it possible that the money comes from husband's (foreign) account when the wife is the principal applicant (PA)? If this doesn't contradict with what I attached in this message.
If it's possible, can it be as a 'gift deed' or letter of explanation (LOE) suffices to back it up at the time of the submittion of application documents?

Thank you for your inputs.

Thank you, I await your response(s).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dolly12345: 9:23am On May 06, 2022
Good morning,
Please can anyone guide me on how to apply for provincial nominee program in Canada and the steps required, and how much required
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kbrule: 9:27am On May 06, 2022
Guys, I'm in a serious deliemma and I need urgent help.
I studied Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development in my undergraduate level.
Now I would like to go for a Masters in Data Analytics or Business Analytics. In Canada. But the problem is that I don't meet the entry requirements for most schools in Canada.
Some schools in the USA offer foundational courses for people who are coming from other fields but I'm yet to see such for a Canadian school.
I'm also processing my express entry so my thinking is that if I should get EE, it will not only reduce my tuition, it will also make my life easier.

Now, my question is, considering my limitations, should I apply for a diploma in Data Analytics with co-op? And then do a apply for a Masters when I'm there.
Is this even possible?
Is it a waste of money??
Please I need advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by upkay: 11:03am On May 06, 2022
My question is; while filling the online registration, is it only on the principal applicant (PA) they ask if there has been a visa ban or on either of the couple? And what's the implication on ones application if anyone of them has been previously banned for visa?

Thank you.

Prettiepearlz:

If you don’t raise a web form quickly, the next letter you may receive will be a misrepresentation letter alongside a 5 years ban. I can’t believe you didn’t deem it necessary to state that you were refused visa in any country when it’s stated in the forms to declare your visa refusals. I am really hoping and praying that they are yet to finalize the decision on your applications. 5 years ban is no joke! All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by upkay: 11:04am On May 06, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

If you don’t raise a web form quickly, the next letter you may receive will be a misrepresentation letter alongside a 5 years ban. I can’t believe you didn’t deem it necessary to state that you were refused visa in any country when it’s stated in the forms to declare your visa refusals. I am really hoping and praying that they are yet to finalize the decision on your applications. 5 years ban is no joke! All the best.

My question is; while filling the online registration, is it only on the principal applicant (PA) they ask if there has been a visa ban or on either of the couple? And what's the implication on ones application if anyone of them has been previously banned for visa?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by upkay: 11:15am On May 06, 2022
ednut1:

no sample. just write it as it .

CIC address

I mr buhari hereby confirm my wife mrs aisha with ( EE number) has unequivocal/ unrestricted access to the 50,000 CAD in my oceanic bank account 46264723 as proof of funds/ settlement funds for Canada express entry.

Sign
Name

Is it matter to write this letter in ink (i.e pen) or printed format?

Also, if one has two concerns (e.g POF and change of name) to write LOE on, can they be written together on a single letter page or you write the two concerns separate?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by willyblinx(m): 11:32am On May 06, 2022
upkay:

Thank you.

Sorry, wrong quote.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 11:36am On May 06, 2022
upkay:

Thank you.
if any family member has visa ban. It affects the whole family and they will be refused
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 11:37am On May 06, 2022
upkay:

Also, if one has two concerns (e.g POF and change of name) to write LOE on, can they be written together on a single letter page or you write the two concerns separate?

Thank you.
its clearer to use printed format. All you names from birth are already listed in the application already. So maiden name being on pof is not an issue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by miolad20(m): 11:42am On May 06, 2022
You can write the letter in ink and sign. No big deal. That's exactly what my spouse did.

Yes, you can write a single LOE to explain all the seemingly unclear issues in your application - type this, and keep it simple.

upkay:

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 11:43am On May 06, 2022
55 Days till July!

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Joshmuch: 11:51am On May 06, 2022
My good people, please o, if someone could not obtain a reference letter from his place of work and colleagues don't have ID or any for of Identification.How does one go about it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Joshmuch: 11:52am On May 06, 2022
GraciousWords:

Sir, if it were me, I would go with OINP only.

The money lost on Quebec is a lot though...if it's too much to let go of, then go for Quebec only or if you feel you are losing out on OINP, then read the application questions and fine print for each to see if applying for both will cause you any issues. I can't confidently tell you to go for both simultaneously.
thanks ma
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:18pm On May 06, 2022
upkay:

Thank you.
If there has been a visa ban on the part of either the principal or secondary applicants, it has to be indicated on the post ITA form and you may include a letter of explanation detailing the situation that led to the ban and how you have taken it as a learning curve blah blah blah. However please note that if the visa ban is from Canada, it would affect every member of the family and PR process will be refused.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Sosotek: 1:07pm On May 06, 2022
Hi people,
Please can anyone add me to an Ottawa (Primary VO) or Nova Scotia (Secondary VO) group. I'd really appreciate.
Also, after so many 'years' I was finally able to reach IRCC and the person I spoke to said they can't see the webforms I've been raising that the case officer is yet to process it..... anyone had this experience before please. What do I do?
I've been trying to add my spouse since February and no response whatsoever.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 1:41pm On May 06, 2022
this one serious o...does the colleague/supervisor have an official email address? that can be included in the notarised letter
Joshmuch:
My good people, please o, if someone could not obtain a reference letter from his place of work and colleagues don't have ID or any for of Identification.How does one go about it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tess6(f): 1:42pm On May 06, 2022
PanicButton:

Montreal don shake body small. Finally received BIL for my spouse. Even after notifying IRCC and uploading my medical slip, I also received a medical request, whereas I had done an upfront medical about 3 months ago. What do you guys advice? Should I keep notifying them of my upfront medical or I should go ahead and do another medicals?.

Congratulations on ur wife receiving her BIL, I am also waiting for my BIL since March 17th that I passed my medicals….. please did you send webforms to ircc to disturb them or they just sent the email on their own.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 2:28pm On May 06, 2022
Joshmuch:

VO probably needs to be sure the person signing works in Company X and is capable of writing a reference letter for the applicant. Does the colleague have a complimentary card? The ideal is the company HR using letterheaded paper or applicant's supervisor (who should typically have ID and/or complimentary card).

The person should please read FAQ 36 for some clues and search NL using key words.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PanicButton: 2:37pm On May 06, 2022
Tess6:

Congratulations on ur wife receiving her BIL, I am also waiting for my BIL since March 17th that I passed my medicals….. please did you send webforms to ircc to disturb them or they just sent the email on their own.

Please disturb them. Send multiple webforms and emails. Call them too if you can connect. I did the same and I was lucky to have been issued BIL and medical at once.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (637) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: mhizsimi(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.