Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,338 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (523) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1051754 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2023
Konyinsolah:
Good day everyone.

I need clarification please 🙏🏻

I have an MSc in HR, my husband is a fashion designer with SSCE. I already did my Wes and I’m preparing for ielts already. Do I need to state that my husband has 2 fashion certificates? Does he need to do ielts too?
I’m just a bit confused and I need to know what to do before we start the application proper.

Start from here and study all the posts and links on that page: https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#107239666

FAQ 9 answers your question
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dracoe(m): 6:11pm On Aug 18, 2023
ednut1:
by getting an additional degree/recognized certification by wes plus 3 years experience. Read page 1 too
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Damolux01(m): 9:47pm On Aug 18, 2023
Good day bosses, I have a BSc and PGDE here in Nigeria. I'm single and owns three businesses here. What are my chances? How do I apply to Canada via the Express entry please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Cherie04: 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2023
Damolux01:
Good day bosses, I have a BSc and PGDE here in Nigeria. I'm single and owns three businesses here. What are my chances? How do I apply to Canada via the Express entry please?
Read Page 1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Cherie04: 10:20pm On Aug 18, 2023
Sheney:

I was informed through my mail and it's on my application.
Can a deed of gift work to show proof of fund because people have been saying, I should have put the money before I start the application.
Okay I'm guessing you're not based in Nigeria.
Per your POF, I was told Sask does not accept Gift deed. If you can gather the POF in an already active account for the next one month, my friend said you can use an LOE to explain the inflows and outflows, that may help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 19, 2023
Preshlomoye:

Thank you very much.
you sent a dm. Sup?🫤
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 4:10am On Aug 19, 2023
Cherie04:

Okay I'm guessing you're not based in Nigeria.
Per your POF, I was told Sask does not accept Gift deed. If you can gather the POF in an already active account for the next one month, my friend said you can use an LOE to explain the inflows and outflows, that may help.
No need to waste time and money. If one didn't have the POF in the past 90 days I think, it won't be approved. No nomination!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Vietnaminfo(m): 5:58am On Aug 19, 2023
I'm inquiring on behalf of a family friend, who has completed her initial degree in Biochemistry, followed by a second degree in Pharmacy, and is currently concluding her Masters. Now at the age of 42, she is married and has 6 children. She's contemplating applying for the Express Entry program and is seeking clarity regarding her eligibility prospects. If anyone could provide a straightforward response regarding her chances and suggest any suitable programs, she's open to embracing them. She's also considering registering for the IELTS. Is this a worthwhile step?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 7:40am On Aug 19, 2023
Vietnaminfo:
I'm inquiring on behalf of a family friend, who has completed her initial degree in Biochemistry, followed by a second degree in Pharmacy, and is currently concluding her Masters. Now at the age of 42, she is married and has 6 children. She's contemplating applying for the Express Entry program and is seeking clarity regarding her eligibility prospects. If anyone could provide a straightforward response regarding her chances and suggest any suitable programs, she's open to embracing them. She's also considering registering for the IELTS. Is this a worthwhile step?
IELTS plus French as age has eaten deep into her prospects
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Qwertyuser: 9:00am On Aug 19, 2023
Please what’s the current black market rate for cad to Naira
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by hafdol(m): 9:30am On Aug 19, 2023
wandyj007:
Have you gotten someone?

I got someone but it's dragging really slow, it's been more than 6 weeks now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by deharbay: 9:38am On Aug 19, 2023
I currently have a spousal sponsorship PR application in the pool. I’d like to know if I can also go through express entry pool, as my application has taken over a year with no significant progress. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 9:44am On Aug 19, 2023
tshtsh:

With IRCC it may be worth focusing on the transition to Canada and worrying less about IRCC. They will issue your COPR when they are ready. When I received my passport and COPR I was very happy that the expiry date was 11 months away (re-medical was done shortly before PPR). Gave me enough time to prepare, interview for jobs remotely and accept a good offer. The transition phase is very important though most people I know simply sold what they had and moved after receiving COPR. I don't believe in that though a story for another day.

I'll take this advice.

Please let that day for the story come fast. It'd be nice to learn from your experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 11:14am On Aug 19, 2023
braine:

I'll take this advice.

Please let that day for the story come fast. It'd be nice to learn from your experience.
I am hoping it comes soon for you too bro, with the pressure of school visa applications for September reduced, it is almost certain that IRCC will push more resources to other applications
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2023
braine:

I'll take this advice.

Lol I’ll start by reminding that Canada is an expensive country due to the high standard of living and a system in place to push/pull as many people as possible towards the middle income bracket. However it’s worse for naira earners due to exchange rate issue. There are somethings we take for granted in Nigeria which is quite a big deal in canada for instance home ownership. Please if you own a house or land do not sell it . Work towards earning the money you intend to spend in Canada in Canada. It’s very possible as I did it and most of my friends also did. You can do it by getting a job before landing or if you’re a family person land first and your family joins you after you get settled as this way you get to spend less of your naira savings. It is also easier for a friend to house you than to house you + your family .

I also believe that moving to Canada for a high skilled work should be more of continuity and not necessarily restarting life. Many will tell you about starting with survival jobs and all but please aim for the high skilled jobs right away. It may not be easy but the more you try the higher the outcome. Try to spend more time around people who moved to Canada via express entry like you’re doing and less time with people who came via aduro. The mindset is different as they may be advising you on how to work around the system to get this benefit or that benefit. Kings don’t live on benefits.
Lastly my boss once told me Canada is designed for two people (household). Make proper plans and you’ll be alright . God bless.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2023
tshtsh:

Lol I’ll start by reminding that Canada is an expensive country due to the high standard of living and a system in place to push/pull as many people as possible towards the middle income bracket. However it’s worse for naira earners due to exchange rate issue. There are somethings we take for granted in Nigeria which is quite a big deal in canada for instance home ownership. Please if you own a house or land do not sell it . Work towards earning the money you intend to spend in Canada in Canada. It’s very possible as I did it and most of my friends also did. You can do it by getting a job before landing or if you’re a family person land first and your family joins you after you get settled as this way you get to spend less of your naira savings. It is also easier for a friend to house you than to house you + your family .

I also believe that moving to Canada for a high skilled work should be more of continuity and not necessarily restarting life. Many will tell you about starting with survival jobs and all but please aim for the high skilled jobs right away. It may not be easy but the more you try the higher the outcome. Try to spend more time around people who moved to Canada via express entry like you’re doing and less time with people who came via aduro. The mindset is different as they may be advising you on how to work around the system to get this benefit or that benefit. Kings don’t live on benefits.
Lastly my boss once told me Canada is designed for two people (household). Make proper plans and you’ll be alright . God bless.

This is quite insightful.

I have taken my mind off all IRCC shenanigans and have started looking at the jobs in my field and some of the other things you highlighted.

So when you say the system is designed for two people household, you mean its easier with a spouse? I've always thought being a single guy would be an advantage, as per german german level cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2023
Profgordons:
I am hoping it comes soon for you too bro, with the pressure of school visa applications for September reduced, it is almost certain that IRCC will push more resources to other applications

Hopefully. However, I think some visa offices are just generally slow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TwinHeart: 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2023
tshtsh:

Thank you for this insight.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2023
tshtsh:

You could not have said it better, the way you come in determines a lot. The household thing will teach many people new stuff. I think the average home in Nigeria looks up to the man as the sole provider but that will change quickly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Odegaard: 2:59pm On Aug 19, 2023
Hello everyone.

What’s the recent timeline for those that submitted passports at VFS Lagos?

Also does anyone have any experience with the pre-arrival services on the IRCC website?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mjhay: 3:14pm On Aug 19, 2023
Please how can one fill and complete the Oinp attestation form
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mjhay: 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2023
Please how can one fill and complete the Oinp attestation form
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by hugohrts: 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2023
Hello everyone

i have a case that i have not been able to get help for which is why im here. i submitted my EE application 15th july with a score of 496. but days after the last draw i am yet to get an ITA. the cuttoff is 496 and the tiebreaker is 1st august so i passed that too. what do i do.

i have waited and checked my email and online application page. there has been no letter or update on my profile since the one they sent after i submitted the form.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tonyamori(f): 6:47pm On Aug 19, 2023
hugohrts:
Hello everyone

i have a case that i have not been able to get help for which is why im here. i submitted my EE application 15th july with a score of 496. but days after the last draw i am yet to get an ITA. the cuttoff is 496 and the tiebreaker is 1st august so i passed that too. what do i do.

i have waited and checked my email and online application page. there has been no letter or update on my profile since the one they sent after i submitted the form.

Go back to your profile and make sure everything is on submitted ...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2023
braine:

This is quite insightful.

I have taken my mind off all IRCC shenanigans and have started looking at the jobs in my field and some of the other things you highlighted.

So when you say the system is designed for two people household, you mean it’s easier with a spouse? I've always thought being a single guy would be an advantage, as per german german level cheesy
It’s easier as a single person but when you start thinking about making investments two people (husband + wife) can achieve a lot more than one single person provided both are productive.
Another angle is that when I moved to Nigeria in 2015 colleagues senior to me in age and job grade use to come borrow money from me and link it to their wife needing this and that. It was more like they carried a lot of responsibilities which is not bad especially if you can afford. But in Canada men who do that tend to achieve a lot less than men with supportive partners which breeds resentment over time. Just as electricity works , traffic light works same way you’re meant to work efficiently and honour all financial obligations (rent, utility payment…) on time
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olivia269: 8:32pm On Aug 19, 2023
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Arrowhead12: 11:07pm On Aug 19, 2023
GraciousWords:

Maybe get your former oga to write your letter....include his old ID and call card. If you were paid by NYSC for the 12 months, I think you should still be ok even if the PPA stopped after 3 months......hope I'm not mistaken. My thinking is that NYSC is the koko..... the PPA may or may not pay...... for example if you were teaching in a public school for example, that school would likely not pay you any jara salary. You could include your bank statement of these monthly NYSC salary payments with the ref letter or leave it out and only provide if you get an ADR.

Option 2 is to wait until your current job covers for the 9 months deficit on the NYSC.

Also read page 1 FAQ 36 and the checklist on page 1 post 5 for what IRCC wants in your ref letter.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Arrowhead12: 11:11pm On Aug 19, 2023
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SweetJJ: 3:30am On Aug 20, 2023
studycenter:
I can help with comprehensive study material for CELPIP, IELTS, CIMA, ACCA, BCS, CIA, GMAT, MCAT, TEF, TCF, TOFEL... comprehensively all you need to pass these exams. Send me msg below if you're in need.
@Profgodons and others can confirm this

Please send to me too 🙏🙏🙏sweetjj4real@gmail.com

I need study materials for celpip, ietls and TCF
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by hugohrts: 4:26am On Aug 20, 2023
i have and everything is on transmitted. i wanted to know if there are others with a similar issue. and what i can do about it
Tonyamori:

Go back to your profile and make sure everything is on submitted ...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emma549: 9:48am On Aug 20, 2023
Good Morning house,
Please I will like your kind advice on my case to getting PR in Canada fast.
I am on SOWP in BC for 2 years and I am also presently in the EE pool with CRS score of 366.
I have only Bachelor degree.
I am 31 years
I have 10 years experience working as Electrical Engineer,electrician and Heavy duty equipment engineer.

What can I do to become PR inside Canada before this 2 years.

Am I allowed to take short time courses inside Canada if yes, What courses can I take that will increase my education points

Please I need all the information I can get.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2023
hugohrts:
Hello everyone

This rarely happens. ITA issuance is pretty much automatic if you are the pool. Make sure your profile is alright or get someone more experienced to check it for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (632) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: Mizzhelen and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.