Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1051393 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Theyolu: 1:50pm On Jan 24, 2022
It's room 64
Dimple10:
Go to Alaggbon, room 54 inspector abi ASP moshood

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lorenza: 2:07pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hi beautiful people. Sharing this so we are all informed and don’t fall prey to these relentless scammers ❤️+�

How to spot a fake Canadian job offer.
https://www.cicnews.com/2022/01/how-to-spot-a-fake-canadian-job-offer-0121132.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kelechi009: 3:30pm On Jan 24, 2022
Amanee:

You still don't get the point, nothing stops you from pursuing PR countries from wherever you are and the process is easier plus you get to enjoy the perks that comes with living in a first world country. The UK cannot chase people out if their stay is legal. From my own experience, I started thinking about moving to Canada in 2019 and was about to evaluate my degree before Covid struck. Everything Canada was put on stand still but I got to know about studying in Poland. Long story short, I will be completing my tuition free masters studies in June and I was given a lifetime contract by my company which made me process a 3 year residence permit instead of the usual 1 year. I'm still interested in getting a Canadian PR so I've not given up on Canada but in case the doors close, I have a working plan B. Moving to other countries in the meantime doesn't detract from your Canadian dreams

But then are you not wasting money?

Do you know how much money is going to be wasted alone in moving to the UK, a country where nothing is guaranteed.

Unless you are a Nurse, stay in Nigeria and save your money.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Davidokuul: 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2022
Good afternoon. Please how can i contact you? I would like to get some info about Poland. Thank you
Amanee:

You still don't get the point, nothing stops you from pursuing PR countries from wherever you are and the process is easier plus you get to enjoy the perks that comes with living in a first world country. The UK cannot chase people out if their stay is legal. From my own experience, I started thinking about moving to Canada in 2019 and was about to evaluate my degree before Covid struck. Everything Canada was put on stand still but I got to know about studying in Poland. Long story short, I will be completing my tuition free masters studies in June and I was given a lifetime contract by my company which made me process a 3 year residence permit instead of the usual 1 year. I'm still interested in getting a Canadian PR so I've not given up on Canada but in case the doors close, I have a working plan B. Moving to other countries in the meantime doesn't detract from your Canadian dreams
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Amanee(f): 4:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
Kelechi009:

But then are you not wasting money?

Do you know how much money is going to be wasted alone in moving to the UK, a country where nothing is guaranteed.

Unless you are a Nurse, stay in Nigeria and save your money.

Will you go to the UK and fold your hands like you've arrived? I'm earning way above what I was earning in Nigeria where I'm currently at and the best thing, it's not in naira

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Amanee(f): 4:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
Davidokuul:
Good afternoon. Please how can i contact you? I would like to get some info about Poland. Thank you

Kindly go through the Polish visa guide thread on nairaland, thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kelechi009: 4:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
Amanee:

Will you go to the UK and fold your hands like you've arrived? I'm earning way above what I was earning in Nigeria where I'm currently at and the best thing, it's not in naira

Okay, my question is just the comparison of the investment vs the rewards in moving to the UK. From what I see, it's either you get a job direct like Nurses or you go by school. And school is like 11k to 15k pounds just for tuition only. Except you are on scholarship. That money is too much to spend compared to Express entry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Amanee(f): 4:44pm On Jan 24, 2022
Kelechi009:

Okay, my question is just the comparison of the investment vs the rewards in moving to the UK. From what I see, it's either you get a job direct like Nurses or you go by school. And school is like 11k to 15k pounds just for tuition only. Except you are on scholarship. That money is too much to spend compared to Express entry.

Let's not derail the thread, you can read up the process of other countries on their respective threads.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Twocanplay23: 5:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hello guys

Please I have an urgent situation, I and my husband just got PPR, he's the primary applicant, however I'm pregnant, to give birth in about a month.

Don't really know about this process, what can we do?

Can we still travel before I give birth, or should we wait till after.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 5:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
Twocanplay23:
Hello guys

Please I have an urgent situation, I and my husband just got PPR, he's the primary applicant, however I'm pregnant, to give birth in about a month.

It’s better to travel before you give birth o. If you give birth before traveling, your application will go back into processing and that might take monthsssssssssssss. If you choose to give birth in Canada, please make sure you land in a province where you get health coverage from day1 so you don’t incur unnecessary/avoidable delivery costs. You said you have one month left, you might not be medically fit to fly anymore but do your research though. Safe delivery.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Datevilme: 5:39pm On Jan 24, 2022
Please has anyone submitted passport for stamping recently? How long did it take?
And which VFS is the fastest these days?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kelechi009: 6:54pm On Jan 24, 2022
Amanee:

Let's not derail the thread, you can read up the process of other countries on their respective threads.

Okay, but you are still missing my initial point. Anyways bye.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by valves: 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2022
Twocanplay23:
Hello guys

IMO you can do either of the following:

1. Hurry and get your passport stamped (you can use Accra or Cairo VO where your passport can be stamped and returned within 2weeks) so that you can travel and deliver in Canada.

As someone adviced, ensure you land in a province where you get health coverage from day-1 so you don’t incur high delivery costs.

2. Inform IRCC about your condition if you think you will not be able to travel before you give birth.

They will revoke your PPR and ask you to submit updated family info, POF etc. But it might take some time before you get another PPR given the situation of things at the moment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2022
confirm from your gynae about flying (depending on how far your pregnancy is and your journey so far he/she will be able to tell) but ideally for international travel, 36 weeks is the limit for flying if you’re carrying one and 28 weeks if you’re carrying multiples. Some even do 35 weeks. When you know this then you can know what to do

Twocanplay23:
Hello guys

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Davidokuul: 7:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
Thank you.
Amanee:

Kindly go through the Polish visa guide thread on nairaland, thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by onyexx: 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2022
DooLiz:
Please post PPR, can one send their documents to Accra VO from Nigeria? Is it faster than sending to Lagos ?
How can one make payment? Will they accept transfer from a dollar account? Since I don't know anyone in Ghana to make payment for me at the bank there.
How do I write my eyes and height color? On a plain sheet of paper hand written or typed? Or is there a form I can fill with those details?

There is a height/color chart you are to use…see attached

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Amanee(f): 8:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
Kelechi009:

Okay, but you are still missing my initial point. Anyways bye.

Your initial point does not hold water that's why I said you should go and read up. The schools in UK accept payment in instalments and you're allowed to work as a student.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studyhub: 9:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
portablesuzy:
good morning house please i need materials for my ielts exam preparation. have been using ieltsmaterials but its not enough. where else can i get ielts real test questions for practise. thanks
We can help provide you with comprehensive IELTS study material with the content below:
• Jay E2
• Liz premium lectures (video)
• Cambridge books 1- 17
• IELTS task2 band 9&8,
• Guild to punctuation,
• Ace the IELTS by Simone •Braverman,
• Advance IELTS writing by •Melbourne,
• 15days practice for IELTS,
• Check your vocabulary for •IELTS Rawdon Wyatt,
• Essays from examination,
• Ideas for IELTS Topics by •Adam smith,
• IELTS daily planner... reach usO81o 6337 690

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ikez(m): 9:12pm On Jan 24, 2022
Dear All,

Compliments of the season!!!

Please I need your support/guidance on applying for Canadian Work Permit via Ghanian VFS.

I have an offer letter from a Canadian company but faced with a challenge of having to wait for 61 weeks to allow for the processing of TWP in Nigeria.

The company is not willing to wait for that long and I thought of applying through Ghana but don't know if there are some residency requirements I must meet.

I tried creating a TWP account online to start the application process but I don't know what to do to ensure the TWP is being processed via VFS-Ghana.

Please I need our help and guidance on this.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Twocanplay23: 11:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
toyeebahlim:
confirm from your gynae about flying (depending on how far your pregnancy is and your journey so far he/she will be able to tell) but ideally for international travel, 36 weeks is the limit for flying if you’re carrying one and 28 weeks if you’re carrying multiples. Some even do 35 weeks. When you know this then you can know what to do

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Twocanplay23: 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2022
valves:

IMO you can do either of the following:

1. Hurry and get your passport stamped (you can use Accra or Cairo VO where your passport can be stamped and returned within 2weeks) so that you can travel and deliver in Canada.

As someone adviced, ensure you land in a province where you get health coverage from day-1 so you don’t incur high delivery costs.

2. Inform IRCC about your condition if you think you will not be able to travel before you give birth.

They will revoke your PPR and ask you to submit updated family info, POF etc. But it might take some time before you get another PPR given the situation of things at the moment.

Thank you, please which provinces offer health coverage from day 1?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Twocanplay23: 11:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
littyprincess:

It’s better to travel before you give birth o. If you give birth before traveling, your application will go back into processing and that might take monthsssssssssssss. If you choose to give birth in Canada, please make sure you land in a province where you get health coverage from day1 so you don’t incur unnecessary/avoidable delivery costs. You said you have one month left, you might not be medically fit to fly anymore but do your research though. Safe delivery.

Thanks, which provinces do you know that have medical cover?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by KlausMike(m): 2:52am On Jan 25, 2022
Twocanplay23:

Thank you, please which provinces offer health coverage from day 1?

Ontario

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by yourwpgpaddy: 4:50am On Jan 25, 2022
Twocanplay23:

Manitoba, although, getting the actual health card can take 2-4 weeks, depending on how fast your application is processed.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by agates: 7:19am On Jan 25, 2022
Twocanplay23:

Alberta . Ontario you get after 3 months. I was in the same shoes as you and I went to Calgary. All the best

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by oyemaiya(m): 7:34am On Jan 25, 2022
Spoke with some immigration consultants here in Canada, their submission about the recent memo made sense.

Canada wants to send people to the colder regions/provinces. So I guess that explains why even CEC will be placed on hold.

So if you intend to make any move to Canada, I think it makes sense to come through those regions. You will be mandated to stay 2 years there and after you will be free to move to other Provinces.

I pray for you that God will favour you and grant you speed in Jesus name.

For the lady who is pregnant, hmmm, you know IRCC requires that you notify them of any change in situations and I think they specifically mentioned pregnancy. Please do the needful, if you travel and the Border Officer notices your pregnancy hmmm may God help you.

Also for those landing especially now, please don’t go out during your quarantine period, we had a case of someone who had endured 10 days out of 14, on the day they chose to go buy something from the store (10th day) was the day immigration visited. Their PR was revoked and they were deported to naija. That won’t be your case in Jesus name. So even if it is 2 days quarantine please stay indoor.

One of our folks sent passport to Lagos VO on 31 Dec , it was ready for collection on 20th Jan.

Remember, while we all doing all we can to qualify and migrate to Canada. There is a country we must never miss. So do all you can to make Heaven, you can miss Canada since there are alternatives but please don’t miss heaven, the only alternative is hell. Take care

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 8:02am On Jan 25, 2022
oyemaiya:
Spoke with some immigration consultants here in Canada, their submission about the recent memo made sense.

Canada wants to send people to the colder regions/provinces. So I guess that explains why even CEC will be placed on hold.

So if you intend to make any move to Canada, I think it makes sense to come through those regions. You will be mandated to stay 2 years there and after you will be free to move to other Provinces.

For the lady who is pregnant, hmmm, you know IRCC requires that you notify them of any change in situations and I think they specifically mentioned pregnancy. Please do the needful, if you travel and the Border Officer notices your pregnancy hmmm may God help you.

Also for those landing especially now, please don’t go out during your quarantine period, we had a case of someone who had endured 10 days out of 14, on the day they chose to go buy something from the store (10th day) was the day immigration visited. Their PR was revoked and they were deported to naija. That won’t be your case in Jesus name. So even if it is 2 days quarantine please stay indoor.

One of our folks sent passport to Lagos VO on 31 Dec , it was ready for collection on 20th Jan.

Remember, while we all doing all we can to qualify and migrate to Canada. There is a country we must never miss. So do all you can to make Heaven, you can miss Canada since there are alternatives but please don’t miss heaven, the only alternative is hell. Take care
The quarantine story is fake, we heard no one was deported.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Datevilme: 9:15am On Jan 25, 2022
oyemaiya:

I thought change in situation means birth of a baby, not pregnancy??

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ideraa: 9:45am On Jan 25, 2022
Double Congratulations to your PPR and Pregnancy!

In my opinion, raise a webform, attach your last scan result and your due date.
Please relax and have your baby here, i dont want to imagine the stress of having a baby in a new land without social support, it will be tough dear.

When you give birth, inform IRCC again and they will add baby to your application and reissue your PPR, By then, Baby will have matured small and you too would have healed.

With all the love in my heart, please dont attempt to travel now!

Twocanplay23:
Hello guys

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kagame: 11:50am On Jan 25, 2022
Ideraa:
Double Congratulations to your PPR and Pregnancy!

In my opinion, raise a webform, attach your last scan result and your due date.
Please relax and have your baby here, i dont want to imagine the stress of having a baby in a new land without social support, it will be tough dear.

When you give birth, inform IRCC again and they will add baby to your application and reissue your PPR, By then, Baby will have matured small and you too would have healed.

With all the love in my heart, please dont attempt to travel now!

This is the most sensible suggestion. Assuming her due date is in a month time

• There’s no guarantees she would get her stamped passport in a month. Even if she decides to use Accra direct or Cairo, she might experience an exceptional delay.

• A lot of airlines will not allow you to fly in your last trimester, especially with a very close due date. More so , air travel is now an extreme sport with all the COVID tests and country specific requirements like quarantine etcetera.

From recent trends, as long as her application is finalized, adding an extra dependent will not overly delay the application compared to those whose application are still in processing.

Better to have her child here with peace of mind. IRCC will always reissue PPR for sure.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by onyexx: 12:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
agates:

Alberta . Ontario you get after 3 months. I was in the same shoes as you and I went to Calgary. All the best

The 3months wait period for Ontario no longer holds

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by onyexx: 12:06pm On Jan 25, 2022
Kagame:

This is the most sensible suggestion. Assuming her due date is in a month time

• There’s no guarantees she would get her stamped passport in a month. Even if she decides to use Accra direct or Cairo, she might experience an exceptional delay.

• A lot of airlines will not allow you to fly in your last trimester, especially with a very close due date. More so , air travel is now an extreme sport with all the COVID tests and country specific requirements like quarantine etcetera.

From recent trends, as long as her application is finalized, adding an extra dependent will not overly delay the application compared to those whose application are still in processing.

Better to have her child here with peace of mind. IRCC will always reissue PPR for sure.

Seconded!

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (632) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: jasperonyx and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.