Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,460 members, 7,843,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1079970 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 12:37pm On May 14
DTOBS:
I think a Job offer is required for this category.

I'm not talking of the Agri-pilot...
The category based draws... It's part of the express entry system. No jobs needed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DTOBS(m): 2:23pm On May 14
Oh Okay... I think it is the same thing
aurorae1:

I'm not talking of the Agri-pilot...
The category based draws... It's part of the express entry system. No jobs needed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by luckygirl02(f): 2:45pm On May 14
Tomyusf141:

How do I go about it pls. I did some googling and checked YouTube everyone is advertising their “agent travel company “

Read page one of this thread on how to create express entry profile and the requirements. Since you have two years healthcare experience, your primary NOC code should be 33102.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by freshStarz: 3:45pm On May 14
DTOBS:
Use the job portal on the canada.ca website.
You can also check each provinces for some specifics job for that province.
When applying from Nigeria, your attention should be on jobs that is open to those outside Canada

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by trilacos: 3:53pm On May 14
Singingbae:

Heyyyy, I’m about to write IELTS by May 25, waiting for my school(Unilorin) to send my certificate to WES. Hoping to enter the pool by June. You can send a pm, so we exchange a number over there? I’ve sent the pm already
may I ask how much is the total money spent for WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MisteriousMoe: 5:48pm On May 14
Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing great. Please I have a question and I would appreciate it if someone could guide me appropriately. I am a graduate of a Master's degree program in Canada and I got a job offer. When I created my EE profile, I didn't get points for my job offer. I am currently on my post graduate work permit and my score is 457. I don't know if I am doing something wrong, please. I would appreciate any form of assistance for clarification.
IELTS score: L-8, S-8.5, R-8.0, W-7
I have a sibling who is a PR
Job offer in Engineering: Process Engineer (Metallurgy)

I am planning to rewrite my IELTS exam to improve my writing. Also, my Post graduate work permit expires in March 2025 and I just started my new job in March this year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Singingbae(m): 5:57pm On May 14
trilacos:
may I ask how much is the total money spent for WES?

It’s 260CAD, while I spent 52k for my school just to send my transcript. I used a third party for school tho, I don’t know if it would be lesser if I had contacted the school themselves
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aworhmabel: 8:37pm On May 14
Hi Guys,

Please is anyone here currently residing in Alberta Calgary or Edmonton?

Please, I am curious to know how to go about obtaining a fully funded government grant for studies for someone who is a newcomer in Canada (i.e under PR)
Is there a body one can contact?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MayorOfEdmonton: 10:27pm On May 14
MisteriousMoe:
Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing great. Please I have a question and I would appreciate it if someone could guide me appropriately. I am a graduate of a Master's degree program in Canada and I got a job offer. When I created my EE profile, I didn't get points for my job offer. I am currently on my post graduate work permit and my score is 457. I don't know if I am doing something wrong, please. I would appreciate any form of assistance for clarification.

I am planning to rewrite my IELTS exam to improve my writing. Also, my Post graduate work permit expires in March 2025 and I just started my new job in March this year.

Hi,

Do you have work experience back in Nigeria in one of the FSW NOC before travelling to Canada for your MSc?
A quick CRS simulation shows your CRS should be way higher even with your current IELTS score if you have foreign(Nigeria work experience) in addition to your job offer & Canadian education. Could you be unwittingly leaving a detail out perhaps?

I’d suggest you run the numbers again before writing another IELTS.

Here’s a link to job offers that qualify for EE-https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by demolagilbert: 4:25am On May 15
I created a petition that seeks to end the rip-off IELTS keeps perpetrating with the 2-year validity of their test result, particularly for high scorers who scored btw Band 8-9. Surely, someone who got a band 9 shouldn't, wouldn't, couldn't have lost the skill that earned him a band 9 after 2years.

Pls join the petition and let's make this change happen. Share across all platforms, millions stand to benefit

Lifetime validity of test results!

https://www.change.org/LifetimeValidity4IELTSresults

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by folla: 4:50am On May 15
Depending on your province of residence, you may research on the PNP route. This would boost your CRS with additional 600 marks.

Cheers.

MisteriousMoe:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DTOBS(m): 7:53am On May 15
Hello guys,

Please I just noticed something now that IELTS give more point than CELPIP. I didn’t believe this at first but I actually did a rough CRS check and it was through. I picked the highest score for each exam and the CRS score differ while every other parameters was constant.

Please who can also confirm this as I am about to finally decide on which to write. Thanks.

Please see the images below… the 418 is CELPIp and the 438 is IELTS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 10:24am On May 15
DTOBS:
Please who can also confirm this as I am about to finally decide on which to write. Thanks.
This is not true. Use the right CLB equivalent between the two test to calculate.

IETLS, CELPIP, PTE core, anyone you choose to use give the same score.

The advantage of having all three is making decision between which one is easier to pass. I can tell you for free that it's currently PTE core (ask the Indians, that's what they all take now).
From its shorter tasks to less test time duration and its 3 modules against the other 4. Plus you have the advantage to practice with direct test questions and exact test template before your test. You practice and replicate to get your desired band score.

We can help with providing comprehensive preparatory material for all of the listed test and also offer guide. Reach out below:08106337690_

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kelvinae: 12:10pm On May 15
Dears,

Kindly be informed that as a sales advisor at Axa Mansard Insurance I can handle your individual and corporate insurance. Example properties insurance, travel insurance, health insurance(HMO, life insurance (Bonus life, group life, money insurance, motor insurance (comprehensive and Third party) marine insurance, goods on transit insurance, investment (Money market, new life savings), and other forms of insurance for your need.

All forms of Axa Mansard Insurance have attractive benefits.

Please call me or chat me on WhatsApp with this phone number: 08061233831.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Isjaymoh(m): 12:33pm On May 15
Good day everyone, pls I have 4years experience as a nurse assistant but I stopped working early last year. What are the other documents to request from my employer aside from reference letter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by seunpinky(m): 6:03am On May 16
Isjaymoh:
Good day everyone, pls I have 4years experience as a nurse assistant but I stopped working early last year. What are the other documents to request from my employer aside from reference letter
Typically a well written reference letter in IRCC format is all you need, however, in some cases I have seen people add pay slips, job offer letter and Employee ID card.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bassman14: 6:55pm On May 16
Guys!! .. I finally received my stamped passport with COPR letter this week! It's been a journey of patience and hope.

Story:
I initially planned to start the process in 2020, even took the CIIN exam for additional degree, but one thing led to another and I moved to Dubai instead.

I got married to my wife in January 2023 but couldn't bring her over cause of the Dubai ban on Nigerians hence we decided to attempt the express entry program again with me being the main applicant.

Timeline:

IELTS July 2023
WES evaluation August 2023
Entered pool August 2023 with CRS score 488

Got invited and accepted Alberta PNP September 2023 (sibling lives there)

ITA - October 2023
AOR - November 16 2023 (used sale of land and salary account as POF, Upfront medicals)

Biometrics - January 16 2024

ADR - April 3 2024.. Payslips for a year, Educational diplomas, IMM 5669 Schedule A, RPRF payment receipt

PPR - May 2

I submitted my passport to Abudhabi VFS and got it back within 2 weeks. My wife submitted in Lagos, it's still at Accra OC, hoping to get it back soon.

Thank you all for the support and to everyone still hoping and trying, no give up oooo!!!!

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by CornOak(m): 6:56pm On May 16
Bassman14:
Guys!! .. I finally received my stamped passport with COPR letter this week! It's been a journey of patience and hope.

Story:
I initially planned to start the process in 2020, even took the CIIN exam for additional degree, but one thing led to another and I moved to Dubai instead.

I got married to my wife in January 2023 but couldn't bring her over cause of the Dubai ban on Nigerians hence we decided to attempt the express entry program again with me being the main applicant.

Timeline:

IELTS July 2023

A massive congratulations to you and your household. May the land favor you.🎉

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by badru007: 7:39pm On May 16
Congratulations to you ..
But why is there always delay in Ghana

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 9:44pm On May 16
I just got the golden mail guys

Full gist coming soon

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Harmony63: 11:55pm On May 16
aurorae1:

I don't stay around that area, so hopefully others chime in on accommodation recommendations.

For the exam, there are 2 free tests on the site. After this YouTube is the next best place to be. Hzad Education, Ali Rastegari, the official CELPIP channel and others.
I also have a CELPIP folder on Google Drive that was sent to me. Not sure how I can share it.

Lastly, please how much did you end up paying for the exam?

Please can you share Celpip material with me 🙏 I will really appreciate

Chichilla4u@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debymayor: 11:57am On May 17
iFOD:
Hello Everyone,

Please I am confused on how WES works. If I send transcript to WES from my university in Nigeria ( OAU ), is it WES that will send the transcript to the foreign university I am applying to Or I will have to request for the transcript again from OAU.

Thank you

Goodmorning.

Yes

WES will send to the foreign school and as well send you the evaluation report via your email
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DTOBS(m): 12:31pm On May 17
Congratulations sir…

Bassman14:

Story:

Timeline:

IELTS July 2023

Got invited and accepted Alberta PNP September 2023 (sibling lives there)

ITA - October 2023
AOR - November 16 2023 (used sale of land and salary account as POF, Upfront medicals)

Biometrics - January 16 2024

ADR - April 3 2024.. Payslips for a year, Educational diplomas, IMM 5669 Schedule A, RPRF payment receipt

PPR - May 2

I submitted my passport to Abudhabi VFS and got it back within 2 weeks. My wife submitted in Lagos, it's still at Accra OC, hoping to get it back soon.

Thank you all for the support and to everyone still hoping and trying, no give up oooo!!!!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DTOBS(m): 12:31pm On May 17
Please can I send you a message? Kindly help with your phone number

Harmony63:

Please can you share Celpip material with me 🙏 I will really appreciate

Chichilla4u@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DTOBS(m): 12:32pm On May 17
Thanks so much bro!

You have really been helpful!

studycenter:
This is not true. Use the right CLB equivalent between the two test to calculate.

IETLS, CELPIP, PTE core, anyone you choose to use give the same score.

The advantage of having all three is making decision between which one is easier to pass. I can tell you for free that it's currently PTE core (ask the Indians, that's what they all take now).
From its shorter tasks to less test time duration and its 3 modules against the other 4. Plus you have the advantage to practice with direct test questions and exact test template before your test. You practice and replicate to get your desired band score.

We can help with providing comprehensive preparatory material for all of the listed test and also offer guide. Reach out below:08106337690_

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mayfair19: 2:08pm On May 17
Hello everyone,

I created a profile and joined the pool late last year using the NOC code equivalent to my job role in advertising/marketing at the time. However, I changed my job in January to a different field/industry.

I want to know if I can add the NOC code of my new job to my express entry profile considering the fact that I haven’t been there for a long time?
Also, does anyone know the NOC code that is equivalent to the job role of a data analyst working at a bank?

Please can anyone help with answering these questions?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 5:48pm On May 17
In 2020, I heard about Canada PR but I wasn't serious with it, I was scared of writing IELTS cheesy

I kept telling my brother I have not studied enough for the exam.
January 2021, I finally wrote IELTS and got in the pool, then came the long pause of ITA. And when they resumed in 2022, the scores were so high, that I had to start learning French but my French tutor suddenly increased her price cry.

At some point I gave up on this journey, but last year after the elections, I knew I had to get back in the pool. And then CBD came, I wrote IELTS again and got in the pool.

ITA: 26th Oct
AOR: 2nd Dec
BIL: 2nd Feb
MIL: 4th Feb
Biometric done and linked: 12th Feb
Medicals done: 14th Feb
PFL: March 26
PFL: POF topup submitted April 21
MEP: 14 May
FD: 15 May
RFV: 16 May
VO: RROC/Accra

I did sputum test, my medicals took three months, crazy and depressing period...

Another thing that showed me shege is exchange rate, it kept going up cry

Thank you to the elders on this thread who have been responding to my questions from the days of WES evaluation.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by futureenergy: 6:43pm On May 17
aworhmabel:
Hi Guys,

Please is anyone here currently residing in Alberta Calgary or Edmonton?

Please, I am curious to know how to go about obtaining a fully funded government grant for studies for someone who is a newcomer in Canada (i.e under PR)
Is there a body one can contact?

This depends on what you want to study. There's hardly a "fully funded" government grant for studies. You could easily get a student loan, which would have some grants included, but you would pay back your loan. There are also very good scholarships for high-flyers, if you were talking about research (MSc and PhD). The first step is to gain admission and start.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by folla: 7:09pm On May 17
Congratulations!

mhizsimi:
In 2020, I heard about Canada PR but I wasn't serious with it, I was scared of writing IELTS cheesy

January 2021, I finally wrote IELTS and got in the pool, then came the long pause of ITA. And when they resumed in 2022, the scores were so high, that I had to start learning French but my French tutor suddenly increased her price cry.

At some point I gave up on this journey, but last year after the elections, I knew I had to get back in the pool. And then CBD came, I wrote IELTS again and got in the pool.

I did sputum test, my medicals took three months, crazy and depressing period...

Thank you to the elders on this thread who have been responding to my questions from the days of WES evaluation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by modash(m): 7:52pm On May 17
Pearlmadeit:

I think it depends on the school
My school is University of Birmingham
All you need is grant access to WES on your student portal after payment. They will see my certificate and transcript online directly
I'll let you know how long it takes.

Please how long did it take for your verification?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aworhmabel: 7:53pm On May 17
Thanks
futureenergy:

This depends on what you want to study. There's hardly a "fully funded" government grant for studies. You could easily get a student loan, which would have some grants included, but you would pay back your loan. There are also very good scholarships for high-flyers, if you were talking about research (MSc and PhD). The first step is to gain admission and start.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 8:09pm On May 17
mhizsimi:

Congrats 🎉

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: nikaShow(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.