Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1055049 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 5:28pm On Feb 06, 2022
Jacknn:

Pls for this saskeshewan, I saw that u must reach the 60 point to be eligible.. but when I perused through the site and saw invites in the past and present,they all had scores of at least 70 above that was called. When I did the simulation for my own assessment,I was 60 on the dot. Bkaux my NOC is eligible,age work experience and all. But the 60 is not enough to get nominated,unless maybe I have a sibling or relative in sask, or arranged employment that's when maybe you can attain the extra 10 point or even extra 30 points to be at 70 or 80.

The question is, me being on 60 point and having NOC they always nominate (2263), can I be lucky they nominate my NOC and I have the 70 point with the nomination or I must be at 70 point first to be eligible for nomination since I don't have a sibling or relative in sask..

CC.. ednut1 and co pls help me out on this as I'm confused with this PNP especially for sask because I think I might be eligible for it even without having a sibling there or arranged employment.

everyone in express entry pool is eligible, but someone on 410 wont get invited if score is 470 for that draw. There are many people in the pool with higher scores so it wont get to 60, it has in the past. number of people in the pool vs quota determines scores picked.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Goodnigga: 5:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
February 8 approaching, let's wait this week for what Minister of Immigration Canada will say o!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jacknn: 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2022
ednut1:
everyone in express entry pool is eligible, but someone on 410 wont get invited if score is 470 for that draw. There are many people in the pool with higher scores so it wont get to 60, it has in the past. number of people in the pool vs quota determines scores picked.

Okay thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Haircombb: 10:04am On Feb 07, 2022
Good morning guys, I got an adr to renew my passport and submit by 3rd of march. I registered last week friday and was given 9th of march as appointment date for data capture which is way past the deadline. I am confused on how to proceed from here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by icehot: 10:47am On Feb 07, 2022
Haircombb:
Good morning guys, I got an adr to renew my passport and submit by 3rd of march. I registered last week friday and was given 9th of march as appointment date for data capture which is way past the deadline. I am confused on how to proceed from here.

You can send them a message via webform to inform them that there will be a delay. What's your AOR?

You know you should have started this renewal process knowing that your passport will soon expire.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Haircombb: 11:22am On Feb 07, 2022
icehot:

You can send them a message via webform to inform them that there will be a delay. What's your AOR?

You know you should have started this renewal process knowing that your passport will soon expire.

My AOR is Feb 18th 2021. I was hoping to renew this February, I didnt know IRCC will contact me this soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PreciousRuby(f): 11:53am On Feb 07, 2022
icehot:

You need to find a way around it. Someone recently posted about knowing someone that assist in getting your passport renewed in 2 weeks so read backwards and contact the person.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Haircombb: 12:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
PreciousRuby:

You need to find a way around it. Someone recently posted about knowing someone that assist in getting your passport renewed in 2 weeks so read backwards and contact the person.

I have, he said since I have registered in Lagos already, I have to wait for that data capture date. I contacted someone else too and was told I have to travel to the east or north to get it done.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
Haircombb:

I have, he said since I have registered in Lagos already, I have to wait for that data capture date. I contacted someone else too and was told I have to travel to the east or north to get it done.
They're taking about 3 weeks now to acknowledge a webform so if you're going to inform them of the delay, better to send the webform now or find a faster way to contact your visa office because if they haven't received it by your deadline, you know how they can be.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Haircombb: 1:40pm On Feb 07, 2022
Allegory:

They're taking about 3 weeks now to acknowledge a webform so if you're going to inform them of the delay, better to send the webform now or find a faster way to contact your visa office because if they haven't received it by your deadline, you know how they can be.

I just sent the webform now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by efeu: 1:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
I
Haircombb:

I have the same issue aswell. I was contacted to submit new passport by 5th march. already started the renewal process date to capture is 24th February. not sure if the passport will be out before the 5th.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Yellowmellow(f): 2:10pm On Feb 07, 2022
These questions I’m seeing about passport adr is getting me worried.
Please guys my passport expires in September, my aor is Feb 2021.
I was told I have to wait till 6 months to the expiration of my passport to start the renewal process.
I don’t know if I’d get an adr for passport renewal. Should I start the process now?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Haircombb: 2:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
efeu:
I

I have the same issue aswell. I was contacted to submit new passport by 5th march. already started the renewal process date to capture is 24th February. not sure if the passport will be out before the 5th.

Yours is better. You should get it before then.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Rhuth: 2:59pm On Feb 07, 2022
Haircombb:

You don’t have to capture on said date.
If you used Ikoyi, go very early tomorrow or next and capture.
They usually don’t follow that capture date

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 3:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
Yellowmellow:
These questions I’m seeing about passport adr is getting me worried.
Please guys my passport expires in September, my aor is Feb 2021.
I was told I have to wait till 6 months to the expiration of my passport to start the renewal process.
I don’t know if I’d get an adr for passport renewal. Should I start the process now?
Just set a reminder for the 6 month mark and start the process then, don't wait for ADR. Also find a reliable contact that can guarantee a week or 2

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lush100(m): 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
Allegory:

Would be easier to suggest a province if we knew you and your husband's NOCs. Either way you can do some research on Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and see if you qualify.

Ontario only invites certain nocs with crs of 460-467 or so, not sure.

Sask requires you to have your work experience in the same field you studied in Uni

Manitoba needs you to have a sibling living in their province

And I think Alberta sends invites to people in the pool, don't know how the choose.

The future of FSW is still a bit unclear right now but I believe they'll tell us their plan soon. Whatever the plan, it seems like any new fsw invites would be leaving in 2023.

Applying for a Canadian Masters is also a really good idea. You can always apply for permanent stay later. This is the only option that's sure to get you into Canada this year but you need a lot of money for it.
Dear Allegory,
I need ur candid advice.
Pls can i relay the message via email?
lushserv@gmail.com is my email.
I haven't been in the pool bcoz my listening was 5.5 even though my band was 7 on ielts.
I wanted to do Masters in Canada but my brother who lives there says they wouldn't give me visa.
But u have indicated here that Masters is a good avenue.
Pls can we relate via email.
I want to ask some questions and some info I don't want to put here please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cnwamo(m): 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
My People quick question, flying from Nigeria to Canada via klm do I need a transit visa?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lush100(m): 3:25pm On Feb 07, 2022
Allegory:

Would be easier to suggest a province if we knew you and your husband's NOCs. Either way you can do some research on Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and see if you qualify.

Ontario only invites certain nocs with crs of 460-467 or so, not sure.

Sask requires you to have your work experience in the same field you studied in Uni

Manitoba needs you to have a sibling living in their province

And I think Alberta sends invites to people in the pool, don't know how the choose.

The future of FSW is still a bit unclear right now but I believe they'll tell us their plan soon. Whatever the plan, it seems like any new fsw invites would be leaving in 2023.

Applying for a Canadian Masters is also a really good idea. You can always apply for permanent stay later. This is the only option that's sure to get you into Canada this year but you need a lot of money for it.
Hello @Allegory,
I haven't entered the pool bcoz i had a 5.5 in my listening test even though my band is 7 in ielts.(I am going for another soonest)
I wanted to proceed for a Masters course in Canada but my bro who stays there says i wouldn't be given a visa.
But here u indicated that Masters is a good route.
Pls can i relay my questions via email as i don't want to put some info here please.
My email is lushserv@gmail.com
Would be grateful for sparing ur time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lush100:

Hello @Allegory,
I haven't entered the pool bcoz i had a 5.5 in my listening test even though my band is 7 in ielts.(I am going for another soonest)
I wanted to proceed for a Masters course in Canada but my bro who stays there says i wouldn't be given a visa.
But here u indicated that Masters is a good route.
Pls can i relay my questions via email as i don't want to put some info here please.
My email is lushserv@gmail.com
Would be grateful for sparing ur time
This brother of yours, is he your biological brother and if yes, is he a stepbrother? undecided

I am curious to know the reasons he gave you as to why you would be denied a visa. Let nobody tell you BS, you would be given a visa if you meet the requirements as deemed fit by the visa officer. There is a Canada student visa thread here on Nairaland. Please read through and ask your questions.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lush100(m): 3:48pm On Feb 07, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

This brother of yours, is he your biological brother and if yes, is he a stepbrother? undecided

I am curious to know the reasons he gave you as to why you would be denied a visa. Let nobody tell you BS, you would be given a visa if you meet the requirements as deemed fit by the visa officer. There is a Canada student visa thread here on Nairaland. Please read through and ask your questions.

Easy sir,
He is my blood brother na.
Of course i want to use the opportunity to move my family, school and work and from there take the 2 year extra stay to make my residency permanent.
Bro , we have been working on it for over a year and he has been very supportive.
Thing is i already have an MBA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 4:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lush100:

Dear Allegory,
I need ur candid advice.
Pls can i relay the message via email?
lushserv@gmail.com is my email.
I haven't been in the pool bcoz my listening was 5.5 even though my band was 7 on ielts.
I wanted to do Masters in Canada but my brother who lives there says they wouldn't give me visa.
But u have indicated here that Masters is a good avenue.
Pls can we relate via email.
I want to ask some questions and some info I don't want to put here please
Since you already have an MBA, it might be tricky getting a visa except your course shows career progression somehow. You'll be better off asking questions on the Canadian student visa thread. There are some pros there that you can PM if they let you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jerryval42: 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
My People quick question, flying from Nigeria to Canada via klm do I need a transit visa?

Please can someone help with this question.

Also, what about someone flying via United to Canada and is meant to have 2 stops in US.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 07, 2022
jerryval42:

Also, what about someone flying via United to Canada and is meant to have 2 stops in US.

For KLM you do not need a transit visa to go to canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by baresi22: 7:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
jerryval42:

As a foreigner, you will need a visa as long as you are exiting the international wing to enter a domestic flight to another city in the same country. I had this challenge sometime ago in France.You can enquire about transit visa. Hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by joselekas(m): 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
Haircombb:

Please do you know which VO the request came from?

Is your file in Winnipeg or Accra?

Are you FSW or PNP?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mauriss: 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
toyeebahlim:
Finally updated today. Medicals passed.

Hello, any news from Ottawa yet?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mauriss:

Hello, any news from Ottawa yet?

No news o. Waiting waiting. There’s no pattern anymore. Heard some are currently receiving ppr this night. We continue to wait, hope and pray. You?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Haircombb: 10:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
joselekas:

Please do you know which VO the request came from?

Is your file in Winnipeg or Accra?

Are you FSW or PNP?

Honestly, I don't know my VO. The last time I requested for gcms was last year June and it was CIO then.

I am FSW.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 11:09pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lush100:

Easy sir,
He is my blood brother na.
Of course i want to use the opportunity to move my family, school and work and from there take the 2 year extra stay to make my residency permanent.
Bro , we have been working on it for over a year and he has been very supportive.
Thing is i already have an MBA.

Okay.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TheLeilah: 12:22am On Feb 08, 2022
portablesuzy:
Congratulations to you all seniors in the house so so happy for you all may the testimonies also extends to us . Pls am preparing for my IELTS am using ieltsonlinetest.com and IELTS MATERIALS for my regular practice are they real practical questions if not pls kindly advise where I can get real IELTS practical tests. Thanks and Congrats ��� once again to my seniors

I would highly recommend that you watch JAY of E2 language videos on youtube and fastrack ielts

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mauriss: 3:32am On Feb 08, 2022
toyeebahlim:

No news o. Waiting waiting. There’s no pattern anymore. Heard some are currently receiving ppr this night. We continue to wait, hope and pray. You?
Nothing yet from my end.. I also saw one from Sunday and a few more on Monday night. We'll keep praying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (632) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.