Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 (6100 Views)

OJB Jezreel's Wife Donated Her Kidney To Him / OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost / OJB Cries As P-Square Donates N5Million For His Kidney Transplant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by Natasha2(f): 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2011
"I wanted to buy an iPad 2 but could not afford it," the boy, surnamed Zheng, told the Chinese language Global Times.
"A broker contacted me on the Internet and said he could help me sell one kidney for 20,000 Yuan ($3085)," he said in an interview with Shanghai Daily.
Making the case worse, the hospital didn't have the proper facilities to perform organ transplants. The surgery took around 3 hours.
Now, the boy is not feeling well after the surgery and says he's regretting the decision. However, he bought a new laptop and an iPhone when he returned home.
He was contacted by someone on the internet that specializes in these sort of deals.
The police are investigating the case after his mother reported the situation.
The hospital denied any awareness of the surgery even though they acknowledged contracting out its urology department to a private businessman.
According to statistics more than a million people in China need a transplant annually, but less than 10,000 receive organs. In China, selling the organs of executed prisoners continues to be an official state policy.
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/156571/20110602/ultimate-apple-fan-bot-chinese-kid-sells-kidney-for-ipad-2-in-china.htm
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by ifyalways(f): 7:58pm On Jun 04, 2011
I heard this on the news last night and I was just speechless.
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by r231(m): 8:00pm On Jun 04, 2011
ipad prolly more important to him than the kidney grin grin
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by Natasha2(f): 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2011
lolz just imagine only now and he's not feeling well I just hope Apple helps him if anything should go wrong

1 Like

Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 04, 2011
wtf
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by MeGaStReEt: 10:50pm On Jun 04, 2011
this is madness
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 05, 2011
A nutcase, in every sense of the word. Absolutely barking mad.
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by denzel2009: 12:11am On Jun 05, 2011
I think he was short-changed, kidneys are more expensive than that.
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by Seun(m): 7:10am On Jun 05, 2011
People have been known to give away their kidneys for free, so I don't understand the outrage.
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by Decryptor(m): 7:15am On Jun 05, 2011
Watched it on AIT the day b4 yesterday. Chinese folks never cease to amaze me.
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by feelme3(m): 7:50am On Jun 05, 2011
In China, selling the organs of executed prisoners continues to be an official state policy.

The best thing about this article! See how we dey lynch armed robbers dey burn their body when we could be earning forex selling their organs, grin grin
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 05, 2011
Seun:

People have been known to give away their kidneys for free, so I don't understand the outrage.

And you call that been a humanitarian or a philantropist?? undecided
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by octar6: 8:38am On Jun 05, 2011
He went 2 a substandard hospital! They might have removed both kidneys n replaced 1 with a dead kidney.lol . He should enjoy his new laptop n d fone. Dis is d hieght of povery.
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 05, 2011
^ Height of Ignorance, Covertousness and Stupidity
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by cameronese(m): 9:02am On Jun 05, 2011
The best thing about this article! See how we dey lynch armed robbers dey burn their body when we could be earning forex selling their organs, Grin Grin

I have 24 kidneys for sale, interested buyer should contact me. 1m each that is a total of N24M for me grin

If you need goat kidney that one dey too
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by OmichaelO: 10:48am On Jun 05, 2011
cameronese:

I have 24 kidneys for sale, interested buyer should contact me. 1m each that is a total of N24M for me grin

If you need goat kidney that one dey too
grin grin
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by ijebuboy18(m): 11:13am On Jun 05, 2011
i think d rite question here should be how much your kidney is worth, he tot his was worth an Ipad so he got 1,now he will hav 2 live wit dat decision, after all, we sell our souls everyday 4 material tins!!!
Just ask your senators,
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by 3kay945(m): 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2011
feel_me:

The best thing about this article! See how we dey lynch armed robbers dey burn their body when we could be earning forex selling their organs, grin grin
grin grin
All dis abokis beggers too can become million if dey can copy dis guy.
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 05, 2011
lot of nigerians sell there kidney in malaysia ,   what tha fuc.k even a Taxi Driver teased me for that but i was not moved by the amount he proposed and later told me lot of  nigerians and africans  do such to make money that he can introduce me to the hospital where the act is done,  but it has to be a mutual Agreement and understanding , trying to scope me out to get is own Cut as an agent  that was what i sensed but to God be the Glory i was not Moved to it even though the amount he said was too good to be true. angry
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by chelseabmw(m): 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2011
I also heard that nigerians now sell kidney in malaysia for huge sum of money shocked shocked
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by Dsense(m): 1:39pm On Jun 05, 2011
OP.

I have read about this and another dude who crashed his car (Honda) into an Apple Shop . . . So weird!
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by maasoap(m): 1:51pm On Jun 05, 2011
How many of you who have been contributing here are 17yrs old. At 17, you're not even considered old enough to make decision on your own anywhere in the world. A teenager who is not even yet 18 was deceived into parting with his vital organ when the money involved was not even enough to cover post-operation therapy. Who knows, may be the remaining one has been infected. How many 17yrs old Nigerians know the importance of kidney not to even talk of knowing its worth. The boy is a Victim.
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by goody12: 2:39pm On Jun 05, 2011
I want to sell my Kidney. I am serious about it, any interested buyer should contact me immediately,  goodym123@yahoo.com
Thanks.
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by denzel2009: 2:51pm On Jun 05, 2011
goody12:

I want to sell my Kidney. I am serious about it, any interested buyer should contact me immediately,  goodym123@yahoo.com
Thanks.

How much? Can you sell liver too? Pls let me know last price.
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by goody12: 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2011
denzel2009:

How much? Can you sell liver too? Pls let me know last price.

no i no dey sell liver, na only Kidney I wan sell. This is serious business, dont think I am joking
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by slap1(m): 3:56pm On Jun 05, 2011
It's his kidney, and he sold it.
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by fredoooooo: 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2011
what is he gonna do , when another ipad come ot out ? sad sad sad
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by 9dynasty(m): 6:16pm On Jun 05, 2011
fredoooooo:

what is he gonna do , when another ipad come ot out ? sad sad sad
too bad, if he continues he would probably not live to see ipad4, kidney go don finish.lol, na wa oooohh
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2011
No crime was committed since the boy consented to selling his kidney.yeye boy
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2011
What if someone comes along and steals the laptop and phone?
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by MMM2(m): 7:23pm On Jun 05, 2011
dat kid fit be igbo boy,
he go still make am.
Re: 17 Years Old Chinese Student Sells His Kidney To Buy Apple Ipad 2 by laurynkay: 8:31pm On Jun 05, 2011
See wetin technology dey cos for us, too bad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yemi Alade Flaunts Her B00ty In Bumb Shorts (pics) / "If A Man Did This, It Will Be Sexual Harassment"— Alibaba / Celine Dion Is Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.