Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,491 members, 7,850,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:53 AM

Musk Agrees To ‘solve World Hunger’ For $8bn, But There’s A Catch - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Musk Agrees To ‘solve World Hunger’ For $8bn, But There’s A Catch (620 Views)

Central Bank Of Nigeria Agrees To Mint The Gambian Dalasi / Alleged $8bn Sanction: MTN, FG Settle Out Of Court / Paddy Adenuga Agrees To Be Jailed Instead Of Marrying His Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Musk Agrees To ‘solve World Hunger’ For $8bn, But There’s A Catch by ghostcenturion(m): 5:19am On Nov 02, 2021
Elon Musk has agreed to solve world hunger in response to a United Nations official who suggested the Tesla founder would be able to do so using just 2 per cent of his fortune.
[]
Musk was responding to comments by David Beasley, director of the UN’s World Food Programme (WFP), who repeated a call last week asking billionaires like Musk to “step up now, on a one-time basis.”
Beasley suggested 2 per cent of Musk’s wealth, around $8 billion (US$6 billion), would be able to solve world hunger.

And now Musk has called his bluff in a Twitter exchange where he said if presented with an exact plan for how world hunger could be solved with that money he would sell enough Tesla shares to do it.
“If WFP can describe on this Twitter thread exactly how $6B will solve world hunger, I will sell Tesla stock right now and do it,” Musk wrote on Twitter.

“But it must be open source accounting, so the public sees precisely how the money is spent.”

Musk’s current net worth is $413 billion (US$311 billion), according to the billionaires index.
Re: Musk Agrees To ‘solve World Hunger’ For $8bn, But There’s A Catch by tillaman(m): 5:52am On Nov 02, 2021
shocked

1 Like

Re: Musk Agrees To ‘solve World Hunger’ For $8bn, But There’s A Catch by dawnomike(m): 6:41am On Nov 02, 2021
No man can single handedly solve the problem of hunger or poverty in the world ...

1 Like

Re: Musk Agrees To ‘solve World Hunger’ For $8bn, But There’s A Catch by paddyDIGITAL(m): 7:13am On Nov 02, 2021
Great response by Musk. There must be clear plan on how the money could be used to solve hunger challenges. In a place like Nigeria, even if he sold all his shares and gave it to Nigeria alone, it still would not be enough, because politicians are more hungry than the common man in the street.

1 Like

Re: Musk Agrees To ‘solve World Hunger’ For $8bn, But There’s A Catch by israelp(m): 7:33am On Nov 02, 2021
c money wey 1 peson get sad
Re: Musk Agrees To ‘solve World Hunger’ For $8bn, But There’s A Catch by jtwnz: 8:34am On Nov 02, 2021
Elon Musk is from south africa and now he want to solve world hunger.....Beleive in yourself + Good environment + Gods favour = Good success

Read this story below if you are a salary earner but needs side hustle that sense :

Salary Worker : Abeg You fit borrow me 10,000 till month end

keke napep Rider : Office Man, then never pay you salary ?

Salary Worker : My guy, b4 month end self the money done finish.

keke napep Rider : Na every time you dey ask me for 5k or 10k wetin sef

Salary Worker : U no say na every day U dey see money, but me na once a month

keke napep Rider : U sef fit do this business, dey see money everyday

Salary Worker : Guy, ano go fit drop my job for keke napep business ?

keke napep Rider : Ask me what you dont know - Na salary person like you buy this one wey adey use.I give am N2,500 every day because na fairly used na.

Salary Worker : Oh boy, that is 15,000 every week x 4 weeks = 60,000 a month.

keke napep Rider : Na him U come dey ask me to borrow you 10,000 everymonth.

Salary Worker : But him go dey spend money to sevice and repair am

keke napep Rider : Sit down there, dey argue wetin you know know.

keke napep Rider : Shishi hin no go commot give for the 60,000 wey adey give am every month for the next 10 month when he go become my own - Na Hire Purchase na.

Salary Worker : Wait wait 60,000 a month x 10 months = 336,000.All the money self no reach to buy keke napep.

keke napep Rider : He tell me say he buy am grade one for 350,000.

Salary : I think this business don they make sense now.600 - 350 = 250,000 gain.Meaning every month the guy they save for bank 25,000k.

Salary Worker : Why you self no go buy from the same place that smart salary worker buy from instead of working for him.

keke napep Rider : No take another man Hustle dey dey laugh, all fingers are not equal.When I finish for where I learn tailoring, no money to buy machine or collect shop so I wan ride the keke take see money to collect shop and buy tailoring machine.

keke napep Rider : No be only me, we many wey learn work no see money start.

Salary Worker : Abeg give me the number of the guy wey dey wey sell fairly used keke napep for 350,000

keke napep Rider :Na hin number be this - 08064334330, Call am and stop asking me for 5000naira everytime.

3 Likes

Re: Musk Agrees To ‘solve World Hunger’ For $8bn, But There’s A Catch by juniorstar(m): 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2021
ghostcenturion:
Elon Musk has agreed to solve world hunger in response to a United Nations official who suggested the Tesla founder would be able to do so using just 2 per cent of his fortune.
[]
Musk was responding to comments by David Beasley, director of the UN’s World Food Programme (WFP), who repeated a call last week asking billionaires like Musk to “step up now, on a one-time basis.”
Beasley suggested 2 per cent of Musk’s wealth, around $8 billion (US$6 billion), would be able to solve world hunger.

And now Musk has called his bluff in a Twitter exchange where he said if presented with an exact plan for how world hunger could be solved with that money he would sell enough Tesla shares to do it.
“If WFP can describe on this Twitter thread exactly how $6B will solve world hunger, I will sell Tesla stock right now and do it,” Musk wrote on Twitter.

“But it must be open source accounting, so the public sees precisely how the money is spent.”

Musk’s current net worth is $413 billion (US$311 billion), according to the billionaires index.
Musk 311billion hanhan fear God isn't it 200 and something.
Re: Musk Agrees To ‘solve World Hunger’ For $8bn, But There’s A Catch by cally10(m): 2:39pm On Nov 02, 2021
juniorstar:

Musk 311billion hanhan fear God isn't it 200 and something.
Nope currently he is worth almost more than $335 billion. He is richer than both Bill gate and Jef bezos combined who are in 2nd and 4th positions respectively.
Re: Musk Agrees To ‘solve World Hunger’ For $8bn, But There’s A Catch by juniorstar(m): 3:42pm On Nov 02, 2021
cally10:

Nope currently he is worth almost more than $335 billion. He is richer than both Bill gate and Jef bezos combined who are in 2nd and 4th positions respectively.
Wow...see gap
Re: Musk Agrees To ‘solve World Hunger’ For $8bn, But There’s A Catch by cally10(m): 2:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
juniorstar:

Wow...see gap
Dude is heading to $400 billions like this, the share of tesla and space x have seen a major significant increase recently especially Tesla which is now valued at more than $1 trillion.
Re: Musk Agrees To ‘solve World Hunger’ For $8bn, But There’s A Catch by juniorstar(m): 2:33pm On Nov 03, 2021
cally10:

Dude is heading to $400 billions like this, the share of tesla and space x have seen a major significant increase recently especially Tesla which is now valued at more than $1 trillion.
Too much money? He has surpassed Rockefeller and Carnegie but Rothschild still pass am. Those Arab money too pass am especially house of Saud

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Will Develop Your Websites For Free / Boda Boda New Business In DR Congo / w

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.