Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,917 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone (3309 Views)

Twitter Throws Subtle Shade At Facebook, Instagram And Whatsapp. / Pictures From The Launch Of The New Phantom 8 / Tecno Unveiled New Phantom Smartphone Yesterday In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:54am On Nov 02, 2021
It's funny that Tecno will put up an advert like this. They are obviously trying to throw a jab at Apple for releasing too many iPhone series.
Considering the fact that Tecno is also known for releasing new phones almost all the time.
Do you think this makes sense cuz it's like Keke napep wan try Lamborghini grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by oz4real83(m): 7:02am On Nov 02, 2021
Steve Job will be turning in his grave now. What is Tecno chinco phone where an iphone stands? Just imagine the heights Apple would have been if Steve job was still alive!!!. The successive heads of apple have always been confused on what to do and what not to do with their products nowadays.

8 Likes

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by 11Anonymous(m): 7:16am On Nov 02, 2021
Will the Tecno phantom X get even a year of OS update? Get it and be stuck in Android 11 forever.

Don't throw shades when you have refused to improve.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by EmptyGarden(m): 7:17am On Nov 02, 2021
Inferiority complex.

4 Likes

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by 38Noob: 7:18am On Nov 02, 2021
Apple will not give them the fame they desire

6 Likes

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Kingsasian(m): 7:42am On Nov 02, 2021
Funny enough Iphone doesn't know whether there is any brand called Tecno in the world.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:58am On Nov 02, 2021
Kingsasian:
Funny enough Iphone doesn't know whether there is any brand called Tecno in the world.
You can't prove that statement. Tecno is one of the biggest brands in Africa and quite popular Asia market, and these are two important markets in the mobile industry. Apple must have heard of them. Tech giants keep tab on each other you know. And they always study what the others are doing differently so they can incorporate them into their products too.

10 Likes

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by DaInferno(m): 8:30am On Nov 02, 2021
Oshey.... grin Make una leave Tecno: na brand wey pass them they want the compete against

You people up there are taking this joke too seriously! grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 02, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

You can't prove that statement. Tecno is one of the biggest brands in Asia and Africa market, and these are two important markets in the mobile industry. Apple must have heard of them. Tech giants keep tab on each other you know. And they always study what the others are doing differently so they can incorporate them into their products too.

How is techno a big brand in Asia?
Most of the phones are sold in third world countries.
Please prove that it’s a big brand in Asia.

Techno is not even in top 50 phone brands in the world. Who are the tech giants keeping an eye for it?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by sunshineV(f): 9:03am On Nov 02, 2021
lol grin lmfao how tecno(a company that started in 2010) phones is at their 18th generation and apple (2007) is still at their 13th generation should be studied in havard university, oxford and unilag at the criminology department grin

1 Like

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by sunshineV(f): 9:06am On Nov 02, 2021
11Anonymous:
Will the Tecno phantom X get even a year of OS update? Get it and be stuck in Android 11 forever.

Don't throw shades when you have refused to improve.
improvement and tecno shouldn't be in the same sentence sef

4 Likes

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by sunshineV(f): 9:08am On Nov 02, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

You can't prove that statement. Tecno is one of the biggest brands in Asia and Africa market, and these are two important markets in the mobile industry. Apple must have heard of them. Tech giants keep tab on each other you know. And they always study what the others are doing differently so they can incorporate them into their products too.
even apple is bigger than tecno in the asian market

4 Likes

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by sunshineV(f): 9:09am On Nov 02, 2021
maynia:

Techno is not even in top 50 phone brands in the world. Who are the tech giants keeping an eye for it?
somebody that is high on something light grin

1 Like

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:11am On Nov 02, 2021
maynia:

Where is tecno's headquarters? That answers your question.
Innosan sells more cars in other African countries than Nigeria yet they are one of the biggest brands in Nigeria. Obviously you don't know what a brand is. I live and breath technology so if you think I'm wrong that all brands that are in the same business keep tabs on each other then you can continue arguing with yourself.
This article will also enlighten you on why Apple is definitely looking into Tecno and others. You this they don't know their competitors in all the countries of the world?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/10/10/tech/tecno-phones-africa/index.html

1 Like

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:15am On Nov 02, 2021
sunshineV:
even apple is bigger than tecno in the asian market
That's not the argument. I can also argue that people use more Samsung than iPhone in Asia due to trade ban in China.
Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by sunshineV(f): 9:18am On Nov 02, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

That's not the argument. I can also argue that people use more samsung than iPhone in Asia due to trade ban in China.
guy are u okay? try dey sleep well

1 Like

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:22am On Nov 02, 2021
sunshineV:
guy are u okay? try dey sleep well
Look at this man. undecided
A little research would have helped you.
Go through this 2021 survey and look at all the asian countries in it closely. E go shock you.

The only reason why Japan has more iPhone users is because No Japaneses will ever buy a Samsung phone cuz it's Korean made and the two countries don't see eye to eye.
https://www.counterpointresearch.com/top-5-smartphone-model-share-8-countries/
Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by pseudonomer: 9:25am On Nov 02, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Tecno?? No one knows Tecno outside Africa, maybe Asia…
Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:27am On Nov 02, 2021
pseudonomer:

Tecno?? No one knows Tecno outside Africa, maybe Asia…
Very true. But with their headquarters in Asia, they are quite popular. Not as popular as the other major brands though.
Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by sunshineV(f): 9:28am On Nov 02, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Go through this 2021 survey and look at all the asian countries in it closely. E go shock you.

The only reason why Japan has more iPhone users is because No Japaneses will ever buy a Samsung phone cuz it's Korean made and the two countries don't see eye to eye.
so i checked the link, i didnt see where tecno is bigger than apple in the asian market
Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:30am On Nov 02, 2021
sunshineV:
so i checked the link, i didnt see where tecno is bigger than apple in the asian market
I think you should go back and read what you quote. I never said Tecno. I believe I said Samsung.
People use more Samsung in Asia than iPhone
Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Parrie(m): 9:57am On Nov 02, 2021
Well, in the tech industry, there is nothing like an underdog. Xiaomi was considered an underdog until they overtook apple and samsung.
Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Soffyh(m): 10:16am On Nov 02, 2021
Mr man it’s true both countries has differences but still Japanese can’t look away Samsung beast phone,I swear if u Dey use s21 or note20 or flip, u will just be smiling as u Dey press the phone, Samsung phones maaaahd, I wish apple can also learn logic’s from Samsung because iPhone already got name for themselve
Kelvin30286063:

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:29am On Nov 02, 2021
Soffyh:
Mr man it’s true both countries has differences but still Japanese can’t look away Samsung beast phone,I swear if u Dey use s21 or note20 or flip, u will just be smiling as u Dey press the phone, Samsung phones maaaahd, I wish apple can also learn logic’s from Samsung because iPhone already got name for themselve
My wife and I both use S20+ 5G. We bought it when it came out brand new. I know how mad that phone is.
Even the storage alone. I've been using this phone for almost a year and I've not used 1 quarter of the 512GB inbuilt storage.

1 Like

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 02, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Innosan sells more cars in other African countries than Nigeria yet they are one of the biggest brands in Nigeria. Obviously you don't know what a brand is. I live and breath technology so if you think I'm wrong that all brands that are in the same business keep tabs on each other then you can continue arguing with yourself.
This article will also enlighten you on why Apple is definitely looking into Tecno and others. You this they don't know their competitors in all the countries of the world?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/10/10/tech/tecno-phones-africa/index.html

Tecno has never sold a UNIT in China hahaha

Read the article you sent. They are no giants in Asia, nobody knows them

There headquarters is in China and yet they have not sold a single unit there. Are the products not that good for Chinese consumers??

2 Likes

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Lamanii22(f): 11:24am On Nov 02, 2021
Kingsasian:

Omoor savagery!

2 Likes

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by WhatsAppZaddy8: 11:29am On Nov 02, 2021
Wetin concern agbero with overload? undecided

1 Like

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 02, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

techno is a giant in Asia and This article is your proof? cheesy grin
I was expecting more substance. What’s there sales record in Asia? Oooh lemme limit it to the country wheretechno headquarter is, How many unit have they sold in China?
Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 02, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

If you were calm and read what I wrote I said techno is only known in third world countries. And your article proved it.

Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:46am On Nov 02, 2021
maynia:

If you were calm and read what I wrote I said techno is only known in third world countries. And your article proved it.
Stop writing Tecno as Techno. It's kinda irritating. Just like when people use Am instead of I'm.
Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Tallesty1(m): 11:50am On Nov 02, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Innoson is not a popular car brand in Nigeria sir.

Tecno is not a popular brand anywhere outside Africa.
Re: Tecno's New Phantom X Advert Throw Shade At iPhone by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:54am On Nov 02, 2021
Tallesty1:
Innoson is not a popular car brand in Nigeria sir.

Tecno is not a popular brand anywhere outside Africa.
Innoson is not popular yet you know Innoson grin
Why didn't you ask what is innoson? Popularity has nothing to do with sales. That's my point. As a company, you are naturally popular in your country of origin cuz you are rooted there.
You are more likely to make less sales in that country cuz people natural do not trust products that are made in their countries, especially if the country has not production acceptability outside. But it won't change the fact that everyone will know your business and they will identify with you when they want to brag. Even though they won't buy from you

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zain Internet Plans / American Used Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for sale / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.