Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

South East Group Demands Immediate Release Of Obi Cubana - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / South East Group Demands Immediate Release Of Obi Cubana (371 Views)

PSC Demands Immediate Prosecution Of Seun Kuti / EFCC Arrests Obi Cubana Over Alleged Money Laundering / #JusticeForKhole: Release Of A Child Rapist In Abuja Imminent - Tonto Dikeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East Group Demands Immediate Release Of Obi Cubana by ToriTori247: 11:26am On Nov 02, 2021
....Says Buhari Govt Should Leave Igbos Alone

The pan-Igbo sociopolitical pressure organisation, the South East Revival Group (SERG) has demanded the immediate release of socialite and business tycoon, Obinna Iyiegbu, who is popularly known as Obi Cubana.

There were media reports on Monday that the Anambra State-born philanthropist was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on allegations bordering on alleged money laundering and tax evasion.

However, in a statement signed by its President and National Coordinator, Chief Willy Ezugwu, the SERG queried the rationale behind Obi Cubana's, saying that sons and daughters of the South East have target by the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.

The group, which demanded that the Buhari’s government should “leave Igbos alone”, wondering why the Federal Government is protecting some individuals, including and a “police officer wanted for corruption in the United States and some Bullion Van tycoons in Nigeria are working free but Igbos have continued to be subjected to all manner of harassments.

“In recent times, former Governor Peter Obi and former Secretary to the Federal Government, Ayim Pius Ayim, have been targeted by anti-corruption agencies all of a sudden because of their possible emergence as presidential candidates in their party to challenge the status quo.

“So, such anti-Igbo phantom allegations, like the ones against Obi Cubana, are not new.

“We recall that Ifeanyi Ubah of Capital Oil was arrested and detained by the federal government based on suspicion of committing financial fraud, even when it was the Federal government that was owing him.

“Despite the long years of neglect of the South East region, self-made Igbo sons and daughters are now being subjected to all manners of media trials while others who are reasonably suspected to have committed deafening financial crimes are working free on the streets because they are not Igbos.

"We strongly believe that Obi Cubana is targeted because of Anambra State governorship election on November 6. Due to his popularity, they want to take him out of the state and embarrass him.

“The SERG therefore demands immediate and unconditional release of Obi Cubana from the EFCC custody without any further delay”, the group demanded.
Re: South East Group Demands Immediate Release Of Obi Cubana by donbachi(m): 11:32am On Nov 02, 2021
The government,will continue to make mistakes that will tear nigeria apart..iswear.

1 Like

Re: South East Group Demands Immediate Release Of Obi Cubana by tillaman(m): 11:40am On Nov 02, 2021
Time will tell

1 Like

Re: South East Group Demands Immediate Release Of Obi Cubana by EkenmaPeter(m): 11:49am On Nov 02, 2021
i wipe for myself not for the country. How on earth did i find myself in this place. Hate everywhere, Envy everywhere, greed everywhere and to top it all illiterates everywhere. But i have one thing to say to this generation. If you like the way this country is going and you are comfortable with it cos it favors you, your families, uncle, brother , sisters or your parent. I pray karma should locate you. If your job is to speak hate, and want a particular tribe to suffer just because you are comfortable with the evils happening. May your days filled with sorrow and as you are making the blood money from people suffering, may you keep lacking all the days of your life.

I want one Nigeria but hate , envy , lies and cures wont bring the one nigeria, nobody is a slave nobody or government last forever.
Re: South East Group Demands Immediate Release Of Obi Cubana by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 02, 2021
Na wa
EkenmaPeter:
i wipe for myself not for the country. How on earth did i find myself in this place. Hate everywhere, Envy everywhere, greed everywhere and to top it all illiterates everywhere. But i have one thing to say to this generation. If you like the way this country is going and you are comfortable with it cos it favors you, your families, uncle, brother , sisters or your parent. I pray karma should locate you. If your job is to speak hate, and want a particular tribe to suffer just because you are comfortable with the evils happening. May your days filled with sorrow and as you are making the blood money from people suffering, may you keep lacking all the days of your life.

I want one Nigeria but hate , envy , lies and cures wont bring the one nigeria, nobody is a slave nobody or government last forever.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Kills Wife, Commits Suicide In Delta / Suspected Robbers Shoot Benue Poly Lecturer Dead For Daring Them / Indigenes Of Neighboring Community Prints Fake Obituary Posters For FUTO VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.