Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) (85493 Views)

Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) / Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me / Driver Weeps As His Passenger Is Trapped In The Ikoyi Collapsed Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by LifeOfTrigga(m): 7:01am On Nov 03, 2021
ecomalchemist:

I just had a severe headache trying to read what you just typed.

Maybe you are in Afghanistan
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by LifeOfTrigga(m): 7:04am On Nov 03, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

So it's confirmed that he is under the rubble?

Yeah the building actually waited for him

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by LifeOfTrigga(m): 7:07am On Nov 03, 2021
Le2money:
Well, I will advice you to go through his text again......from his quote, you will realize he used the word ( from what he heard ) so that means he didn't say it directly....he only said what he heard and as to regard the stinginess, well I don't think he has seeked for his help as well ...so, please read comments properly before quoting. Lastly, you said did they keep money in his pocket? Wow......that's extremely bad word to use, even though no matter how u help people, they will still say u never helped. But, mind you....if you have today, you were given so you can assist others too and that's why the white has something called "HELPER" and "PHILANTHROPIST" listed inside the dictionary.

OnGod!
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by YourFavorite21(m): 7:30am On Nov 03, 2021
Every day we are faced with more than 1000 ways to die in this shit hole country,
Nigeria has failed them. angry
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by wink2015(m): 7:48am On Nov 03, 2021
Maxymilliano:
cry

The only crime dey commit na to go out looking for what to eat only to met with what ate dem.

THIS LIFE NO BALANCE.
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by pacespot(m): 8:05am On Nov 03, 2021
Since how many days they are just recovering the bodies?
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by Jaqenhghar: 8:08am On Nov 03, 2021
LifeOfTrigga:

Yeah the building actually waited for him
God forgive me but I hope he stays there and is never found
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by LifeOfTrigga(m): 8:12am On Nov 03, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

God forgive me but I hope he stays there and is never found

Smiles but why this kind of words
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by Austine567(m): 8:26am On Nov 03, 2021
Ezemarcel:
Oh! Someone whose time is not ready yet may still be alive till now inside there....

It's well
Chai , really?
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by Jaqenhghar: 8:36am On Nov 03, 2021
LifeOfTrigga:

The people he killed because of his greed are not less human abi.
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by LifeOfTrigga(m): 8:37am On Nov 03, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

The people he killed because of his greed are not less human abi.

Well so you do know him well right?
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by Jaqenhghar: 8:42am On Nov 03, 2021
LifeOfTrigga:

The people he killed due to his greed are not less human abi
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:43am On Nov 03, 2021
Annie001:
Is it normal to still be rescuing for over 24hours?
How do they expect to still recover people alive
Why are they slow like this

Never say never.

A baby was in a soakaway pit for 3 days. She survived.

A remarkable story of a Nigerian fisherman who was in a shipwreck, outside the country. He was underwater, in a tight corner in the wreck for close to two weeks, I think.

Humans can be tough sometimes, and would survive even when not given a chance.

That is why we will always have remarkable stories.
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by Jaqenhghar: 8:44am On Nov 03, 2021
LifeOfTrigga:

Well so you do know him well right?
Do I need to know him?
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by Xpol: 8:45am On Nov 03, 2021
I’ve worked in a construction company in an advanced country so anytime I see how our tall/towers building are being constructed here in Nigeria I’m always scared of even passing by
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by kutashi: 9:09am On Nov 03, 2021
Heramu:
And aso Rock did not collapse ontop mannequin

Because he doesn't collect like your father!
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by Stanchem029: 9:10am On Nov 03, 2021
Focej:
May God have Mercy

I'm personally giving out loan to few people here on Nairaland for business purpose. I wish to startup a loan shark business but want to test my knowledge here on Nairaland first and see how it goes before going fully into it. Hence i want to start with 3 million here as a test and see how it goes and how profitable it is. Maximum amount I'm giving out to a person is 500k. Minimum is 100k. I have done an intensive research from various loan companies and I know how it works and I heard it's profitable. My loan terms include:

* NO COLLATERAL
* INTENSIVE VERIFICATION PROCESS
* LOAN FOR BUSINESS PURPOSE ONLY.
* EVERY STATE IN NIGERIA IS WELCOME
* MONTHLY INTEREST RATE OF 3%
* LOAN MAXIMUM DURATION REPAID PERIOD OF NOT MORE THAN 6 MONTHS.
* PHYSICAL VERIFICATION APPLIED WHERE NEEDED.

Chat me up on WhatsApp @ 091SCAM

Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by seguno2: 10:08am On Nov 03, 2021
SUCKCESSFUL:
God in your mercy.

Imagine going out to work and not being able to come back home again. cry

If you know tomorrow you'll live everyday like your last, and make every moment a blast.

Make every moment a blast?
How will this help overcome this type of risk in our communities
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by Annie001: 10:48am On Nov 03, 2021
Chummynoni:
it is not something that can be rushed. They need to be careful so as not to crush those trapped underneath while removing the debris. This can take up to a week or more.
So sad!
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 03, 2021
NoToPile:

This is why I personally feel suspending the GM Lasbaca ( though a smart and good move) is not the solution, the officers, Head of Lasbaca for VI, all those ones that do inspection too should be sanctioned.

But then again looking at the location Osborne even if a level 8 monitoring officer reports to his District boss that this house is not fit enough and has flouted what was approved would the head do anything ?no, not because he doesn't know what is right but because those who own houses in that location are very very rich and most likely close to people in the corridor of power so everybody will just fem, nobody wants to get a query for doing what is right so most times they look away.

I am not ruling out the officers collecting money from the developer, to some of these people they will be like 'its not like anything will be done to him, we will write our report , we know nothing will be done because of the calibre of people involved let's collect it and look away' .

Now let's even assume the boss is a zealous one, once he begins to make moves to seal the building calls begin to come in from any and everywhere , pressure will be much and the guy who doesnt want to offend people that matter will let it slide ,Mr Governor won't be there that time oooo.

Its a deep cycle, a mess the Nigerian system does not even permit you to do the right thing most of the time even when you do, depending on who is involved, nothing may come out of it.

Our problem is systemic.Until anybody that flouts the law can get sanctioned without fear of harassing the officers that did the job we won't move ahead in times of compliance.

People who work in govt agencies especially regulatory agencies will understand perfectly

Our problem in Nigeria is a collective problem. The big man will use his contacts to flout the law, the poor civil servant who actually wants to do his job will comply for fear of losing his job or advancement, in the end he realises his efforts are only as good as the system he works in, so he complies and collects his bribe "how much are they paying me, i cant kill myself". So the cycle continues. We run a endemically corrupt system and I'm afraid it's hard to fix. Our system is based on connections and sentiment, it is part of the Nigerian pysche. Until at least half of Nigerians in positions of Authority, police, civil service, govt, etc etc can say if you do not follow the rules you cannot get xxxx... whether you are a relative, a big man, my tribes man, my fellow church goer etc etc, we are not going anywhere. Can you really see that happening?
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by tete7000(m): 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
talk2hb1:
Those dead are artisans, hustling for their daily bread
The owner is still under the rubble
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by davillian(m): 1:20pm On Nov 03, 2021
One thing that breaks me, is when people die @ place were they hustle legitimately....
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by faceland: 2:09pm On Nov 03, 2021
3rdavefarms:

But you should have used google before asking me to proof what is not sir !

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57651025.amp

I didn't know. Could believe they would let a building rut in a developed country were they can be sued to bankruptcy.

May God protect us (especially those in Lagos).
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by faceland: 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
lexy2014:

Happened in Florida just this year but it was a completed building. Obviously had some defects which were ignored

Sincerely didn't know they can be that careless over there.
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by NoToPile: 8:19pm On Nov 03, 2021
perambulator:

Our problem in Nigeria is a collective problem. The big man will use his contacts to flout the law, the poor civil servant who actually wants to do his job will comply for fear of losing his job or advancement, in the end he realises his efforts are only as good as the system he works in, so he complies and collects his bribe "how much are they paying me, i cant kill myself". So the cycle continues. We run a endemically corrupt system and I'm afraid it's hard to fix. Our system is based on connections and sentiment, it is part of the Nigerian pysche. Until at least half of Nigerians in positions of Authority, police, civil service, govt, etc etc can say if you do not follow the rules you cannot get xxxx... whether you are a relative, a big man, my tribes man, my fellow church goer etc etc, we are not going anywhere. Can you really see that happening?

Not in the nearest future
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by otipoju(m): 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
LifeOfTrigga:

Wa ogbeni chill nah, shey Na your family member or mine? You just be mumu, shey person for family fit just got one small issue and then come meet you say e pikin wan pay for school tuition cos e no hold say make e help but dey give advice say make the pikin go stay for house and no be say e no get the money but just give that kind of advice!

Mind you the building was waiting for him before it collapsed and they were other building there too like two extra of the same but why’s it the one he is at that went down! Huh e be like you no sabi ijebu people
Na people like him you be I see

Even person Wey dey do native stuffs among our family din see m say e hand no really clean you dey talk shit and mind you even while talking among family members about the incident one of the elder said the death worth him that they have never seen someone as stingy he is!
Some people are bless to be able to bless the family! Cos Na from there everybody go dey balance!

If I get money pass him tomorrow I go help a lot of people and I won’t mind if even I did die while doing it.

Do you even know Femi at all ? Have you ever spoken with him. Femi travels to churches worldwide preaching about faith in God. For such a man everybody go wan open office for him head. I myself have made a vow to stop helping people i know who most times just want to sit back for you to be feeding them. Them don take my eye see pepper and i have had enough.

Femi is not known for generousity as he preaches that God and not man is your helper...but he actually gives a lot to full time clergymen and churches all over the world.

At least he gave my two people he did not have any personal relationship with over $500 without them asking .

#fu***k family members. Asking you for money as if its their right. If you send them message, them go stll cheat you. Hi e them 20 times, no wahala. The day you tell them no...you become an evil person
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by 3rdavefarms(m): 7:54am On Nov 05, 2021
faceland:

I didn't know. Could believe they would let a building rut in a developed country were they can be sued to bankruptcy.

May God protect us (especially those in Lagos).

Amen

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 12, 2021
babzo:

Still the same thing man. So people only dash for hospital and school fees? Seriously? Be real man.
And you that gave birth to children, why didn't you plan for their school fees all the years they were growing up? You have kids and want someone else to take care of them?

And for health, what happened to health insurance? I know class groups (alumni) who pay group insurance with 12k a year that covers almost everything if they get sick. Of course, Insurance is what you do when you well, before you get sick.

But you people will always spend your money on beer, suya and clothes and be expecting one rich relative to dash you money to flenjure

Go work man. Let's make Nigeria great.

Hello

It's the guy that asked of your products
Re: Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) by jaysam28: 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
this is really bad for the nigeria building industry and also for people who do nigeria houses design

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja / Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive / Lady Shares Photos Of Dirty House Of A Benin 'Big Boy' She Visited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.