Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc (1579 Views)

Suggest An SUV Of 2m To Buy For My Wife / What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. / Great And Affordable Car Dealership Deals In Nigeria... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by lordkrato(m): 4:15pm On Nov 03, 2021
Hello everyone.

In every thing one does, i believe knowledge is important no matter how much one knows already. That being said, i'd like to know which models for cars one can look out for when buying a car as a first timer.

We can agree that the most common brands to look at are the Toyota and Honda brands, perhaps nissan as well for the aspects of being maintainable.

However, i'd appreciate if some experts in the house can share more information about such.
Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by nurey(m): 4:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
As a first timer, a Mercedes benz G63 V12 biturbo 2021 with bullet proof is a very good first timer vehicle.

Just cost around 350million naira.

6 Likes

Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by lordkrato(m): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2021
nurey:
As a first timer, a Mercedes benz G63 V12 biturbo 2021 with bullet proof is a very good first timer vehicle.

Nice, Nice.

Interesting suggestion mate..
Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by Kingdemu: 5:36pm On Nov 03, 2021
nurey:

cheesy cheesy
Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by Grupo(m): 8:09am On Nov 04, 2021
lordkrato:
Hello everyone.

In every thing one does, i believe knowledge is important no matter how much one knows already. That being said, i'd like to know which models for cars one can look out for when buying a car as a first timer.

We can agree that the most common brands to look at are the Toyota and Honda brands, perhaps nissan as well for the aspects of being maintainable.

However, i'd appreciate if some experts in the house can share more information about such.

State your budget so people know how to advise you.
Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by skywalker240(m): 11:00am On Nov 04, 2021
What about we that have max 500k?

having 2000 corolla or 2003 civic or 2006 yaris in mind.

excellent condition naija used oo. (scratches head) grin
Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by lordkrato(m): 11:02am On Nov 04, 2021
Grupo:

State your budget so people know how to advise you.

Okay. Between 1m - 2.5m would be ideal
Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by RZArecta(m): 9:36pm On Nov 04, 2021
lordkrato:

2003-2007 Volvo S60, a clean '08-'10 Honda Civic, Peugeot 407 in pristine condition

1 Like

Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by buygala(m): 7:00pm On Nov 05, 2021
lordkrato:

Whatever it is you do as a first time car owner, please stay away from Peugeot,Mercedes, and BMW vehicles..these Vehicles are for the most part, unecessarily complicated and thus prone to electrical issues that if care is not taken, can make you envy those trekking...

Stay very close to Toyota and Honda Vehicles..this is because their set-up is less complicated, their mechanics abound, and they are relatively forgiving towards abuse and lackadaisical maintainance..

Maybe when you have owned and maintained a vehicle for a while and honed your account balance and vehicle maintenance game, then maybe you can dabble into the murky waters of owning a Peugeot, BMW or Mercedes...

Nb...the above applies only if you plan to drive the said vehicle in Nigeria...if not, kindly ignore smiley

2 Likes

Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by remi1444: 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2021
buygala:

Whatever it is you do as a first time car owner, please stay away from Peugeot,Mercedes, and BMW vehicle..these Vehicles are for the most part, unecessarily complicated and thus prone to electrical issues that if care is not taken, can make you envy those trekking...

Stay very close to Toyota and Honda Vehicles..this is because their set-up is less complicated, their mechanics abound, and they are relatively forgiving towards abuse and lackadaisical maintainance..

Maybe when you have owned and maintained a vehicle for a while and honed your account balance and vehicle maintenance game, then maybe you can dabble into the murky waters of owning a Peugeot, BMW or Mercedes...

Nb...the above applies only if you plan to drive the said vehicle in Nigeria...if not, kindly ignore smiley
And my intention is to buy the BMW M5 as my first car in future cry
Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by ehmmy11(m): 9:12pm On Nov 05, 2021
skywalker240:
What about we that have max 500k?

having 2000 corolla or 2003 civic or 2006 yaris in mind.

Have you seen the prices of used cars lately lol
Go for 1999 civic

https://www.nairaland.com/6804496/naija-used-toyota-camry-orobo
Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by skywalker240(m): 10:59am On Nov 06, 2021
ehmmy11:

Have you seen the prices of used cars lately lol
Go for 1999 civic

https://www.nairaland.com/6804496/naija-used-toyota-camry-orobo

Honestly Sir, i dont fancy that 1999 civic, but i prefer the 02/03 model above even a 2003 corolla

sad, would have to up my budget then. Thanks
Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by ehmmy11(m): 11:06am On Nov 06, 2021
skywalker240:

Honestly Sir, i dont fancy that 1999 civic, but i prefer the 02/03 model above even a 2003 corolla

sad, would have to up my budget then. Thanks

It’s not like your budget can’t get those cars but you will be having constant headaches on repairs

03 Corolla ? You would triple your budget

Good luck……
Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by skywalker240(m): 12:16pm On Nov 06, 2021
ehmmy11:

It’s not like your budget can’t get those cars but you will be having constant headaches on repairs

03 Corolla ? You would triple your budget

Good luck……
grin

@ Bolded, i meant if i was offered a 2003 toyota corolla or a 2002 honda civic, i would gladly pick the civic. cool

and i know the corolla is quite expensive (overpriced imo though)

but you have spoken the plain truth, and thats what am battling my mind with at this moment. Constant headache on repairs i mean

this is what am contemplating now
Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by lordkrato(m): 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2021
buygala:

Whatever it is you do as a first time car owner, please stay away from Peugeot,Mercedes, and BMW vehicles..these Vehicles are for the most part, unecessarily complicated and thus prone to electrical issues that if care is not taken, can make you envy those trekking...

Very good analysis mate.

I've gotten a recommendation that it's better to buy an SUV than a Saloon if you're running on Lagos / Nigerian roads as you'll avoid bumps to the bottom of the vehicle etc.
Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by ehmmy11(m): 8:38pm On Nov 06, 2021
skywalker240:

grin

@ Bolded, i meant if i was offered a 2003 toyota corolla or a 2002 honda civic, i would gladly pick the civic. cool

and i know the corolla is quite expensive (overpriced imo though)

but you have spoken the plain truth, and thats what am battling my mind with at this moment. Constant headache on repairs i mean

this is what am contemplating now

It’s good you tell yourself the truth majority of Nigerians only sell their cars wen it’s faulty only few sell based on honesty ..

You will exercise a lot of patience and seek for true owners not dealers also have in mind that you would spend money to put it in shape

Btw that 02 civic not common again why not up budget and get 06

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc by alphabbey1(m): 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2021
lordkrato:
Hello everyone.

as a first timer, go and buy Lexus

(1) (Reply)

Getting My First Car This Month. Advise Me Please / First Body 2004 Nissan Sentra Sport Edition For 400k / Black Panther Lexus Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.