Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,048 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited (2311 Views)

PAN Nigeria Limited Begins The Production Of Higer Bus / Chief Ade-Ojo Of Elizade Spotted Behind The Wheels Of A Tiger Avon Race-Car / Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by kunkelhanspeter(m): 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2021
Just coming back from ELIZADE NIGERIA LIMITED to make inquiries about they service I want to know if they services is good and if anyone have use them here what are your experience with them. And if the engine oil they use to service car is ok.

Thinking of going there to service my car as they are Toyota recommended dealers and car servicing in Nigeria
Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by Maxymilliano(m): 4:24pm On Nov 03, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:
Just coming back from ELIZADE NIGERIA LIMITED to make inquiries about they service I want to know if they services is good and if anyone have use them here what are your experience with them. And if the engine oil they use to service car is ok.
Elizade is Toyota, Toyota is Elizade ... Hope this answer your question ?
Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by kunkelhanspeter(m): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Elizade is Toyota, Toyota is Elizade ... Hope this answer your question ?
Not really
Just want to know if anyone have use them before and if the oil they use to service car is okay and your experience
Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by RoyalBoutique(m): 5:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Not really
Just want to know if anyone have use them before and if the oil they use to service car is okay and your experience

Yeah, use them alot, in Abuja.

They're quite expensive though, because they claim to use only materials sent by Toyota HQ.

e.g normal breakpad that sells for N6k, they sell theirs N36k because it's original.

Although they might be right, because my breakpads haven't worn off in almost two years!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by kunkelhanspeter(m): 5:52pm On Nov 03, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

They're quite expensive though, because they claim to use only materials sent by Toyota HQ.

e.g normal breakpad that sells for N6k, they sell theirs N36k because it's original.

Although they might be right, because my breakpads haven't worn off in almost two years!

If the break pads haven’t worn off for almost two years is it not better than change every 3-6 months.

they gave me this list just to service car not that bad though instead of buying mobile 1 and give it to roadside mechanic.

3 Shares

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by Kingdemu: 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

If the break pads haven’t worn off for almost two years is it not better than change every 3-6 months.

they gave me this list just to service car not that bad though instead of buying mobile 1 and give it to roadside mechanic.
What kind of car is it that they want to use N9k 20w50 oil to service.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by Presegs(m): 6:25pm On Nov 03, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

The engine oil quote is low, though! !!
The price of the filter seems high.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by diportivo: 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

see oyel grin
Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by kunkelhanspeter(m): 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
Kingdemu:
What kind of car is it that they want to use N9k 20w50 oil to service.
Is it about the price of or the quality?
Remember they are Toyota authorized dealers in Nigeria
Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by kunkelhanspeter(m): 6:47pm On Nov 03, 2021
Presegs:

The engine oil quote is low, though! !!
The price of the filter seems high.
The same thing I was thinking about the oil.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by homeboy205: 6:49pm On Nov 03, 2021
Omo normal Dubai Mobil 1 expensive pass this oil quote. Must be 20w50

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by buygala(m): 7:03pm On Nov 03, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Thinking of going there to service my car as they are Toyota recommended dealers and car servicing in Nigeria

My boss uses Elizade for servicing all his cars...so far so good...the few times I have driven his cars, they seem to be in peak condition ..he buys them brand new from Elizade and has a standing agreement with them for swapping them for the latest model every 3 years...so I guess they have an interest in keeping the vehicle in mint condition since na their hand the motor go land laslas grin...even though I think it will take a lot of neglect for a mint Toyota vehicle being driven majorly around the posh areas in Abuja, Lagos and Port-Harcourt to go real bad within 3 years smiley...so I don't think Elizade has to do much to keep his vehicles mint for 3 years after sale as mint smiley

I as his employee, use Kazeem for servicing my own car..dem no born me and my account balance well to go Elizade grin...so far so good as well...my vehicle is in peak condition..I got my honda evil spirit toks and look after it as well as I can afford to...what I can afford being my Kazeem smiley ....Kazeem keeps my car running at very little expense...even though sometimes,for 4 months, I have no reason to visit his garage grin..

Point is...when you get to that point in life when you can comfortably afford some 'expensive' services, go right ahead and do it...Money is made to be spent...the kind of people you will be likely to meet while lounging at Elizade sure won't be the same kind you will meet while patronizing Musbau at his under-tree workshop...

The reason why some people patronize Elizade is the same reason why some people lunch at Mama put, some at Jevniks, while some won't eat if it isn't from the Hilton grin...Lunch na lunch ...But some lunch are more lunch than others smiley

E get level wey u go reach wey dem no suppose see ur motor for Kazeem place...it just has to be Elizade or nothing....that's the prestige that comes with growth...don't stifle it if you have grown so big that you can afford brand new vehicles that of course naturally require after-sales support from these big mechs smiley

Besides, you don't wanna hand over for example, a 2021 Prado to a random Kazeem who is very likely going to work on that model of vehicle for the 1st time...na your motor e go use learn how to fix that model grin

E get the kind late model of vehicle wey u go get that it makes perfect sense to leave its servicing to its maker's recommended mechs in order to avoid your vehicle becoming a guinea pig in the hands of our Kazeems who are not well acquainted with the new tech and workings of these very recent vehicles.

These big mech franchises have access to manufacturer software, updates and tools that Kazeem will never have in 600 years..so for some models of vehicles, it's better to stick with them until the vehicle has been around long enough for Kazeems to use those of unfortunate owners to do trial and error and finally arrive at some sort of expertise regarding them..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Yup, it's way better!

Your list is ok, go with it and have peace of mind.

Those guys know what they're doing.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
buygala:

My boss uses Elizade for servicing all his cars...so far so good...the few times I have driven his cars, they seem to be in peak condition ..he buys them brand new from Elizade and has a standing agreement with them for swapping them for the latest model every 3 years...so I guess they have an interest in keeping the vehicle in mint condition since na their hand the motor go land laslas grin...even though I think it will take a lot of neglect for a mint Toyota vehicle being driven majorly around the posh areas in Abuja, Lagos and Port-Harcourt to go real bad within 3 years smiley...so I don't think Elizade has to do much to keep his vehicles mint for 3 years after sale as mint smiley

I as his employee, use Kazeem for servicing my own car..dem no born me and my account balance well to go Elizade grin...so far so good as well...my vehicle is in peak condition..I got my honda evil spirit toks and look after it as well as I can afford to...what I can afford being my Kazeem smiley ....Kazeem keeps my car running at very little expense...even though sometimes,for 4 months, I have no reason to visit his garage grin..

Point is...when you get to that point in life when you can comfortably afford some 'expensive' services, go right ahead and do it...Money is made to be spent...the kind of people you will be likely to meet while lounging at Elizade sure won't be the same kind you will meet while patronizing Musbau at his under-tree workshop...

The reason why some people patronize Elizade is the same reason why some people lunch at Mama put, some at Jevniks, while some won't eat if it isn't from the Hilton grin...Lunch na lunch ...But some lunch are more lunch than others smiley

E get level wey u go reach wey dem no suppose see ur motor for Kazeem place...it just has to be Elizade or nothing....that's the prestige that comes with growth...don't stifle it if you have grown so big that you can afford brand new vehicles that of course naturally require after-sales support from these big mechs smiley

Besides, you don't wanna hand over for example, a 2021 Prado to a random Kazeem who is very likely going to work on that model of vehicle for the 1st time...na your motor e go use learn how to fix that model grin

E get the kind late model of vehicle wey u go get that it makes perfect sense to leave its servicing to its maker's recommended mechs in order to avoid your vehicle becoming a guinea pig in the hands of our Kazeems who are not well acquainted with the new tech and workings of these very recent vehicles.

These big mech franchises have access to manufacturer software, updates and tools that Kazeem will never have in 600 years..so for some models of vehicles, it's better to stick with them until the vehicle has been around long enough for Kazeems to use those of unfortunate owners to do trial and error and finally arrive at some sort of expertise regarding them..

Thanks man am going there tomorrow morning am driving Avalon 2014.
Kazeems like you said I gave for service last week Monday menh the engine sound change that why I want to go to Toyota company to do it there .
Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by Kingdemu: 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Is it about the price of or the quality?
Remember they are Toyota authorized dealers in Nigeria
My question is what kind of car is it that a dealership will service with such oil? We all know you can't get a good full synthetic oil with that amount so I humbly repeat my question, what kind of car are we talking about here?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by kunkelhanspeter(m): 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
Kingdemu:
My question is what car of car is it that a dealership will service with such oil? We all know you can get a good full synthetic oil with that amount so I humbly repeat my question, what kind of car are we talking about here?

Avalon 2014.
Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by diportivo: 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2021
Kingdemu:
My question is what car of car is it that a dealership will service with such oil? We all know you can get a good full synthetic oil with that amount so I humbly repeat my question, what kind of car are we talking about here?

he's going there tmr

it's too late to do anything embarassed
Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by melviniyke2002(m): 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

d oil quote surely no be full synthetic. Labour 10k for oil change n filter....hmmmmm.I better buy American direct full synthetic oil(25k plus) from dru23 n go total lube n change for 1k or 2k.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by Kingdemu: 10:34pm On Nov 03, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Avalon 2014.
With N9k engine oil (most probably 20w50 non synthetic)? Good luck cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by Kingdemu: 10:35pm On Nov 03, 2021
diportivo:

he's going there tmr

I wish him luck
Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:28am On Nov 04, 2021
diportivo:

he's going there tmr

Are you trying to tell me TOYOTA ELIZADE NIGERIA LIMITED will use fake oil to service car?
Toyota authorized dealer?
Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:28am On Nov 04, 2021
Kingdemu:
I wish him luck

Are you trying to tell me TOYOTA ELIZADE NIGERIA LIMITED will use fake oil to service car?
Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by DukeNija(m): 12:45am On Nov 04, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

They’ll damage your engine with that oil quote. A little research will go a long way. Tell them you wish to buy your own oil and see what they have to say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by dru23(m): 1:19am On Nov 04, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Going to the dealership for certain things for the car can be overrated. Simple things like oil change, I will either buy my own oil and take it to dealership or take it to my local mechanic. When it comes to original parts I will go to dealership to buy the parts and than take it to my local mechanic to fix ...........certain things that only a dealership can do........ I don't want to bore u with my Do's and Don'ts of dealership .......

So let me analyze your bill .........

1. The cost of engine oil needs more questions than answers. Dealership are known to cut cost on certain services. Engine oil is 1 of them. They usually buy their oil in big drums. Me I rather my own oil and take it to them to change. You need to ask what type of oil is been used. And my guess here is 20w50 was used and this is not the recommended oil.

When using 20w50 u have to change the oil more often. So your car will be due for another oil service pretty soon by them grin this is how they make money. Now if u had used full synthetic oil , it might take u another 6 months for oil change or 10k miles........

2. The Oil Filter....am curious to know the type of oil filter that was used for that amount. Dealership do not invest in high quality oil filter. They buy the cheapest brand as much as possible. Now am not saying that it will not work o. But it will cost them like for example 2k naira and than sell it to for 6k ..... So next time you go for oil change u will be bill for another oil filter grin. This is how they make money again.
Pic 1... The Oil filter in the picture is Mobil 1 high end filter. This filter is good for 15k miles oil change. They are high quality. I usually sell them for about 8k naira. This are special request or orders. And I can bet money that this not the filters they are using for your car ..........by the time you Elizade change filters 2 or 3 times . The Mobil 1 filters that my customers are using will still be good .. You would have change filters 2 or 3 times before my customers changes theirs...........

At the end my brother you think u are saving money . You are not really saving anything..... It has now become " the more you look the less you see" scenario ..... .....

We are always at your service when you need us ......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by dru23(m): 1:23am On Nov 04, 2021
DukeNija:

They’ll damage your engine with that oil quote. A little research will go a long way. Tell them you wish to buy your own oil and see what they have to say.

Correct my brother.. Even me in Yankee I buy own oil and take it to either my local mechanic or dealership .And they only charge me for labour . which can cost between $ 15 to $30...those engine oil in the drums I don't trust it at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by dru23(m): 1:40am On Nov 04, 2021
melviniyke2002:
d oil quote surely no be full synthetic. Labour 10k for oil change n filter....hmmmmm.I better buy American direct full synthetic oil(25k plus) from dru23 n go total lube n change for 1k or 2k.....

Sir u have been a loyal customer for over 4yrs .. We at dru23 will not let u spend 25k plus on oil

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by kingreign(m): 7:00am On Nov 04, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

Make I no talk wetin some of my customers dey see for some high end stealership,also make I no talk where we dey buy some of our parts for customers cars where all of us dey jam.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:04am On Nov 04, 2021
kingreign:

Make I no talk wetin some of my customers dey see for some high end stealership,also make I no talk where we dey buy some of our parts for customers cars where all of us dey jam.

Not to worry, I have my trusted mechanic who actually studied automobile engineering.

Stays in apo mechanic village.

He's damn good.

Never fixes the same thing twice.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by kingreign(m): 7:08am On Nov 04, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

Not to worry, I have my trusted mechanic who actually studied automobile engineering.

Stays in apo mechanic village.

He's damn good.

Never fixes the same thing twice.
I think I have a copy of list of ridiculously silly things that was handed over to a client by some stealership some years back just to fix an ABS light on a 2013 corolla bought from them. Which by the way, wasn't still fixed and the owner was billed close to 2m.

How much did I eventually fix the error?

₦15,000 for a brand new sensor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:11am On Nov 04, 2021
kingreign:
I think I have a copy of list of ridiculously silly things that was handed over to a client by some stealership some years back just to fix an ABS light on a 2013 corolla bought from them. Which by the way, wasn't still fixed and the owner was billed close to 2m.

How much did I eventually fix the error?

₦15,000 for a brand new sensor.

I feel you die.

The only reason I went there was because I bought the car newly and didn't want anyhow mechanic to touch it .

After that break pad stuff, I deleted them from my life.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by adanny01(m): 7:47am On Nov 04, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Not necessarily fake, substandard kind of. The problem is they never let you know what they use.

I bet you, they use what all fleet managers use in Nigeria, bulk oil.

For that 9k price you see, you can be sure that atleast 3k is on top. So the actual value of the oil is like 6k. That puts it at the bulk oil price since there is no 20W50 for 6k currently.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited by adanny01(m): 7:55am On Nov 04, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

Thanks man am going there tomorrow morning am driving Avalon 2014.
Kazeems like you said I gave for service last week Monday menh the engine sound change that why I want to go to Toyota company to do it there .

I advise you to stay away from where government cars are serviced. You no be government. The same stick they will measure for the government is what they will for.

We all know dealerships are not reliable problem solvers all over the world. Their 1st business is to sell cars, the 2nd business is to pretend to solve your problem with high end tools.

When you eventually have a real mechanical problem, Elizade wont be there for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Most Expensive 2015 Cars In The World / Traffic Offences In Nigeria And Penalties By FRSC / 2006 Corolla Vibrates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.