Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients (7947 Views)

I Have A SMALL Deal For Graphic Designers / List Of The Best Cost Effective Laptops For Graphic Designers And Developers / Whatsapp Group For Professional, Mobile Photographers And Graphic Designers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by erad(m): 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hi guys,
I'm erad of eraddesigns.

These are tips I think of every once in a while.
But rather than wait till they are in bulk,
I put them down in bits as they come.

Please enjoy,
And let me know what you think.
Positive or negative.

Please visit https://www.nairaland.com/5650151/nairaland-portfolio-logo-designers
for awesome logo design inspiration and designers to work on your next project.

Thank you.

Here we go...

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by erad(m): 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
Two...

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by erad(m): 9:27am On Nov 08, 2021

1 Like

Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Evaromantik1(m): 4:56am On Nov 09, 2021
Am not a graphics designer but that "Check on your clients routinely" is something everyone should apply in their business/ job.

I dey use am tie clients down.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by AkProsper(m): 5:09am On Nov 09, 2021
The service of a graphics designer is sometimes underrated. Personally if a client doesn't make any financial commitment, I don't bother myself opening any software for draft or do anything.

6 Likes

Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Boogyman557: 5:10am On Nov 09, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Oladoyin100(m): 5:12am On Nov 09, 2021
Great piece

3 Likes

Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by amiibaby(f): 5:18am On Nov 09, 2021
Nice
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Noble1000(m): 5:24am On Nov 09, 2021
That 24hours before delivery..hmm
Some Nigerian clients will not give you time oo

I have worked for someone who insisted dat i should deliver her logo within 3hours.. That she needs it urgently..

I was like u need it urgently but u are just contacting me now.
Pls give me time to do ur work well.
She was like.. ''Will u do it or i should move..?''

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Stephen0mozzy: 5:32am On Nov 09, 2021
grin You have spoken the true gospel Sire!

Addition:

There's never an end to learning, the more you learn, the better you're able to satisfy your clients' needs.

[*] Be open to discussing possible modifications in your client's brief, especially regarding grammar - those "is instead of it's", "am instead of I am/I'm" kind of people.

[*] When a client approaches you with terrible designs in their head i.e i need a logo with a man holding Jesus Christ; be open to encouraging them why a logo should be what it is...an identity; if possible show them a draft. They would value your input and possibly trust your knowledge and experience even much more - if they insist, then you decide whether to pass or take it

5 Likes

Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by adefemi007(m): 5:59am On Nov 09, 2021
Also designing isn't easy, some clients will say is it not just to put things together? I tell them to do it themselves then

3 Likes

Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by demzey(m): 6:28am On Nov 09, 2021
Very insightful, I hope I get better in logo designs,
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Ademola47(m): 6:28am On Nov 09, 2021
It's not by advising them alone; some people just want a replica, or rather simulation of design they've seen somewhere (else before).

Even when someone try advising them professionally , they believe that's what they want.
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Tenshades(m): 6:35am On Nov 09, 2021
Noble1000:
That 24hours before delivery..hmm
Some Nigerian clients will not give you time oo

I have worked for someone who insisted dat i should deliver her logo within 3hours.. That she needs it urgently..

I was like u need it urgently but u are just contacting me now.
Pls give me time to do ur work well.
She was like.. ''Will u do it or i should move..?''

You should have told her to move...

Such client tends to be a pain in the asss sometimes.

Any client who wants to rush me should rather shift.

Kolewerk grin
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by donMIG(m): 6:41am On Nov 09, 2021
I wish to learn.... But I no get system
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by RICHOLAC(m): 6:47am On Nov 09, 2021
God bless you � OP. Please is there any better App for Logo creation, either in Android or for Windows 7,8 formats?
For instance I have this Android app that has helped me alot in creating Fliers, flex designs etc using my TecnoSpark. I have made alot of Fortune designing with it.
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Arizonaz: 6:53am On Nov 09, 2021

1 Like

Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by jospepper(m): 7:01am On Nov 09, 2021
RICHOLAC:
God bless you � OP. Please is there any better App for Logo creation, either in Android or for Windows 7,8 formats?
For instance I have this Android app that has helped me alot in creating Fliers, flex designs etc using my TecnoSpark. I have made alot of Fortune designing with it.
good day sir, what's the name of this app?
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Jh0wsef(m): 7:03am On Nov 09, 2021
Nice.
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by neighbourhud: 7:12am On Nov 09, 2021
RICHOLAC:
What's the name please
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Olam09(m): 7:24am On Nov 09, 2021
erad:
Hi guys,
I'm erad of eraddesigns.

These are tips I think of every once in a while.
But rather than wait till they are in bulk,
I put them down in bits as they come.

Please enjoy,
And let me know what you think.
Positive or negative.

Please visit https://www.nairaland.com/5650151/nairaland-portfolio-logo-designers
for awesome logo design inspiration and designers to work on your next project.

Thank you.

Here we go...
I'm a graphic designer, but pretty good in logo designing too but not that good sha.
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Olajydeey: 7:32am On Nov 09, 2021
I want to learn UI/UX anyone to Mentor me? cry
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Nehyooh(m): 7:58am On Nov 09, 2021
Ademola47:
It's not by advising them alone; some people just want a replica, or rather simulation of design they've seen somewhere (else before).

Even when someone try advising them professionally , they believe that's what they want.
Some clients are just funny, I'm experiencing this presently grin
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Nehyooh(m): 8:09am On Nov 09, 2021
Thanks for these !

Logo Design shouldn't be too complicated and generic, but rather Simple, Distinctive Memorable and Appropriate for it use.

Some clients just want to copy a logo they saw elsewhere, forgetting it's just an "identity" and must not contain much.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by TheStrongest: 8:26am On Nov 09, 2021
The very important TIP...

Avoid pricing yourself cheap. The people that underpays you give you the most headache.
They think they are very smart.. Avoid such people in your business

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by lacasera14(m): 8:31am On Nov 09, 2021
Nigerian clients are very difficult to deal with especially females. Insatiable. Always wanting fine things with fine colors. No sense of brand identity. Just asthestics. Pssk..

1 Like

Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Jh0wsef(m): 8:38am On Nov 09, 2021
lacasera14:
Nigerian clients are very difficult to deal with especially females. Insatiable. Always wanting fine things with fine colors. No sense of brand identity. Just asthestics. Pssk..

You have said nothing far from the truth bro.
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Damzy101(m): 8:39am On Nov 09, 2021
donMIG:
I wish to learn.... But I no get system

Have you considered phone graphics ? cool
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Jonreal(m): 8:44am On Nov 09, 2021
Nice tips
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by GreatAchiever1: 8:47am On Nov 09, 2021
E b like say I go consider this graphic design career path even if na part-time
Re: Tips For Graphic Designers & Clients by Jh0wsef(m): 8:55am On Nov 09, 2021
Damzy101:

Have you considered phone graphics ? cool

Omo na phone me don dey use for 3 years now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sexy Africa / Post Your Graphic Works, So We Can Motivate, Learn And Correct / How Much Do You Charge For Video Editing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.