Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Phone Engineers Pls Help On Bb Curve 8520 Software Upgrade Issues - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Engineers Pls Help On Bb Curve 8520 Software Upgrade Issues (2057 Views)

Unlocking Trial Version Of Repligo Reader 2.1.0.1 On Bb / Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone Engineers Pls Help On Bb Curve 8520 Software Upgrade Issues by geosegun(m): 10:30pm On Jun 05, 2011
I just did an upgrade on my BB curve 8520 at the computer village. All its application are working fine but was told i can only use it with A week or A month subscription of MTN services unlike b4 that it works with even N100. I bought a week N1000 =BB MTN subscription. I later found out that the Previous FB, whatapp application and Nimbuzz are not working and can't even download another on with the following response.

''WRONG CODE AND NETWORK VERY SLOW''.

Please i need advice on what to do to rectify this. Thank you for your offer of assistance!!
Re: Phone Engineers Pls Help On Bb Curve 8520 Software Upgrade Issues by Akainzo(m): 10:55pm On Jun 05, 2011
@OP, it might just be that the upgrade was badly done. Most people still use tools to upgrade their BB, which was the best way previously but not anymore.

Now you can do it yourself without any issues. Do download the new Desktop Manager from the downloads section of blackberry.com Then download the latest phone software for the curve from the same place. Install both on your laptop, then plug in your curve. Fire ip the DM and voila you'd have the latest update without running fowl of any techie stuff.
Re: Phone Engineers Pls Help On Bb Curve 8520 Software Upgrade Issues by geosegun(m): 3:57am On Jun 06, 2011
Thank you, i will give it a try
Re: Phone Engineers Pls Help On Bb Curve 8520 Software Upgrade Issues by geosegun(m): 4:01am On Jun 06, 2011
Akainzo:

@OP, it might just be that the upgrade was badly done. Most people still use tools to upgrade their BB, which was the best way previously but not anymore.

Now you can do it yourself without any issues. Do download the new Desktop Manager from the downloads section of blackberry.com Then download the latest phone software for the curve from the same place. Install both on your laptop, then plug in your curve. Fire ip the DM and voila you'd have the latest update without running fowl of any techie stuff.

Thank you for your prompt response. God bless you.

please i Don't understand the bolded part. i.e the last sentence- Fire ip the DM and viola. what do you mean by that?
Re: Phone Engineers Pls Help On Bb Curve 8520 Software Upgrade Issues by geosegun(m): 6:01pm On Jun 06, 2011
please more advice are needed!!

(1) (Reply)

Unlock Code For Haier Phone - Airtel Network / Please How Do I Unlock A Visafone Wireless Router? / How To Identify A Fake Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.