Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Lawyers Advice On Refund Of Agency Fees - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lawyers Advice On Refund Of Agency Fees (626 Views)

Refund Of Agency Fees / Lawyers Advice Needee On Resignation Issue / Osun Lawyers In Suit Cutting Grasses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lawyers Advice On Refund Of Agency Fees by OLUFUNK(f): 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2021
LAWYERS IN THE HOUSE, PLS I NEED UR ADVICE.
I PAID AN AGENT A COMMISSION OF #600K(10% OF #6M) FOR GETTING ME A LEASE ON A PROPERTY. AFTER FULL PAYMENT TO D LANDLORD AND AGENT, I WENT FOR RENOVATION OF THE SAID PROPERTY. I DISCOVERED THAT SOMEONE IS ALREADY PLANNING TO PACK IN. I INFORMED THE LANDLORD AND THE AGENT. BUT I LATER LEARNT THAT THE WIFE OF THE LANDLORD RENTED IT OUT WITHOUT D LANDLORD'S CONSENT. COS OF THIS, THE LANDLORD REFUND MY #6M . NOW THE AGENT GOT ME ANOTHER ONE BUT THIS ONE IS #5M WHICH I PAID FOR. THE PROBLEM NOW IS THAT I AM EXPECTING THE AGENT TO REFUND ME #100K FROM THE ONE I PAID HIM BEFORE BUT HE IS INSISTING THAT BY LAW I AM SUPPOSED TO PAY HIM ANOTHRR #500K COS THE #600K I PAID EARLIER IS FOR THE PREVIOUS AGREEMENT. PLS LAWYERS, WHAT DO I SUPPOSED TO DO.
Re: Lawyers Advice On Refund Of Agency Fees by NnamdiN: 1:41pm On Nov 06, 2021
And you've not arrested the agent yet? undecided
Re: Lawyers Advice On Refund Of Agency Fees by ladycn: 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2021
The fact is that you contacted a road side agent and not a professional. The job of the agent is to show you available properties for sale or lease and you are expected to conduct due diligence on any property you wish to lease or buy before making any payment. At this stage, it becomes the job of your lawyer to do so and advise you. This is why smart persons prefer to get their lawyer involved ab initio.

By this, the lawyer "may" engage an agent to suggest properties available for lease or sale and conduct due diligence to ascertain the best property to settle for. The essence of this is to ensure that the property is unencumbered.

In strict sense, the road side agent is not bound to refund you the money you paid him except for professional agents who you may have executed a written agreement with.

I suggest you let go if the agent is not kind enough to refund the balance of #100,000. However, if you have more money to throw away you can involve Police, Lawyers and Courts.

This happens when you fail to do the right thing. While in the process, you didn't mention a lawyer and now that chips are down, you want to involve a Lawyer.
Please send my professional fee biko shocked

(1) (Reply)

My Boss Offered To Be Buying My Undies So He Could Be Sniffing It. / 18 Year Old Obudu Born Blessing Ikung Graduates From US Military School / Amazon KDP Is One High-income-generating Skills You As A Nigerian Youth Needs..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.