Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Android With Dstv Mobile? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android With Dstv Mobile? (3408 Views)

Nokia 5330 Mobile Tv Edition For Dstv Mobile From Mtn / How Do I Connect Nokia 5330(dstv Mobile) To Laptop(hp Pavilon) Or Tv / Mtn Dstv Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android With Dstv Mobile? by youngbobby(m): 12:12am On Jun 06, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I'm in a confused mood right now. I want to get an Android mobile phone but I'm not too sure if any of them support DSTV Mobile? Does anyone have any info relating to this.
Re: Android With Dstv Mobile? by ebizguy(m): 1:09am On Jun 06, 2011
All Android and Symbian phones that have wifi will be able to use the drifta to access DSTV mobile, so basically the drifta will be like the decoder and send the signal to the application on your phone via wifi where you will be watching it.
Re: Android With Dstv Mobile? by Chuckdee(m): 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2011
^^^
Thats not quite correct. Your device just having wifi does not qualify it to work with the drifta, you still need an app for the iphone or a software to be installed on your PC for it to work. DSTV do not have this app yet for the android devices so they are not supported even for the Nokia and black berry fones with wifi, it won't work.

You have to get an IOS enabled device to use the drifta (Ipod, iphone and Ipad) or better still get one of the DVB-H compactible nokia phones and use it w/out the drifta.

Hope this helps.
Re: Android With Dstv Mobile? by youngbobby(m): 4:59am On Jun 08, 2011
Chuckdee:

^^^
Thats not quite correct. Your device just having wifi does not qualify it to work with the drifta, you still need an app for the iphone or a software to be installed on your PC for it to work. DSTV do not have this app yet for the android devices so they are not supported even for the Nokia and black berry fones with wifi, it won't work.

You have to get an IOS enabled device to use the drifta (Ipod, iphone and Ipad) or better still get one of the DVB-H compactible nokia phones and use it w/out the drifta.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Chuck, I thought as much after reading ebizguy's reply. I was thinking that there might be a DVB-H compatible phone that uses Android OS. I don't think any Nokia phone does for now.

Thanks again

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! My Etisalat Bb Subscription On Android Is No Longer Connecting / Hot!!!! Airtel 200 For 20GB Valid For 25days / Please Don't Buy Starlink In Nigeria If You Don't Know About This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.