Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,405 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? (51345 Views)

Some Of The Worst Sky Scrapper, High-Rise Building Collapses In History(Photos) / Whatsapp Group For Real Estate Agents / Top Lies Told By Real Estate Agents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by MariamAlheri: 10:04am On Nov 07, 2021
That's what Ibadan has currently turned to now. The situation is getting worse every day cos of the bad economy.

To avoid being a tenant for life, why not start your landlord journey this year with shikini money? Buy a plot of land in any of our estates this season, pay outright or in installments of 6-24months.

Estate Locations are Lagos, Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Abuja, Nasarawa and Niger States.

Call/whatsApp 08069506169 for site inspection and more information.

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Ernestforyou: 10:20am On Nov 07, 2021
iLoveYouToo:
See wetin Yahoo boys don cause

Na Yahoo dey cause inflation,Na yahoo say make naira no get value ?Fraud has been on even before your forefathers were born and putting the blames on yahoo means you are not smart or too dull.
One thing have Notice in this life is that most people with this type of mindset are either envious,jealous or Never do well cretins .Even if you give them all the money in this world,they will still complain and lack.If you continue to reason this way you will remain poor .
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by ActuaRise696969: 11:28am On Nov 07, 2021
nedekid:

Hmm.
You know nothing of me.
Well, cowardance has nothing to do with the reality on ground which is the senerio I stated earlier.
Those fulanis always come back enmass for revenge fully armed. More like a hit squad, and they seem to have backing.
Being brave does not save someone armed from a multitude armed and with the advantage of surprise.
Sometimes being a coward is smart cos you live to fight another day.
It is said a dead general helps no one.

You talk like a coward though. I do not think you have killed before.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by nedekid: 11:32am On Nov 07, 2021
ActuaRise696969:

You talk like a coward though. I do not think you have killed before.
Why will I have killed? I am not a murderer. Only a dummy will come online and admit he has killed.
Only a coward will boast or indicate he has harmed someone, certainly one that has done that will never never signify to that fact.
Those days its the fake soldiers, policemen etc were the ones that cause wahala the most shouting that they are military. Usually thats how they are caught.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by pacespot(m): 11:34am On Nov 07, 2021
Munzy14:

Extortion at it's peak.

The rent is 2years advance right?

Agent suppose get 10% of actual house rent...35k which can be bargained at 20k..If he no gree we do it street way.

Caution fee and agreement fee is usually 50k each.

Nawa o. ordinary Ibadan lipsrsealed
I thought they said it is the cheapest place to live in Nigeria undecided

Which one be agreement fee again, if you no agree why did you collect your agency fee from me already sad? Nigerians are just too greedy looking for every means to exploit others. I've never paid that useless agreement fee since I've been renting house.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by pacespot(m): 11:47am On Nov 07, 2021
This is part of government failures being transferred to the end consumers. If government had taken the responsibility of regulating and building homes for its citizens, these exploitations by those useless agents would have been curtailed. Imagine government built skyscrapers in strategic areas in the cities and leased them out at affordable rates to citizens especially those that are productively engaged with a proven source of income, this will limit the excesses of informal real estate agencies like this one. Homes or shelters are a important need to meet for the people to improve their standards of living. That is why most countries that are properly planned take its real estate business seriously. We don't even have construction companies that specialize in real estate in Nigeria today.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by pacespot(m): 11:54am On Nov 07, 2021
ricardovincente:

You want a service but you do not want to pay for it.

Do you think that based on the current economic reality, the fee they charged can cater for their expenses, considering the stress they suffered In securing that space, the number of persons they took there and that declined, and other related expenses?

Alaye, you shall be an estate agent by profession in Jesus name and you will only be paid10% for such transactions and even 5% sef in corresponding sum of other transactions, to be fair on the masses.

Amen!

I no be agent o, but I have realized that the hypocrisy in Nigeria is toxic and thats the reason why we are here today.

Na we be our problem!!!

Which expenses are you talking about . Did they build the house? Most of these houses are unkempt when you get there and you will have to spend a lot of money on renovation before moving in. Tell me what you mean by expenses incurred by a real estate agent in Nigeria These people don't even pay for the transport money that will take you to the house, that will come from your pocket. Abeg what do you mean by expenses Mr man?

1 Like

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by ActuaRise696969: 11:59am On Nov 07, 2021
nedekid:

Why will I have killed? I am not a murderer. Only a dummy will come online and admit he has killed.
Only a coward will boast or indicate he has harmed someone, certainly one that has done that will never never signify to that fact.
Those days its the fake soldiers, policemen etc were the ones that cause wahala the most shouting that they are military. Usually thats how they are caught.

Kid, have you noticed you talk too much?
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by nedekid: 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2021
ActuaRise696969:

Kid, have you noticed you talk too much?
Yeah, sometimes you have to try to simplify and carefully explain issues to slow people. Expecially those that claim to be brave killers with guns. (Sic)
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by philipobiz: 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:

I have been to Benin before, bros you clearly have not been to or live in Benin, stop talking trash. In Benin these agent trash does not exist. Edo people are not greedy.
True talk
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by berbs: 12:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
bolaji777:
Honestly, this is exactly what we are currently discuss here in ISEYIN town Oyo state. The way house fee is rapidly increasing by so called agents is terrible. We want to meet ona of Iseyin as to discuss way forward. Infact we have created WhatsApp group, just to facilitate an end to this immeasurable amount.

You all should do something about it quick before they take the Ibadan fever to Iseyin.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Munzy14(m): 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
pacespot:

Which one be agreement fee again, if you no agree why did you collect your agency fee from me already sad? Nigerians are just too greedy looking for every means to exploit others. I've never paid that useless agreement fee since I've been renting house.
grin
It depends on what you are renting, but you see my area, you must pay everything...

Na only agent fee we dey run street parole..after all the agent is losing nothing...At all at all na em bad pass..

The one I hate is landlord wife or son trying to add collect agent money, after the husband/father don submit acct details.

Some people do pass shylock.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Iykoto86(m): 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
Scamburster:

Man which side you dey?
nkwele ezunaka/33
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Munzy14(m): 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2021
Ajixegun:

Cheapest place to live? That's before. House rent in Ibadan turning to something else.
Probably people who can't meet up with lagos and it's high demands are migrating to ogun, Ibadan etc....
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by ActuaRise696969: 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
nedekid:

Yeah, sometimes you have to try to simplify and carefully explain issues to slow people. Expecially those that claim to be brave killers with guns. (Sic)

Kid, a kidnapper had to die. I am licensed to kill them.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by nedekid: 2:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
ActuaRise696969:

Kid, a kidnapper had to die. I am licensed to kill them.
Yeah, nigerian James bondus 007, licensed to kill undecided
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by KatrakaNG(m): 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2021
Ijawboy:
Lately I have been scouting for a 2 bedroom apartment in Ibadan for residential use.
See what a greedy Real Estate Agent charged me for a 2 bedroom apartment in Oluyole estate, here in Ibadan:

Rent - N700,000
Agency fee @ 20% = N140,000
Legal fee @ 10% = N70,000
Caution deposit =N70,000

Just imagine being asked to pay N980,000 due to sheer greed of this Estate agents in collusion with greedy landlords☹️

Unfortunately, this is the norm out here as other agents I spoke to were not any different.

Kindly share your experience with Ibadan Real Estate agents or even their greedy colleagues in other states and how you handled them.

My younger brother is currently faced with this, at same Ibadan, bashorun.

Just to get a room, not a room and parlour ooo. Agents dey call 200k, 250k the least for one wen be like e nor make sense, na 150k. Wondering if na sell them dey kuku sell the property. Rent is too high, over priced at Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Windflower(f): 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
Finally, so glad someone brought this up. Ibadan is so overrated. And this so called agent are willing to frustrate your life. Mine collected 55% of rent from me as agent fee as opposed to the normal 10%. The truth is that Ibadan is becoming overcrowded, corpers staying back after service, postgraduate student staying back after school, people relocating from Lagos, hence getting a house here is competition. Even for the agent themselves. We seriously need business minded persons to buy most of this ancient houses and develop them, as Ibadan people themselves are not business oriented.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Qoko: 5:01pm On Nov 07, 2021
Shellsploit:
Okearo is cheaper...

Besides, that N980,000 don buy and build correct house near canal for okearo. Just dont forget to tie the house to the closest tree cheesy
Were, lolsss �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Awise09(m): 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2021
RapistOnBail:

You see we Nigerians?

We no like ourselves that much o!

We just Dey fake care and support to our neighbors.

this is the true, as we can see the way everything in market is high everyone will be shouting dollar is high even things that has nothing to do with dollars.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Nisiw365: 8:06pm On Nov 07, 2021
Windflower:
Finally, so glad someone brought this up. Ibadan is so overrated. And this so called agent are willing to frustrate your life. Mine collected 55% of rent from me as agent fee as opposed to the normal 10%. The truth is that Ibadan is becoming overcrowded, corpers staying back after service, postgraduate student staying back after school, people relocating from Lagos, hence getting a house here is competition. Even for the agent themselves. We seriously need business minded persons to buy most of this ancient houses and develop them, as Ibadan people themselves are not business oriented.
Who told you ibadan people are not business oriented?
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Frenzy01(m): 6:02am On Nov 08, 2021
Ijawboy:
Lately I have been scouting for a 2 bedroom apartment in Ibadan for residential use.
See what a greedy Real Estate Agent charged me for a 2 bedroom apartment in Oluyole estate, here in Ibadan:

Rent - N700,000
Caution deposit =N70,000

Just imagine being asked to pay N980,000 due to sheer greed of this Estate agents in collusion with greedy landlords☹️

Unfortunately, this is the norm out here as other agents I spoke to were not any different.

Kindly share your experience with Ibadan Real Estate agents or even their greedy colleagues in other states and how you handled them.

I have a trustworthy agent at Ibadan that I can introduce you to if you don't mind
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by 90skid(f): 5:15pm On Nov 08, 2021
hi to everyone ,myname is Danielle and i am a realtor with KEMSAN ACRES GLOBAL LIMITED here in ibadan and also a real estate agent i can get u houses for cheaper in oluyole estate and its environs but it depends on the house u choose as prices do vary and u only pay 10% to agents except if ur agent or an agent refers u to another,meaning if u get a house through agent referral ,ull av to pay ur agent and d agent d property was obtained from
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by berbs: 9:12pm On Nov 08, 2021
Nisiw365:
when 2bed cost 1m in some areas

True. Especially some estates in Akobo.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by berbs: 9:17pm On Nov 08, 2021
KatrakaNG:

My younger brother is currently faced with this, at same Ibadan, bashorun.

Just to get a room, not a room and parlour ooo. Agents dey call 200k, 250k the least for one wen be like e nor make sense, na 150k. Wondering if na sell them dey kuku sell the property. Rent is too high, over priced at Ibadan.

Do you know what I think it's the cause? Building materials especially for the new houses where they will use POP, floor and wall tiles, water heater, walldrop, kitchen cabinet, etc. Also, it depends on the area too.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Nisiw365: 9:23pm On Nov 08, 2021
berbs:

True. Especially some estates in Akobo.
like kolapo ishola estate
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by berbs: 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2021
ORIAYO70:

Ibadan agent are dubious n greedy than that of Lagos, the way house rent went up in Ibadan Almost 5yrs now is unbelievable..

I lived in Ikorodu, I paid 220k for 2bed in Lagos, I also live in Ibadan, running a program in UI.. I paid 185 for a room self at Ajibode.. ask Ajibode people..

Its too outrageous

Hope the room you got it Ajibode has water heater and Air-con and other modern facilities?
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by berbs: 9:28pm On Nov 08, 2021
Nisiw365:
like kolapo ishola estate

Yeah. Calton Gate Estate, Alao Akala, and Oke Ibadan Estates too. But these always have modern facilities. Some are even semi furnished.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Nisiw365: 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2021
berbs:

Yeah. Calton Gate Estate, Alao Akala, and Oke Ibadan Estates too. But these always have modern facilities. Some are even semi furnished.
Yes you are right

1 Like

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Cromagnon: 10:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
Ijawboy:

Rent - N700,000
Caution deposit =N70,000

Oya go do the agency work for less na.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by ORIAYO70(m): 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2021
berbs:

Hope the room you got it Ajibode has water heater and Air-con and other modern facilities?

Where u go see am
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Ade3000yrs(m): 12:02am On Nov 10, 2021
Sisijetue:
Despite charging high rate, they still look tattered and miserable grin
Lols, as far as am concerned, majority of those acclaimed ibadan real estate agents are not just criminals but bandits and terrorist. Go on facebook Ibadan real estate group and you would see their miserable and ugly faces. They give outrageous charges which over 90% of them can never path with and this brings to mind the caliber of persons and bad eggs in Ibadan real estate business. I can categorically tell that you dont have such in Lagos, PH and most of the eastern states as with 150k you can get a 3 bedroom flat in Abakaliki fully tilled with all the needed facilities while with a budget of 200k to 350k you would get a good 3 bedroom in Enugu without all these silly charges by purported by these so called Ibadan miscreants calling themselves agents. Even in Ikorodu in Lagos and Ogijo extension of Ogun and Interior part of Ogun with Oshogbo in Osun, you will still get 2 to 3 bedroom flat with all needed facilities for between 150k to 200k. I was equally alarmed when I first noticed this style of outrageous charges online on facebook a year ago. The security chiefs and responsible authorities in Oyo state should not ignore this public appeal to look into the nefarious activities of this rogues terrorising Oyo and Ibadan residents in the name of real estate business and go about disguising themselves as real estate agents. Government really need to go after these bad eggs in the real estate business trying to make life more difficult for deligent and struggling Nigerians than it already is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Where To Get Wallpapers In Lagos / After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? / Mosquito Village: Inside Lagos Slum Where Land Is Allocated At N2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.