Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:15 AM

Astroworld Fest: At Least 8 Dead At Travis Scott Astroworld Festival - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Astroworld Fest: At Least 8 Dead At Travis Scott Astroworld Festival (617 Views)

Naira Marley Hosting Marlian Fest At 02 Academy In London Next year / Download Link. Astroworld Album Full Hq / Patoranking, Fancy Gaddam Involved In Accident, 8 Dead, 20 Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Astroworld Fest: At Least 8 Dead At Travis Scott Astroworld Festival by ominilongest(m): 10:42am On Nov 07, 2021
At least eight were killed and hundreds injured after a huge crowd surge at the opening night of the Astroworld music festival in Houston, Texas.

A sold-out headline show by rapper and festival organiser Travis Scott on turned deadly when guests began pushing towards the front of the stage, crushing some and reportedly leaving them unable to breathe.

Officials said a 14-year-old was among the victims, and that a security guard may have been injected with drugs as the chaos unfolded.

The mayor of Houston has vowed to “leave [no] stone unturned” in investigating the disaster, while Mr Scott said in a message to fans that he is “absolutely devastated.”

Travis Scott takes to Instagram explaining his devastation
Travis Scott has said that he is working to help the families of "the ones that was lost.”

In a video on his Instagram story Mr Scott can be seen pacing around while tapping a fist to his forehead repeatedly and tugging his hair, saying that he was “honestly just devastated” by the incident.

"I just wanna send out prayers to the ones that was lost last night," Mr Scott said.

"We’re actually working now to identify the families so we can help assist them through this tough time.

The 29-year-old explained that his fans "really mean the world to me", adding he "always just wanna leave them with a positive experience".

"Any time I can make out anything (negative) that’s going on, I just stop the show and help them get the help they need, you know," MrScott said.

"I could never just imagine the severity of this situation," he added.

He went on to add that festival organisers were working with Houston’s police, fire department and city authority "to get to the bottom" of the events that unfolded at NRG Park.

"If you have any information, please just contact your local authorities," he said, whilst he tugged at a braid.

He concluded the video by saying: "I mean, I’m honestly just devastated. I could never imagine anything like this happening.

"I’m (going to) do everything I can to keep you guys updated, just keep you guys informed on what’s going on.

"Love you all."

Re: Astroworld Fest: At Least 8 Dead At Travis Scott Astroworld Festival by ominilongest(m): 10:48am On Nov 07, 2021
ominilongest:
At least eight were killed and hundreds injured after a huge crowd surge at the opening night of the Astroworld music festival in Houston, Texas.

A sold-out headline show by rapper and festival organiser Travis Scott on turned deadly when guests began pushing towards the front of the stage, crushing some and reportedly leaving them unable to breathe.

Officials said a 14-year-old was among the victims, and that a security guard may have been injected with drugs as the chaos unfolded.

The mayor of Houston has vowed to “leave [no] stone unturned” in investigating the disaster, while Mr Scott said in a message to fans that he is “absolutely devastated.”

Travis Scott takes to Instagram explaining his devastation
Travis Scott has said that he is working to help the families of "the ones that was lost.”

In a video on his Instagram story Mr Scott can be seen pacing around while tapping a fist to his forehead repeatedly and tugging his hair, saying that he was “honestly just devastated” by the incident.

"I just wanna send out prayers to the ones that was lost last night," Mr Scott said.

"We’re actually working now to identify the families so we can help assist them through this tough time.

The 29-year-old explained that his fans "really mean the world to me", adding he "always just wanna leave them with a positive experience".

"Any time I can make out anything (negative) that’s going on, I just stop the show and help them get the help they need, you know," MrScott said.

"I could never just imagine the severity of this situation," he added.

He went on to add that festival organisers were working with Houston’s police, fire department and city authority "to get to the bottom" of the events that unfolded at NRG Park.

"If you have any information, please just contact your local authorities," he said, whilst he tugged at a braid.

He concluded the video by saying: "I mean, I’m honestly just devastated. I could never imagine anything like this happening.

"I’m (going to) do everything I can to keep you guys updated, just keep you guys informed on what’s going on.

"Love you all."
Houston police reacted

Re: Astroworld Fest: At Least 8 Dead At Travis Scott Astroworld Festival by BigBelleControl(m): 11:35am On Nov 07, 2021
Yepripa!
Re: Astroworld Fest: At Least 8 Dead At Travis Scott Astroworld Festival by LeeSantos(m): 11:49am On Nov 07, 2021
... That's to say no Coro again. Nigeria u hear? That's your senior sister. U can stop the drama and stop embezzling with the name of Corona virus

(1) (Reply)

Reality Tv Star Mercy Eke Says Fake Life Is Sweet(Video) / The Okoye Brothers, Psquare, Jude, Settle Beef After 4 Yrs, Go Shopping With Fam / Meet Curvy Celebrities That Attract People's With Their Endowed Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.