Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks (1838 Views)

Any Eu Resident Holder Who Has Applied For Uk Or Ireland Visa Share Your Stories / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by shellygirl: 12:04pm On Jun 06, 2011
Hello everyone!
Has any one applied for a uk student visa in the last three weeks. Things seem to have changed with all thse new rukes that the ukba has come up withrecently .
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by justwise(m): 12:26pm On Jun 06, 2011
shellygirl:

Hello everyone!
Has any one applied for a uk student visa in the last three weeks. Things seem to have changed with all thse new rukes that the ukba has come up withrecently .

You got nothing to worry about IF you genuinely want to study in the UK and meet the requirements.

I know somebody who got his visa about 2wks ago, he submitted in the 17Th of May and got a text on the 25th to come and pick up his visa.

If u can pass the English proficiency test (certain courses), have the money for the rest of ur studies then the rule got nothing to do with u.
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by shellygirl: 8:18pm On Jun 06, 2011
Okay so i guess thats 7 working days. I applied on 24th of may im stating to worry cos ppl have been telling me it usually never takes this long. Today is the 8th working day. May 30 was a public holiday, and 31sr was the queens bithday so the BHC did not work @ all. If i dont get any text my wednesday. I would have to go to vfs cos im wondering is tge delay is from BHC or VFS
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by justwise(m): 8:26pm On Jun 06, 2011
shellygirl:

Okay so i guess thats 7 working days. I applied on 24th of may  im stating to worry cos ppl have been telling me it usually never takes this long. Today is the 8th working day. May 30 was a public holiday, and 31sr was the queens bithday so the BHC did not work @ all. If i dont get any text my wednesday. I would have to go to vfs cos im wondering is tge delay is from BHC or VFS

Thats not true, it takes more than 15 working days sometimes, when is ur school resuming?
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by shellygirl: 6:26am On Jun 07, 2011
Myschool started registration on the 6th of june, lectures start on the 20th. Deadline for registration is 30th june
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by justwise(m): 7:17am On Jun 07, 2011
shellygirl:

Myschool started registration on the 6th of june, lectures start on the 20th. Deadline for registration is 30th june

You will hear from them b4 this wk runs out.
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by shellygirl: 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2011
Ok dear, fingers crossed! Thank u
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by shellygirl: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2011
Got my visa today. Really happy grin
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by justwise(m): 5:28pm On Jun 08, 2011
shellygirl:

Got my visa today. Really happy grin

Congrat!!! happy 4u
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by shawonlese: 5:37pm On Jun 10, 2011
Congrats
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by polokor60(m): 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2011
justwise:

You got nothing to worry about IF you genuinely want to study in the UK and meet the requirements.

I know somebody who got his visa about 2wks ago, he submitted in the 17Th of May and got a text on the 25th to come and pick up his visa.

If u can pass the English proficiency test (certain courses), have the money for the rest of your studies then the rule got nothing to do with u.
justwise how can someone book an appointment for a student visa in the uk or european embassy in nigeria?highlight on requirements,will the student visa applicant write to them?pls your expereince n advise is needed.
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by justwise(m): 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2011
polokor60:

justwise how can someone book an appointment for a student visa in the uk or european embassy in nigeria?highlight on requirements,will the student visa applicant write to them?pls your expereince n advise is needed.

You don't need to book an appointment for UK student visa application submission and there is no interview as well. I don't know about other European countries.
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by polokor60(m): 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2011
justwise:

You don't need to book an appointment for UK student visa application submission and there is no interview as well. I don't know about other European countries.
thanks for the info,how about the requirements(the documents) that ll be submitted at the embassy,can u list them including the fees to be paid.
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by bountimore: 7:29pm On Jun 18, 2011
about to apply!
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by justwise(m): 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2011
polokor60:

thanks for the info,how about the requirements(the documents) that ll be submitted at the embassy,can u list them including the fees to be paid.

Take your time and go through this website , u will get all the form there

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance11.pdf
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by polokor60(m): 11:54pm On Jun 22, 2011
thanks alot justwise,i'm not the one applying for uk student visa,i ll pass the info to my cousin,when i need ur help i ll always get in touch with u on nairaland.
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by justwise(m): 7:07am On Jun 23, 2011
polokor60:

thanks alot justwise,i'm not the one applying for uk student visa,i ll pass the info to my cousin[b],when i need your help i ll always get in touch with u on nairaland.[/b]

No problem at all.
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by polokor60(m): 3:44pm On Aug 19, 2011
justwise:

No problem at all.
can police report be used as a resident visa(a requirement) for those residing in nigeria when applying for a visa.
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by justwise(m): 4:00pm On Aug 19, 2011
polokor60:

can police report be used as a resident visa(a requirement) for those residing in nigeria when applying for a visa.

What sort of visa are u applying for? You only submit police report IF the BHC requested for it, i never knew of any visa application that requires the applicant to submit police report.

I know that certain individuals from certain countries are required to register with the police when they arrived in the UK but Nigeria is not one of those countries, and its mostly for student visa holders.
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by polokor60(m): 10:30pm On Aug 19, 2011
justwise:

What sort of visa are u applying for? You only submit police report IF the BHC requested for it, i never knew of any visa application that requires the applicant to submit police report.

I know that certain individuals from certain countries are required to register with the police when they arrived in the UK but Nigeria is not one of those countries, and its mostly for student visa holders.
i meant a schengen visa not a uk visa.
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by justwise(m): 10:48pm On Aug 19, 2011
polokor60:

i meant a schengen visa not a uk visa.

Oh ok, i don't know about that.
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by kolajoo(m): 7:51am On Aug 20, 2011
This is to inform all travelers that cash ticket to anywhere in the world with any airline available @good rate, try us now and i know you will have a successfully story to tell,

Contact for more inquiry/booking.
skiestravel@pacificwest.com
Re: Who Has Applied For A uk Student Visa Within Thr Last 3 Weeks by polokor60(m): 3:26pm On Aug 20, 2011
justwise:

Oh ok, i don't know about that.
alright thanks

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Share Your Experience About Travelling With Airmaroc / Ask Me Any Question About Warri! ;D / How To Declare USD Currency At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.