Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Is250 Review..(2006 - 2009) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is250 Review..(2006 - 2009) (1480 Views)

Lexus IS250 Driver Tries To Race Mercedes CLS63 AMG In Abuja, Crashes(video) / Lexus Es350 Or Lexus Is250, Which Should I Go For / In Need Of A Toyota Sienna From 2006-2009 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is250 Review..(2006 - 2009) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2021
The IS250 (2006 - 2009)..

The Is250 is a small sedan vehicle and has same engine with the Gs250 of same period, totally different from the Es350 which has the 2gr4 engine.

It's a sexy compacted sedan with little leg room for a adults behind. It's usually a starter pack lexus for singles or a very young family.

It's acceleration is not really as fast as it looks, but a V6 engine in a small saloon would sure give you good speed.

What I love about cars of this standard is because they come with a lot of modules, rather than your engine and tranny getting ruined, the modules are affected first and a good scanner would pinpoint the actual module which needs a change.(non accident cars)

Defects:
Interior material- The IS250 has interior material problems that tend to melt over time and under hot atmosphere, which is prone to scratches and pilings of the dashboard material over time. Not just the dashboard, but also the doormats which same material was used. It's not an easy job to fix(re-leather), but I have fixed a couple and I know it can be done very close to factory standard.

Leathers: its seat leathers are prone to cracks and tears because the perforated seat to allow ventilation for the heat or cool constantly tends to dry our the leather over time..

Upgrade: the is250 can be face lifted to what people assume as 2013, but it's not really the 2013 design, but rather has the V trademark of modern lexus front bumpers. Which comes at a price because the factory headlight with autoliftings and blindspot focus would have to go, while regular more fancy halogen headlights are installed. Alongside some portion of the beam would have to be cut off, which reduces safety.

Plastics: the plastics in the car are a bit delicate and could break easily if not properly handled right.

Legs: its shocks are great and could last really long, but its major defect is the electronic power steering rack that is quite expensive compared to non electronic and could easily be damaged by constant flooding. When it's bad, it comes with a rattle noise that sounds like a bad bushing or a bad shock, but it's actually the steering rack.

Asides all this, which every car has it's own issues, it's an awesome car that catches attention especially when its neat and upgraded.

Cc: lalasticlala.

1 Like

Re: Is250 Review..(2006 - 2009) by wpadmin: 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2021
Following
Re: Is250 Review..(2006 - 2009) by Cokahot: 7:00am On Nov 09, 2021
It's a nonsense car,I drove it for 7monthd nd sold it to buy a highlander suv
Re: Is250 Review..(2006 - 2009) by diportivo: 7:11am On Nov 09, 2021
Esseite:
The IS250 (2006 - 2009)..

The Is250 is a small sedan vehicle and has same engine with the Gs250 of same period, totally different from the Es350 which has the 2gr4 engine.

It's a sexy compacted sedan with little leg room for a adults behind. It's usually a starter pack lexus for singles or a very young family.

It's acceleration is not really as fast as it looks, but a V6 engine in a small saloon would sure give you good speed.

What I love about cars of this standard is because they come with a lot of modules, rather than your engine and tranny getting ruined, the modules are affected first and a good scanner would pinpoint the actual module which needs a change.(non accident cars)

Defects: The IS250 has interior material problems that tend to melt over time and under hot atmosphere, which is prone to scratches and pilings of the dashboard material over time. Not just the dashboard, but also the doormats which same material was used. It's not an easy job to fix(re-leather), but I have fixed a couple and I know it can be done very close to factory standard.

Leathers: its seat leathers are prone to cracks and tears because the perforated seat to allow ventilation for the heat or cool constantly tends to dry our the leather over time..

Upgrade: the is250 can be face lifted to what people assume as 2013, but it's not really the 2013 design, but rather has the V trademark of modern lexus front bumpers. Which comes at a price because the factory headlight with autoliftings and blindspot focus would have to go, while regular more fancy halogen headlights are installed. Alongside some portion of the beam would have to be cut off, which reduces safety.

Plastics: the plastics in the car are a bit delicate and could break easily if not properly handled right.

Legs: its shocks are great and could last really long, but its major defect is the electronic power steering rack that is quite expensive compared to non electronic and could easily be damaged by constant flooding. When it's bad, it comes with a rattle noise that sounds like a bad bushing or a bad shock, but it's actually the steering rack.

Asides all this, which every car has it's own issues, it's an awesome car that catches attention especially when its neat and upgraded.

Cc: lalasticlala.

u need an editor sir

(1) (Reply)

Full Engine Power No Longer Available Bmw X6 / It's Lik Evil Spirit Is In My Motor I Have Cried, Pls Help (chevrolet Aveo 2007) / New BRT Lane In Lagos: Does It Make Sense?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.