Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? (2235 Views)

Xiaomi Poco X4 GT Or iphone 11 / Poco X3 Pro Or Poco X3 GT Or Xiaomi 11t Is Needed! / Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by bigbauer(m): 1:41am On Nov 09, 2021
I need a phone urgently, my budget is #100k-#240k. 8Gb RAM is the minimum RAM, and 256Gb is the minimum ROM. I don't want Samsung,Tecno Infinix, Gionee, Itel and transsion devices generally. I would prefer a 5g phone, must have NFC and infrared blaster, wireless charging isn't a must, WiFi 6 (ax) would be a plus. Please someone help with recommendations. Currently I'm looking at
Oneplus Nord CE 5G and Poco X3 GT, but their reviews aren't that great.

Mynd44 Seun mkmyers45 ujsizzle lalasticlala I'm not asking for front page, but visibility for this. It's urgent. Thanks
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by bigbauer(m): 1:42am On Nov 09, 2021
Please help out, I need it urgently
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by Newman20(m): 4:23am On Nov 09, 2021
Check out poco f3. I'm sure I saw someone on the xiaomi thread store advertising it.

Honestly, I prefer the poco f3 as the poco x3 gt is scarce in the nigerian market. And I prefer snapdragon chips to dimensity chips as snapdragon chips are more optimized for gaming( if you're into that). Also, some people complained of poor camera quality in the x3 gt as well as a bad microphone.
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by Readability: 7:52am On Nov 09, 2021
Get a oneplus 8t or Samsung s20 5g. But if ir blaster is a must you are limited to xiaomi devices and the camera quality of their midrange are meh at best. Your best choice is mi 10t Pro if it blaster is a must, but if it is not, then buy the Samsung or oneplus.
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by skywalker240(m): 10:53am On Nov 09, 2021
I would have picked the one plus, but if you're talking infrared, I will suggest the Poco F3
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by bigbauer(m): 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
Thanks for the inputs, I settled with the X3 GT, Currently awaiting delivery, I'll do a review when I've taking delivery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by Meister(m): 6:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
If you hadn't bought yet I would have linked you to someone selling OnePlus Nord 2.

Personally I feel getting an LCD phone at that price is not advisable
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by bigbauer(m): 6:25am On Nov 16, 2021
Meister:
If you hadn't bought yet I would have linked you to someone selling OnePlus Nord 2.

Thanks sir, I chose X3 GT because it's an LCD not AMOLED, and yes I know where to get them both. I appreciate your offer nevertheless.
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by Flamees(m): 6:37am On Nov 16, 2021
I prefer OnePlus nord
Get it bro u won't regret it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by Meister(m): 7:23am On Nov 16, 2021
bigbauer:

Thanks sir, I chose X3 GT because it's an LCD not AMOLED, and yes I know where to get them both. I appreciate your offer nevertheless.

You have a bias against oled displays ? That's a first
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by Deicide: 11:53am On Nov 16, 2021
First of all, I haven't seen any ROM that's up to 256GB or do you mean internal storage?
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by Deicide: 11:54am On Nov 16, 2021
Well screen burn
Meister:

Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by bigbauer(m): 12:32am On Nov 21, 2021
Meister:

Burns. I use my device in the outdoors a lot.

Nevertheless, I made my choice, and I'm happy with it.

3 Likes

Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by nani667: 10:37am On Nov 21, 2021
Avoid Poco.. Simply BUGS
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by Codeberg: 7:49am On Dec 13, 2021
Meister:

please link me to the seller. I need it today.
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by Meister(m): 10:49am On Dec 13, 2021
Codeberg:
please link me to the seller. I need it today.

It's been long sold boss
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by bigbauer(m): 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2021
Wow it's been a while. I took delivery of the phone since 18th of last month. I was a bit concerned with the way it heated up while charging for the first time. It stopped after the first time.

Talking about charging, I'm still amazed with its charging speed, it's so fast it goes from 0% to 100% in about 48 mins. I'm not too surprised though, I shouldn't expect anything less from a 67Watts charging brick. Most laptops use 45 watts which means this can comfortably charge most laptops.

And the battery life isn't super amazing, but it carries me for the day, and I'm a very heavy user. On an average I'm actively using the phone 20hours/24hours. My data is always turned on, and on 4G network, there's no 5G coverage in my current location. The phone is fast, has never frozen (hung) before, I load multiple applications at once, the 8Gb Ram and Octa-Core processor (clocked at 2.6Ghz), does a wonderful job. Camera performance wasn't a consideration when I bought it, but the camera isn't bad.

The speakers are relatively loud, and has Dolby Atmos, the bluetooth has a good range, WiFi/Hotspot works fine and it's a dual band, WiFi isn't a class 6 (802.11ax) WiFi dongle. I got the 8Gb RAM, 256ROM version. I've not had the chance to use the ir blaster, my tv uses RF not ir. It's not an AMOLED display, but the display is pretty sharp. The build quality is nice too, it feels so strong and rugged.

Honestly I wish there was provision for SD card, 256 is pretty small for me. And I wish there's a way to upscale the display to full screen when I cast to my TV it would be great. Another thing I don't really like about it is the way the camera bulge extends way beyond the back, it makes it susceptible to scratches.

Also, the sim2 gets disabled after some calls and comes back after a few seconds to some minutes, it happens randomly I've not been able to pinpoint a particular reason.

In summary, I'm satisfied with my purchase. It's a sleek phone, not perfect but enough for my needs.

This isn't a well detailed review but it's all I can remember right now.

3 Likes

Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by Meister(m): 8:22pm On Dec 15, 2021
bigbauer:
Wow it's been a while. I took delivery of the phone since 18th of last month. I was a bit concerned with the way it heated up while charging for the first time. It stopped after the first time.

Talking about charging, I'm still amazed with its charging speed, it's so fast it goes from 0% to 100% in about 48 mins. I'm not too surprised though, I shouldn't expect anything less from a 67Watts charging brick. Most laptops use 45 watts which means this can comfortably charge most laptops.

And the battery life isn't super amazing, but it carries me for the day, and I'm a very heavy user. On an average I'm actively using the phone 20hours/24hours. My data is always turned on, and on 4G network, there's no 5G coverage in my current location. The phone is fast, has never frozen (hung) before, I load multiple applications at once, the 8Gb Ram and Octa-Core processor (clocked at 2.6Ghz), does a wonderful job. Camera performance wasn't a consideration when I bought it, but the camera isn't bad.

The speakers are relatively loud, and has Dolby Atmos, the bluetooth has a good range, WiFi/Hotspot works fine and it's a dual band, WiFi isn't a class 6 (802.11ax) WiFi dongle. I got the 8Gb RAM, 256ROM version. I've not had the chance to use the ir blaster, my tv uses RF not ir. It's not an AMOLED display, but the display is pretty sharp. The build quality is nice too, it feels so strong and rugged.

Honestly I wish there was provision for SD card, 256 is pretty small for me. And I wish there's a way to upscale the display to full screen when I cast to my TV it would be great. Another thing I don't really like about it is the way the camera bulge extends way beyond the back, it makes it susceptible to scratches.

Also, the sim2 gets disabled after some calls and comes back after a few seconds to some minutes, it happens randomly I've not been able to pinpoint a particular reason.

In summary, I'm satisfied with my purchase. It's a sleek phone, not perfect but enough for my needs.

This isn't a well detailed review but it's all I can remember right now.

Congrats on your new phone.

If you haven't updated it try to do that, I don't like the way you called a whole dimensity 1100 an octa core processor like its one nonsense Tecno processor

4 Likes

Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by bigbauer(m): 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2021
Meister:

Congrats on your new phone.

If you haven't updated it try to do that, I don't like the way you called a whole dimensity 1100 an octa core processor like its one nonsense Tecno processor

My apologies for the misrepresentation. And my phone is up to date, I updated it the minute I activated the phone. I did another update some days back. Asides MI apps update, I don't miss the core updates.
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by bigbauer(m): 1:48pm On Jan 12
2years gone and the phone's still going strong. Battery life has reduced, but not so bad, I still get 8hours of continuous use (includinng) virtual meetings etc.

I'm looking for a "worthy replacement" so I can retire this to a backup phone. But if I don't find any, I'll continue to use the x3 GT.
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by KunlexyInc1(m): 9:30pm On Jan 12
bigbauer:
2years gone and the phone's still going strong. Battery life has reduced, but not so bad, I still get 8hours of continuous use (includinng) virtual meetings etc.

I'm looking for a "worthy replacement" so I can retire this to a backup phone. But if I don't find any, I'll continue to use the x3 GT.

Poco X5, Poco F5
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by George700(m): 9:52pm On Jan 12
bigbauer:

I would suggest Samsung a34 5g if you are you for a wrothy replacement
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by Meister(m): 10:10pm On Jan 12
George700:

I would suggest Samsung a34 5g if you are you for a wrothy replacement

A34 5g after using a phone with dimensity 1100 processor ??
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by George700(m): 11:27am On Jan 13
Meister:

A34 5g after using a phone with dimensity 1100 processor ??
For your price range as you said 100-240k
but if you have more than that
you can try OnePlus 11 or 11R , Realme GT neo 2 and there this new OnePlus nord 3
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by bigbauer(m): 4:15pm On Jan 14
George700:

For your price range as you said 100-240k
but if you have more than that
you can try OnePlus 11 or 11R , Realme GT neo 2 and there this new OnePlus nord 3

That price range is over 2years old. Oneplus is currently living on old glory.
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by Jacku: 7:08pm On Jan 14
Why don't you want TECNO?
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by Shuregirl: 7:52pm On Jan 14
Jacku:
based on my experience, this is the brand I will recommend to anyone with my full chest
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by bigbauer(m): 7:43am On Jan 17
Jacku:

I don't fancy the brand, and it's over priced for its (value) worth.
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by bigbauer(m): 7:44am On Jan 17
Shuregirl:
based on my experience, this is the brand I will recommend to anyone with my full chest

Does your experience cover at least 70-90% of all the other brands in the global market?
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by Jacku: 10:30am On Jan 21
bigbauer:

I don't fancy the brand, and it's over priced for its (value) worth.
I highly doubt that.
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by Jacku: 10:31am On Jan 21
Shuregirl:
correct 💯
Re: Poco X3 GT Or One+ Nord? by bigbauer(m): 12:56pm On Jan 22
Jacku:
correct 💯

Based on what parameters?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Play PS2 Games On Your Smartphone / How To Use Glo Bis On Android (photos) / List Of Sweet Android Games Specially Handpicked For You #1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.