Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,370 members, 7,850,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:03 PM

Music Is Both My Passion And Career - Tap Dee - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Music Is Both My Passion And Career - Tap Dee (108 Views)

Grow your Business and Career - Attend the Kings Business And Career Expo 4.0 / Wole Soyinka Inspired My Passion For Road Safety - FRSC Executive / What Music Is Your MUSIC Of The Year??... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Music Is Both My Passion And Career - Tap Dee by Jimsonjaat96(m): 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2021
Oladayo Julious, TAP DEE is an upcoming Hip-hop artist and song writer. He's also a trained journalist from Department of Mass Communication, The Federal Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State.

In this interview, he shares life, music and love with us.

Q: MAY WE GET TO KNOW YOU SIR?

A: I’m da boy from a nuclear family of 6 and I’m the first born of the family with 3 siblings, 3 boys 1 girl. Call us average for we ain’t poor and we ain’t too rich. Our family bound with love and we are living a good life

Q: I started education many years back in Police Children School, Agugu, Ìbàdàn before I went to Marvelous Greatness Comprehensive College, but I left for Loyal College Ìbàdàn because I had a lot of friends attending the school. A year ASUP strike affected my programme but I subsequently graduated from FEDPOFFA in 2016.

I put in for my HND in The Polytechnic, Ìbàdàn in the year 2018 then I graduated in this year 2021. It was not easy all through but I thank God for life.

Q: WHY THE CHOICE OF MUSIC AS A CAREER?

You see, music is something that I like doing and I really love it with passion. It's my career choice.

However in actuality, I was discovered by one of a big brothers called Snow P in the hood in 2013. He must have been noticing me for a while before the he called me and communicated his thoughts to me. I was not sure I could but he wouldn't have it. He edged me on. He's into music too. He not just called my attention to my talent but went ahead to introduced me to his friends and that’s how we started working.

Before this time I was a dancer.

We went from one studio to another, visiting producers and listening to beats; you can say we did studio tours. I was under his tutelage in this context.

Afterwards I joined a record label called Teflondon Records via a friend (Wálé) who introduced me to his cousin, Larry B. The label was owned by FM.

Q: HOW DID THE NAME "TAP DEE" COME ABOUT?

I was "Dee Love" when I started. But FM gave me the name. He said he noticed how I do my things and they are uniquely special. He said I was smart, hence TAP and D from my name 'Dayo.

Things were not going to sour high between me and the label for Larry B later traveled out of the country and we (under the label) had to go our ways.

Q: THAT WAS A BACKLASH, HOW DID YOU RECUPERATE?

A: I didn't get weigh down by it, but I forged forward. I put back the pieces and get back to the rail.

I kept putting my best efforts in music.

Q: HOW ARE YOUR MUSICAL INFLUENCES ON?

A: Today I have my songs on the net. Driptunes, Audiomark and all.
Born to Win, Give Me Love, Mass Communication Graduate (this was dedicated to all mass 19/20 set), Far away(Zoom Cover), Ayanfe, Shikemi among others.

Joy is an incoming song.

Q: AND OTHER CHALLENGES?

A: Actually, challenges have always been there, majorly money. It's not flowing from anywhere or anyone. I have to put in my own resources to sponsor myself.

I understand that the best investment is in self. And I do that for myself.

I recorded my songs and pushed my albums out there. I must say to be a superstar takes a lot of efforts, prayer, time, resources and consistency. These are sacrifices to make and I am not shying away from them.

I believe I'm going to make it in the industry. I have done media tours and shows. Success is a process.

(1) (Reply)

Get A Professional Document Translation Service With Acies-global / Making Your Wedding Beautiful On A Small Budget / Am In The Uk Kindly Pls Subscribe To My Channel And Watch My Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.