Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities (26533 Views)

Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine / Rea Kick-starts 1 Mw Capacity Solar Farm At Ae-funai / Mopileola Tomi Adewumi Graduates From Oklahoma State University In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Technology14: 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2021
Nice one. Check my profile for your solar flood lights and precise resistivity meter/terrameter with 1year warranty.
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by tamdun: 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2021
AllahIsShit:
I know that school. Very good and world class facilities. You'll wonder what such a school is doing in the backwaters of rural Kwara state.
U better find better things to do with your life
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by iamyemiakins(m): 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2021
While my school is located in a town where there's no electricity for over 10 years now, but we no fit develop anything sad

GreaterFuture:

Name of school?
Olusegun Agagu University of Science & Technology, Okitipupa, Ondo State.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by SocialJustice: 4:26pm On Nov 09, 2021
No picture of the solar farm.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 09, 2021
AbuAeesha:
but whr is the farm??
They do not mean the farm we all know..
When they say solar farm I think it means a large area of land in which solar panel are put in place to generate electricity..
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by NEIGHBOUR(m): 4:28pm On Nov 09, 2021
AllahIsShit:
I know that school. Very good and world class facilities. You'll wonder what such a school is doing in the backwaters of rural Kwara state.

Meanwhile go to Southwestern University, you will be ashamed that you are in a university environment.
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Murrayoftopman: 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2021
Mehhhhh bad market for nepa in that side
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by AbdQadri: 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2021
Good development from one of the Nigerian University but how are we sure this is not a paper work grin grin grin, , I come in peace sha

1 Like

Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by GreaterFuture(m): 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2021
iamyemiakins:
While my school is located in a town where there's no electricity for over 10 years now, but we no fit develop anything sad
Name of school?
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by BigBashiru: 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2021
yrex01:
Nice development but that won't stop epileptic power situation in nigeria not until we stop
these people we call government recycling em self. Instead we still have unfortunate youths defending em even picking sides smh.

incase you don't know, a single dam in niger state supply constant power for niger, Benin n Ghana (gh now independent) in that Niger state nigeria still have 3 more hydropower system that can stop the power ish we facing but no, these people will never encourage it.

we don't deserve to belong to developing nation, we should belong to 4th world country

Please stop saying negative things about yourself and about Africa....
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Inexhaustible(m): 4:38pm On Nov 09, 2021
You term the school location a backwaters of rural Kwara state, the owner saw it a good way of putting his village in a world map and a giant developmental stride for his community. Dr. Adewunmi is a grassroot person who prioritise the growth of his community above every other things.

AllahIsShit:

1 Like

Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by talk2maurice(m): 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2021
Geyin58:
Get a professional business or company logo design done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo that can be used for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

How much last
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by initiate: 4:49pm On Nov 09, 2021
how much it cost?
who fund am?
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Xman12345goat: 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2021
Would it be able to carry my fridge and pressing iron
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by pat077: 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2021
A good one
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by suratwo62: 5:12pm On Nov 09, 2021
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by mu2sa2: 5:19pm On Nov 09, 2021
AbuAeesha:
but whr is the farm??
Hahahaha, it is going to come!
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by suratwo62: 5:20pm On Nov 09, 2021
This is a solar farm. It is the largest solar farm located in the very sunny town of De Aar in South Africa .
Where are the pictures of the solar farm unveiled by Thomas Adewumi University in Nigeria?

Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by assent: 5:21pm On Nov 09, 2021
It is obvious that Christians are contributing more to the development of Kwara State more than Muslims.
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Aganju849: 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2021
Nonpics of the solar farm?

Hole no be audio solar
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by na2016: 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2021
Which kind of reportage be this? Instead of showing us the solar farm, you show us the University gate. Which kind life...

1 Like

Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Ccss: 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2021
Oh
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by sonnie10: 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2021
Won’t they have problems with the regulatory agency in terms of power distribution to nearby communities?
Isn’t that an exclusive right of the power holdings company.
Barth Nnaji had wanted to transform the south east electricity but they never allowed it due to bureaucratic bottleneck.
This development might be a precedence that others could cite.
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Bluntemperor: 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2021
mOND44:
Good development

We need to switch to clean energy

Yes indeed!
Hope the power in Nigeria that is still searching for Oil in Chad Basins will stop as the Music has changed.Nigeria leaders should know that Climate change is real!
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by alpharoyalty: 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
Good development.
Boko boys and retards should keep off
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by lereinter(m): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
Stephenofu:
We are currently working on a program targeted at unemployed or underemployed graduates with basic computer skill whereby they could work at their own space and pace.

Minimum pay is 50k monthly! You may signify interest if you care or know someone who needs it.

Send a mail to temitopeadeolabisi@gmail.com to be added to a work group! subject your mail "work group"

NB: if you are not computer savvy, you will be trained.

Tell us more
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by shileowo: 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
nice one, but i have 2kw installed capacity in my house. still good tbh
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Vado(m): 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
DeZoro:
Nice one... but it's not up to 1 megawatt, how would this power a community? Anyways, kudos to this innovation.

If the whole of Nigeria is sustaining itself, albeit inconsistently with roughly 5000 megawatts, How can you underrate the reach of 214kw in say 2/3 rural villages?
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Flier: 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2021
Solar power isn’t sustainable,it’s worst source of electricity,Batteries is too expensive in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Gate050: 7:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
AllahIsShit:
New higher institution should go to rural area for development.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike / ASUU Strike: Update From A Landlord / 10 Students You Should Not Sit With If You Did Not Read For An Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.