Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Serial Card Thief Arrested With 33 ATM Cards After Withdrawing N250k From Bank C - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Serial Card Thief Arrested With 33 ATM Cards After Withdrawing N250k From Bank C (405 Views)

ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend / Lady Runs Mad After Withdrawing Money From The Bank In Egbeda, Lagos / Lady Killed After Withdrawing Money From Diamond Bank In Lagos (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serial Card Thief Arrested With 33 ATM Cards After Withdrawing N250k From Bank C by Chukwute: 4:49pm On Nov 09, 2021
Serial card thief that withdrew N250k from bank customer’s account arrested with 33 ATM cards in Delta.

Ojo Amos, a 38-year-old indigene of Agbarha-Otor, Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State is currently cooling off his heels in detention over serial ATM card swapping and fraudulently withdrawing cash from bank customers’ accounts.

Focus Naija can report that N50k was recovered from the suspect that was arrested on the 2nd of November, 2021 at a POS stand close to FirstBank in Ozoro after a tip off.

According to a press statement obtained from the Police Public Relation Officer, DSP Bright Edafe, the suspect was caught with an ATM card belonging to one Rufai Abdulahi, snatched at the Zenith Bank branch in Kwale, from whose account the suspect later withdrew N250k.

Further investigation revealed that he has been in the unholy business for four years and usually targets old and uneducated people.

The statement reads in part;

“Suspect confessed that he stole one of the cards from one Rufai Abdulahi at zenith bank, Kwale branch and left immediately.

“He said he later withdrew the sum of two hundred and fifty thousand naira (#250,000) from the victim account. Preliminary investigations later revealed that the suspect usually stays behind his victims at the ATM machine waiting and targeting people who he feels are not too educated, old women/children and once he notice that they are having problem operating the ATM machine, he moves closer to them pretending to be a bank staff trying to help them and in the process he swaps the ATM card.

“Suspect also confessed that he watches them as they enter their ATM pins, memorizes it and after swapping the ATM cards, he uses either a POS stand or ATM machine to empty their bank accounts.

“He said he has been doing this for the past four years.

Source: https://focusnaija.com.ng/2021/11/09/photo-serial-card-thief-arrested-with-33-atm-cards-after-withdrawing-n250k-from-bank-customers-account/

Re: Serial Card Thief Arrested With 33 ATM Cards After Withdrawing N250k From Bank C by Aufbauh(m): 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2021
With these numbers of ATM card the guy should have acquired an ATM machine by himself instead of stressing himself to other ATM machine for withdrawal.

1 Like

Re: Serial Card Thief Arrested With 33 ATM Cards After Withdrawing N250k From Bank C by ahnie: 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2021
Imagine this wicked soul.
Re: Serial Card Thief Arrested With 33 ATM Cards After Withdrawing N250k From Bank C by Boogyman557: 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool REAL MATTERS. STREET DON CAST. CUNTREE DON CAST BIG TIME. EVERYBODY CARRY UR OWN KALA OOO. WTF MAN
Re: Serial Card Thief Arrested With 33 ATM Cards After Withdrawing N250k From Bank C by ahnie: 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2021
Meanwhile I have been looking for a man since last week friday.he came to buy something from me,and his UBA ATM card fell down.

It has been in my custody since then....if I wait further and I didn't see him,I would burn the card.
Had it bn it fell into the hands of the wrong person Dem for don wipe this man's account
And he's a well to do person.

We really needs to be careful
Re: Serial Card Thief Arrested With 33 ATM Cards After Withdrawing N250k From Bank C by TheStakeHolder(m): 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2021
Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner.

lipsrsealed
Re: Serial Card Thief Arrested With 33 ATM Cards After Withdrawing N250k From Bank C by DDDEnterprises: 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2021
Oloriburuku!

just can't wait for The Unity to arrive. I believe his New Era possess the judicial atmosphere competent enough to give people like the best judgement.

God rid this world of evil. And we hope he fulfils our plea through the emergence of The great Unity!
Re: Serial Card Thief Arrested With 33 ATM Cards After Withdrawing N250k From Bank C by royal231(m): 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
Nice one.. With this number of cards he usually seek loan seekers and use their bvn for account purposes
Re: Serial Card Thief Arrested With 33 ATM Cards After Withdrawing N250k From Bank C by Chukwute: 5:06pm On Nov 09, 2021
Lalasticlala mynd44 seun
Re: Serial Card Thief Arrested With 33 ATM Cards After Withdrawing N250k From Bank C by DonBenny77(m): 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2021
Four years, you no still belefull, repent and change to something legit
Re: Serial Card Thief Arrested With 33 ATM Cards After Withdrawing N250k From Bank C by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2021
ahnie:
Meanwhile I have been looking for a man since last week friday.he came to buy something from me,and his UBA ATM card fell down.

It has been in my custody since then....if I wait further and I didn't see him,I would burn the card.
Had it bn it fell into the hands of the wrong person Dem for don wipe this man's account
And he's a well to do person.

We really needs to be careful
Haba..why would you burn the card?that's extraordinary..the card no Comot anything for your body na..keep am for am..e fit still come purchase something from you..if he doesn't come keep it and pls never ever throw it away..

(1) (Reply)

Two Teenagers Arrested For Allegedly Stabbing 16 Year Old Boy To Death / 53-year-old Man Arrested For Allegedly Raping His Friend’s 14-year-old Daughter / We Robbed Twice, Collected 5 Phones From Victims With Gun — Abia Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.