Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

I Want To Sue Sokoloan - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Want To Sue Sokoloan (1117 Views)

Say No TO SOKOLOAN / Nasiru Ali Kozzographa To Sue EFCC For Parading Him As ‘Yahoo Boy’ / Linda Nkechi Igwetu: Garki Hospital Speaks On Corper. Threatens To Sue Blogs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Sue Sokoloan by jpride(m): 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2021
Please I need your objective criticism or advice on this: My bank blocked my account because it received more than it's limit, hence I was asked to upgrade. That long process prompted me to seek loan of just 10k from Sokoloan to pay back 19k. On the last day of the loan I pleaded to pay 10k and pay the rest in 3 days time because my account was still blocked. I paid the 10k. The next day they started sending sms to me threatening to alert my contacts. I pleaded to wait for the next 2 days which is my salary pay day, she was so rude and blatantly refused. I made effort and raised the 9k to pay them. After that, they started telling me of late payment fee of 1100 naira. I told her I'm koboless, I'll pay when I get my salary in 2 days time as I'm unable to withdraw from my Fidelity account. The next day, my photo along with degrading sms went viral. Virtually all my contacts got the sms. Because of the sms, I decided not to pay the 1100 naira again. I see this as total unprofessionalism.
Now I want to take legal action as backed by my family and friends. I need your advice before I proceed. Do I stand in favour of the court?

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by daddytime(m): 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2021
You do stand a chance.

Go ahead and set a precedence.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by Tallesty1(m): 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2021
jpride:
Please I need your objective criticism or advice on this: My bank blocked my account because it received more than it's limit, hence I was asked to upgrade. That long process prompted me to seek loan of just 10k from Sokoloan to pay back 19k. On the last day of the loan I pleaded to pay 10k and pay the rest in 3 days time because my account was still blocked. I paid the 10k. The next day they started sending sms to me threatening to alert my contacts. I pleaded to wait for the next 2 days which is my salary pay day, she was so rude and blatantly refused. I made effort and raised the 9k to pay them. After that, they started telling me of late payment fee of 1100 naira. I told her I'm koboless, I'll pay when I get my salary in 2 days time as I'm unable to withdraw from my Fidelity account. The next day, my photo along with degrading sms went viral. Virtually all my contacts got the sms. Because of the sms, I decided not to pay the 1100 naira again. I see this as total unprofessionalism.
Now I want to take legal action as backed by my family and friends. I need your advice before I proceed. Do I stand in favour of the court?
10k to pay 19k in how many months?
Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by Tallesty1(m): 7:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
daddytime:
You do stand a chance.

Go ahead and set a precedence.
I don't think there's a reason for him to pay the extra N1k+ since her paid the principal capital on the agreed date.

Unless interest accumulates interest
Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by jonadaft: 7:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
I thought they've banned that useless and evil loan company.

HOW CAN YOU ASK SOMEONE TO PAY 19K FOR JUST 10K IN ONE MONTH!?

What kind of a ripoff and Wickedness is that?

THIS COUNTRY IS DOOMED.

NOTHING WORKS

NO REGULATIONS

EVERYONE IS JUST DOING WHAT THEY LIKE.

I hate loans and borrowing but if they ever tried that rubbish with me, I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM and CALAMITY AND DESTRUCTIONS AWAITS THEM...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by daddytime(m): 7:27pm On Nov 09, 2021
Tallesty1:
I don't think there's a reason for him to pay the extra N1k+ since her paid the principal capital on the agreed date.

Unless interest accumulates interest

You are right and that's why i'm urging him to go ahead with litigation.
Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by Boogyman557: 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool MANCHI U BE JUNZIN G. IF I SEE U IN PESIN, I GO MAKE SURE SEY I BLAST UR LEG WIT MY OLD KALA. WEITIN DE WORRY U.. I SWEAR DOWN, ANY LOAN APP WEY CAST MY NAME TO MY CONTACTS, DEM NO GO SEE SHISHI FROM ME. NA THUNDER GO FIRE ANY LOAN APP WEY GO SEND MY PICX AND TAG ME AS CRIMINAL. WTF MAN
Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by Pierocash(m): 7:43pm On Nov 09, 2021
I am with them now. They posted my picture to all my WhatsApp contacts and calling some of them.

I didn't even bother, I told them to go to vanguard, Twitter, Facebook and post it there.

Me ,I no dey pay shishi, you've collected your money. I no dey pay again.

Till now ,I haven't paid,and won't pay.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by jpride(m): 7:45pm On Nov 09, 2021
Tallesty1:
10k to pay 19k in how many months?
14days
Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by jpride(m): 7:51pm On Nov 09, 2021
Jonathan:
I thought they've banned that useless and evil loan company.

HOW CAN YOU ASK SOMEONE TO PAY 19K FOR JUST 10K IN ONE MONTH!?

What kind of a ripoff and Wickedness is that?

THIS COUNTRY IS DOOMED.

NOTHING WORKS

NO REGULATIONS

EVERYONE IS JUST DOING WHAT THEY LIKE.

I hate loans and borrowing but if they ever tried that rubbish with me, I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM and CALAMITY AND DESTRUCTIONS AWAITS THEM...
It's not even up to a month..... It's 14 days. God saved me I didn't store my workmates and MD's number. This would have ended my job
Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by SATANlST: 8:24pm On Nov 09, 2021
i will support you . if we can even track that girl and beat her up, it will be better

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by stacyadams: 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2021
Pierocash:
I am with them now. They posted my picture to all my WhatsApp contacts and calling some of them.

I didn't even bother, I told them to go to vanguard, Twitter, Facebook and post it there.

Me ,I no dey pay shishi, you've collected your money. I no dey pay again.

Till now ,I haven't paid,and won't pay.

U will not pay in today, past or future..... hahaha

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by stacyadams: 9:44pm On Nov 09, 2021
grin grin grin. Can those loan app read ur messages on WhatsApp??or they just copy numbers randomly on ur contact list and start messaging them.. some one pls break it down for me[color=#006600][/color]
Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by SundayIgboh: 11:27pm On Nov 09, 2021
Palm Credit will automatically deduct the money from your account plus late payment fee
Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by jpride(m): 6:40am On Nov 10, 2021
stacyadams:
grin grin grin. Can those loan app read ur messages on WhatsApp??or they just copy numbers randomly on ur contact list and start messaging them.. some one pls break it down for me[color=#006600][/color]
As u are trying to register, you must grant them permission to your contacts before you can successfully register. Immediately u grant them that permission, they automatically save all your contacts in their database. Even if you deny them access to your contacts later, they've already gotten them
Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by KingOfBoyz1(m): 9:21am On Nov 10, 2021
shocked why didn't those family and friends loan you the 10k.. Come court make them read terms and conditions you agreed on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by giftedchild009: 9:59am On Dec 31, 2021
jpride:

They are so demonic, you need to take action on them, if you know how you can do that. i was once a victim of the app and they sent a degrading message to all my contact that almost cost me my job and led to fight between me and my elder brother because in their message content its says i used them as a guarantor for the loan. I was blackmail because of N800.
Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by Simosato: 10:27pm On Jan 29, 2022
Those guys are bastards, if you have a good lawyer to do that I will support too, because am a victim too.
Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by Boogyman557: 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters

WTF MAN
Re: I Want To Sue Sokoloan by FuckDModz: 9:24am On Jan 30, 2022
jpride:

You're a thoughtless scammer.

Before you collected the 10k, you agreed to pay back 19k, now you're making it seem like you're the victim here.

Do you know all the plans/projections the company had for that 19k?

Do you know how many more broke people that 19k would have helped if you paid on time?

Do you know what it takes to give a random cry baby like you money without collateral?

I love what these loan companies are doing!

Nigerians can never pay back a loan with the same joy and enthusiasm they had when they collected the loan.

My friend shut up and pay the N1100.

Fucking bastard!

(1) (Reply)

Four Christians Face Execution For Leaving Islam / Fight Breaks Out As Lawmaker Slaps Female Colleague During Session In Senegal (V / Video Of The Ondo Yahoo Boy Jungle Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.