Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. (680 Views)

I Gave Up On Programming. I'm Tired Of Programming. I Need To Rest. / MTN Momo Hack: The Dangerous Aspect Of Programming No One Tells You About / Mathematics As Backbone Of Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 10, 2021
I want to step into the world of programming. I want to become a cybersecurity expert or software developer in the long run .. your opinion is needed if you have experience in such.

I'm starting from the scratch actually
Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by ovanda(m): 8:12am On Nov 10, 2021
Start from html, css and JavaScript then advance to algorithm and data structure.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 10, 2021
Programming is not a fantasy fella.

You should know basics already by now if you're aiming to become an expert in cyber security and far above average.

Taking two steps a time would help. No skipping.
Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by BlackXabbath(m): 8:27am On Nov 10, 2021
Ovaltine:

You should know basics already by now if you're aiming to become an expert in cyber security and far above average.

The last paragraph, I'm bit confused.
Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by BlackXabbath(m): 8:34am On Nov 10, 2021
I wish to thread on this path like the Op, but circumstances beyond my control have been restricting me.

I will never give up on it.
Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 10, 2021
ovanda:
Start from html, css and JavaScript then advance to algorithm and data structure.
thank you
Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 10, 2021
Ovaltine:

I'm not fantasizing .. smiley
Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by airsaylongcome: 9:58am On Nov 10, 2021
ovanda:

Why do people always give this erroneous advise? What does HTML and CSS have to do with programming?
Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 10, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Why do people always give this erroneous advise? What does HTML and CSS have to do with programming?

What is wrong with his advise sir ?
Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by airsaylongcome: 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2021
redstaarx:

What is wrong with his advise sir ?

Nothing. A lot of people like to start their journey into IT by learning HTML. Which is fine. But you do not need to know HTML to start learning how to program. HTML was not, is not and will never be a programming language. It is a markup language that notifies web browsers how to display text, images and other stuff. Knowing HTML will not make learning how to code easier

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by BlaqFaze: 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Most people like web dev
Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by airsaylongcome: 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
BlaqFaze:
Most people like web dev

They like it? Or it's the least expensive route to enter IT? If money wasn't an obstacle, say they had super powerful computers. would people go into web dev? Or would dey dive into other fields like networking or IoT? Web dev is the least expensive route as any computer can enable anyone write HTML tags. If you could get into the very lucrative field of Cloud Management (Azure or AWS or GCP), would you go for web dev?
Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by BlaqFaze: 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2021
airsaylongcome:

They like it? Or it's the least expensive route to enter IT? If money wasn't an obstacle, say they had super powerful computers. would people go into web dev? Or would dey dive into other fields like networking or IoT? Web dev is the least expensive route as any computer can enable anyone write HTML tags. If you could get into the very lucrative field of Cloud Management (Azure or AWS or GCP), would you go for web dev?
True though, even for native mobile dev, most people can't afford a decent MacBook for Xcode
Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Nothing. A lot of people like to start their journey into IT by learning HTML. Which is fine. But you do not need to know HTML to start learning how to program. HTML was not, is not and will never be a programming language. It is a markup language that notifies web browsers how to display text, images and other stuff. Knowing HTML will not make learning how to code easier

Heard such before. Thank you for your opinion
Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by airsaylongcome: 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
redstaarx:

Heard such before. Thank you for your opinion

You make is sound like I'm forcing my opinion on you. Anyway enjoy the HTML route
Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 11, 2021
airsaylongcome:

You make is sound like I'm forcing my opinion on you. Anyway enjoy the HTML route

No you didnt .. I have actually heard somewhere before when I was doing a research .. not like you did bad
Thanks bro
Re: I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming .. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
BlackXabbath:

The last paragraph, I'm bit confused.

The Op has to double up and learn related skills in pairs without skipping any fundamentals.

(1) (Reply)

Why Hackers Easily Hacks Your Accounts Especially Facebook and email etc / The World Is Yours This Year N Beyound / Can't Find Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.