Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? (2871 Views)

Is GTB Having Issues ,can't Sign Into My Online ,says Invalid User Or Password / For Educational Reasons, Sites You Can Use A Card Without Pin Or OTP / Palm Credit Asking For Card Pin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by seglabsy(m): 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
if the card owner change the atm card pin,can auto debt work again?pls i need ugent answer thank
Re: Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by Polaris1: 11:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
Yes. It works irrespective of card pin change.
Re: Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by seglabsy(m): 8:29pm On Nov 11, 2021
Polaris1:
Yes. It works irrespective of card pin change.
PLS I WANT TO ASK AGAIN IF THERE CAN BE AUTO DEBIT IN AN ANOTHER ACCOUNT THAT IS NOT LINK TO AUTO DEBIT
Re: Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by Polaris1: 9:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
Yes.
Other accounts of the same person be debited too.
IT DEPENDS on the terms you agreed to when you signed the auto debit agreement.
1. Debit account 123xxx only.
2. Debit any or all accounts belonging to me here and/or any other financial institution.
If you signed to (2), one or, some of, or all your accounts can be debited.
Re: Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by seglabsy(m): 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
Polaris1:
Yes.
Other accounts of the same person be debited too.
IT DEPENDS on the terms you agreed to when you signed the auto debit agreement.
1. Debit account 123xxx only.
2. Debit any or all accounts belonging to me here and/or any other financial institution.
If you signed to (2), one or, some of, or all your accounts can be debited.
thanks,it was only one card that i summited and verified with them,so i have not even collected the card of the other bank,so what will happen llke that?
Re: Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by Polaris1: 5:51am On Nov 12, 2021
Check the documents you agreed to.
You didn't provide enough details:
- do you owe a bank or loan app
- do you owe a business partner
- did you authorize auto debit for other things like school fees, church donations, rent, telecoms etc.
Did you provide your bvn
Banks and loan apps would like go after all your known accounts anywhere.
The most important thing is the agreement you signed. It should be stated there if other accounts can be levied.
You may need to talk to a knowledgeable person near you for more advice.
Re: Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by seglabsy(m): 8:08am On Nov 12, 2021
Polaris1:
Check the documents you agreed to.
You didn't provide enough details:
- do you owe a bank or loan app
- do you owe a business partner
- did you authorize auto debit for other things like school fees, church donations, rent, telecoms etc.
Did you provide your bvn
Banks and loan apps would like go after all your known accounts anywhere.
The most important thing is the agreement you signed. It should be stated there if other accounts can be levied.
You may need to talk to a knowledgeable person near you for more advice.
it's loan app and i only verified one atm card with them and i did not give standing order on any other bank card
Re: Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by Automolite: 11:41am On Nov 12, 2021
seglabsy:
it's loan app and i only verified one atm card with them and i did not give standing order on any other bank card
Fear not..they can only autodebit the atm linked to that account.
If e to much.. deactivate the atm and get new one
By d way..which loan app are we talking here

1 Like

Re: Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by seglabsy(m): 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
Automolite:
Fear not..they can only autodebit the atm linked to that account. If e to much.. deactivate the atm and get new one By d way..which loan app are we talking here
L CREDIT AND CABON
Re: Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by Automolite: 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
seglabsy:
L CREDIT AND CABON
U should worry abt Carbon. Ur wallet account is basically a WEMA Bank account. Though dey won't embarrass u. But since ur acct is being run by WEMA bank, it won't be difficult to debit ur other bank accounts.
Re: Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by seglabsy(m): 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
Automolite:

U should worry abt Carbon. Ur wallet account is basically a WEMA Bank account. Though dey won't embarrass u. But since ur acct is being run by WEMA bank, it won't be difficult to debit ur other bank accounts.
are you saying i borrowed from wema bank indirectly like that?because i dont have their card i only have gtb no other bank card linked,[2]if say another atm card is requested from my bank,is that the best?
Re: Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by Automolite: 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2021
seglabsy:
are you saying i borrowed from wema bank indirectly like that?because i dont have their card i only have gtb no other bank card linked,[2]if say another atm card is requested from my bank,is that the best?
1. Yes, that carbon wallet is linked to WEMA bank. For an extreme case of loan default/recovery, they "may" be forced to had over ur BVN to WEMA bank or Credit Bureau.
2. For Lcredit, loan sharks have no business creating a bank account for u, even the best of them (palmcredit) doesnt. What connects u is the atm. They send the loan request to ur gtb acct via the atm and debit it from the atm. That's why if there is no money, nothing to debit. But anyday money enta that acct, it will be wiped via autodebit.
The best bet is to request for a new card. Gtb will deactivate the old one linked to Lcash.
In summary..
Carbon is backed by a Deposit bank which gives them more power and resources, Lcash is just a loan shark company.
Re: Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by seglabsy(m): 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2021
Automolite:

1. Yes, that carbon wallet is linked to WEMA bank. For an extreme case of loan default/recovery, they "may" be forced to had over ur BVN to WEMA bank or Credit Bureau.
2. For Lcredit, loan sharks have no business creating a bank account for u, even the best of them (palmcredit) doesnt. What connects u is the atm. They send the loan request to ur gtb acct via the atm and debit it from the atm. That's why if there is no money, nothing to debit. But anyday money enta that acct, it will be wiped via autodebit.
The best bet is to request for a new card. Gtb will deactivate the old one linked to Lcash.
In summary..
Carbon is backed by a Deposit bank which gives them more power and resources, Lcash is just a loan shark company.
OK THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR RESPONSE
Re: Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by seglabsy(m): 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
Automolite:

In summary..
THEN I WANT TO ALSO ASK IF DURING MY REQUEST FOR ANOTHER CARD MONEY ENTER MY ACCOUNT, CAN I STILL WITHDRAW THE MONEY VIA OTHER MEAN APART FROM VIA ATM?
Re: Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by Automolite: 11:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
seglabsy:
THEN I WANT TO ALSO ASK IF DURING MY REQUEST FOR ANOTHER CARD MONEY ENTER MY ACCOUNT, CAN I STILL WITHDRAW THE MONEY VIA OTHER MEAN APART FROM VIA ATM?
Yes, transfer and over d counter withdrawal will still work perfectly. Just tell CS dt ur card go lost in transit so d card wud be blocked dt day. gtb shud be able to give u one of those their Instant Cards dt same day, but if not, then provide u a new one in 1 wk.
Re: Can Auto Debit Work When Card Pin Or Password Changed? by seglabsy(m): 7:38am On Nov 13, 2021
Automolite:

Yes, transfer and over d counter withdrawal will still work perfectly. Just tell CS dt ur card go lost in transit so d card wud be blocked dt day. gtb shud be able to give u one of those their Instant Cards dt same day, but if not, then provide u a new one in 1 wk.
oh thanks for much

(1) (Reply)

Running A Catering Business / Fairly Used/ New Embroidery Machines For Sale / Live Online Business – Watch Me Live AS I Will Be Turning $10 To $50,now $122

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.