Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / . (1516 Views)

What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? / See The Amount Of Money This Lady Realised After She Broke Her Savings Box / How I Was Scammed Of N2,000000 This Year January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by gunpoint(m): 3:55am On Nov 11, 2021
Re: . by Zaheertyler(m): 4:09am On Nov 11, 2021
Make I buy land here first
For morning I go build on top am

1 Like

Re: . by Apus: 4:22am On Nov 11, 2021
Ogbeni this matter hard gan oo. You borrowed her 10m she returned 15m, which kind business she do to give you such crazy interest within a short time frame? And who even borrows anyone such kind of amount without a collateral. She set bait for you, you sef kon swallow am. The EFFC would be your best bet in this type of situation. Good luck with recovering your money.
Re: . by gunpoint(m): 4:37am On Nov 11, 2021
Apus:
Ogbeni this matter hard gan oo. You borrowed her 10m she returned 15m, which kind business she do to give you such crazy interest within a short time frame? And who even borrows anyone such kind of amount without a collateral. She set bait for you, you sef kon swallow am. The EFFC would be your best bet in this type of situation. Good luck with recovering your money.
loaned her 10m, she returned 10m. then later loaned her 15m, she returned all of it
she did not return 5m as interest as you are suggesting.
Modified in case it does not read well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by PepperSauce: 4:52am On Nov 11, 2021
gunpoint:

loaned her 10m, she returned 10m. then later loaned her 15m, she returned all of it
she did not return 5m as interest as you are suggesting.
Modified in case it does not read well.

Human Right Radio and Tv is a worldwide reality program popularly know as BEREKETE. Stay tuned and have you problem solved through God given grace to Ordinary Ahmed Isa, peace.
Re: . by Anyahuruagu: 4:54am On Nov 11, 2021
Abobby eeeh.

Chai men like us learn the hard way.. Na so I carry all my car project money give family member since a year now, one story to another.

You can get this money from this lady but you have to come home and deal with her.

But you are going to spend money on this.

Get all your payment details ready and take vacation from work and come home. You will get help when you are here.
Re: . by layzie: 4:58am On Nov 11, 2021
So have u reported to efcc?
Re: . by Jay5mie: 5:22am On Nov 11, 2021
BROS, NAIRALAND IS THE WRONGEST PLACE TO GET ANY HELP OR ADVICE, THEY WILL END UP SCAMMING YOU MORE.

BE CAREFUL, DON'T PAY FOR ANYONE TO HELP YOU OR ANYONE WHO PRETENDS TO HAVE CONNECT WITH THE EFCC.

1 Like

Re: . by gunpoint(m): 5:25am On Nov 11, 2021
PepperSauce:

Human Right Radio and Tv is a worldwide reality program popularly know as BEREKETE. Stay tuned and have you problem solved through God given grace to Ordinary Ahmed Isa, peace.

How do i reach this program please?
Re: . by gunpoint(m): 5:26am On Nov 11, 2021
layzie:
So have u reported to efcc?
I have. They haven't been much help.
Re: . by TarOrfeeek: 5:59am On Nov 11, 2021
If man ask you for N1,000 to use see road.

Una go squeeze face like beans way water no dey inside.

But you done carry N26m give person way you no know.

Whom brain is given, sense is expected.

5 Likes

Re: . by daddytime(m): 5:59am On Nov 11, 2021
Na wa oh

This was a well thought out original pyramid scheme in the mould of MMM.

She couldn't have pulled this out alone. Her so-called husband was in the background pulling the strings.
Dem turn you to offshore maga

This is a very huge and sad one.

Until recently, I wouldn't have trusted myself not to fall into this because of how soft my heart gets at people's pity stories. But these days, if I can't afford to lose it or let it go, I no dey give as loan.

The one wey pain me pass na say, after all that desert waka wey I know how dangerous e be, na like this you come take waste your sweat and I dey sure say your family dey one corner without up to #5M from you oh..

What a life-altering gullibility.

I hope you find help to trace this evil woman and recover whatever you can from her.

So sorry mate.

*I dey sell clean USA used laptops. Check my signature jare

2 Likes

Re: . by fortune1894(m): 7:08am On Nov 11, 2021
IF NA MAN ASK YOU FOR LOAN,YOU WILL TURN YOUR BACK ON HIM

2 Likes

Re: . by Westmins: 7:21am On Nov 11, 2021
Apus:
did you send her the money through bank account

If yes that is also easy to get your money back
But without these i doubt u can do anything while you are abroad, so you have to be back home for that....
Re: . by ecomalchemist(m): 7:26am On Nov 11, 2021
It's a cold world out here, if you looseguard Dem maga you in quick succession.

Stay woke, stay sharp and always remain active.

Nigerians are brutally wicked people when it comes to repaying loans...

Just give what you can afford and close that chapter.
Re: . by gunpoint(m): 7:35am On Nov 11, 2021
ecomalchemist:
It's a cold world out here, if you looseguard Dem maga you in quick succession.

Stay woke, stay sharp and always remain active.

I don't give nobody any loan unless you are at the point of death...even at that, you gatts bring collateral twice of the loan sef.

Nigerians are brutally wicked people when it comes to repaying loans...

Just give what you can afford and close that chapter.

Tell
ME
About
It
cry
Re: . by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 11, 2021
Sad one
Re: . by Abcruz(m): 8:15am On Nov 11, 2021
That woman you transacted with may have been a yahoo boy in the background.

He told you all sorts of stories to exploit your emotional weakness, he returned back the little you gave him initially with interest to win your trust. He returned back the 10 million and 15 million to solidify the trust.

When he saw that you have trusted him enough not to say no to his request over the years, he placed a costly demand on your life savings.

He used reversed psychology on you.

Report to the EFCC they may be of help in recovering your fund.

Moral Lesson :: Trust no one. Not even your own blood let alone a total stranger.

2 Likes

Re: . by soundOsonic: 8:50am On Nov 11, 2021
Think bro
Re: . by stacyadams: 8:56am On Nov 11, 2021
gunpoint:
Front Page needed please Mods

This story is long and like Nigerians would do, they will probably laugh but here goes.

I worked for a while for an organisation in Lagos. This is where I met my scammer. We were recruited together and started on the same day and became friends. This was in 2007. Not long after in 2008 or 2009, she left the company/country to go do a masters and we lost contact. In after saving every kobo from that job, in 2015 I used my money to cross desert and left too as part of the outflux from Nigeria.

I can’t say its been a bed of roses as hussle overseas is hard, but I have been able to make ends meet and been saving like a lunatic.

Out of the blue in 2015, this woman/scammer contacted me. She was back in Nigeria, married and in a very toxic relationship with her partner as she told the story. According to her, even though her husband worked for a big organisation in Lagos and was doing very well, she was struggling to feed. Even though she had foreign masters, he wouldn’t let her work when she tried and was making her life hell over working. When she quit he job, he wouldn’t provide for her and the child they had together.

She then pleaded with me to loan her anything, any amount to trade with. I believe I loaned her N250k not bothering what she wanted to trade. Couple of weeks later, she rang me back, returned the 250k and like 20k on top. I said thank you and moved on.

This continued, she would call for more, return on time and return with something.

As time went on, her husband left the country to join the hussle overseas. She reached out to me to say he had finally abandoned her and their kid and she was starving. She said to fund his exit, he sold all their household property, sold the apartment they lived in, borrowed money given to her for safe keeping by her aunt and basically ran with it. All this was her side of the story. As I was not friends with the husband, I could not verify what she said as true. I took pity on this horrible woman and asked what she wanted to do. She asked for a loan, she was going to start a business and wanted me to be an investor. This was in 2018. All in all I loaned her N26m between 2018-19.
This might sound like I am a rich person but no. I had no reason to doubt her. I had loaned her 10m, she returned. Loaned her 15m, she returned that as well. So I gave her the 26m and that was the beginning of my problems.
She was supposed to return 13m at the end of 2019 and the balance whenever I requested it. We agreed the return in this way so as not to crash the business she was building. I told her, add whatever you can afford on top, no obligations.
This woman who used to speak to me once or twice a week, every week since 2015 is now unreachable. She has been unreachable since Dec of 2019. She has blocked me everywhere. Whatsapp/Facebook/Instagram/Phone calls. Ofcos when i hide my number, her phone rings but she doesn't pick as she suspects its me.
As I do not reside in the country, I have been unable to do anything to her. The country I reside in has been in mad lockdown/covid since March 2020 so I cannot leave/travel.
This woman basically has all my life savings.

I thought I was saving a life as per her cries about her husband from 2015 to 2019 and investing back home while out there hussling, this person is basically about to ruin me.

This is an example of why it is wrong to help anyone in Nigeria. This wicked wicked woman has taught me my life lesson. that if you find someone suffering, it Is God’s will for the person so don’t interfere.

And before anyone insinuates that maybe I had a relationship with her, well obviously I live too far away for that to be true. Neither did we run things when we were colleagues for a year or so.

I have been reading here how EFCC has been moving all of these suspected yahoo boys, I really need help. I don’t know who needs to see this to help but don’t know what else to do.
I have hired lawyers to go after her but they are either incompetent or hampered by the Nigerian snail paced legal system.
Nothing is off the table here, post your suggestions as I will read all comments
. Give me the job make I track her for you, ,but u gats d naija with evidence so u go recover ur money,26m no be money wey u go d outside d find solution......una suppose Don know say them no d loan woman money
Re: . by Saskay44: 9:11am On Nov 11, 2021
Lol
Re: . by Knows(m): 9:53am On Nov 11, 2021
Message me if u can trust me and I will help you with necessary steps to take but all base on trust cus I know you have trust issue rn.
Re: . by Righteousness2(m): 10:45am On Nov 11, 2021
Be very careful to avoid been Re-Duped Here.

Why not Google Efcc and try Contacting the Numbers you see there. Explain your Matter, and see how it goes from there.
Re: . by davillian(m): 10:57am On Nov 11, 2021
I laugh
Ode Mimi man....
Re: . by rotile247(m): 11:05am On Nov 11, 2021
According to the op He loaned her 10m which she returned. Then on another ocassion he loaned her 15m which she also returned. Now a loan of 26m is not returned.

Apus:
Re: . by Nikkganc08(m): 11:22am On Nov 11, 2021
gunpoint:
Front Page needed please Mods

This story is long and like Nigerians would do, they will probably laugh but here goes.

I worked for a while for an organisation in Lagos. This is where I met my scammer. We were recruited together and started on the same day and became friends. This was in 2007. Not long after in 2008 or 2009, she left the company/country to go do a masters and we lost contact. In after saving every kobo from that job, in 2015 I used my money to cross desert and left too as part of the outflux from Nigeria.

I can’t say its been a bed of roses as hussle overseas is hard, but I have been able to make ends meet and been saving like a lunatic.

Out of the blue in 2015, this woman/scammer contacted me. She was back in Nigeria, married and in a very toxic relationship with her partner as she told the story. According to her, even though her husband worked for a big organisation in Lagos and was doing very well, she was struggling to feed. Even though she had foreign masters, he wouldn’t let her work when she tried and was making her life hell over working. When she quit he job, he wouldn’t provide for her and the child they had together.

She then pleaded with me to loan her anything, any amount to trade with. I believe I loaned her N250k not bothering what she wanted to trade. Couple of weeks later, she rang me back, returned the 250k and like 20k on top. I said thank you and moved on.

This continued, she would call for more, return on time and return with something.

As time went on, her husband left the country to join the hussle overseas. She reached out to me to say he had finally abandoned her and their kid and she was starving. She said to fund his exit, he sold all their household property, sold the apartment they lived in, borrowed money given to her for safe keeping by her aunt and basically ran with it. All this was her side of the story. As I was not friends with the husband, I could not verify what she said as true. I took pity on this horrible woman and asked what she wanted to do. She asked for a loan, she was going to start a business and wanted me to be an investor. This was in 2018. All in all I loaned her N26m between 2018-19.
This might sound like I am a rich person but no. I had no reason to doubt her. I had loaned her 10m, she returned. Loaned her 15m, she returned that as well. So I gave her the 26m and that was the beginning of my problems.
She was supposed to return 13m at the end of 2019 and the balance whenever I requested it. We agreed the return in this way so as not to crash the business she was building. I told her, add whatever you can afford on top, no obligations.
This woman who used to speak to me once or twice a week, every week since 2015 is now unreachable. She has been unreachable since Dec of 2019. She has blocked me everywhere. Whatsapp/Facebook/Instagram/Phone calls. Ofcos when i hide my number, her phone rings but she doesn't pick as she suspects its me.
As I do not reside in the country, I have been unable to do anything to her. The country I reside in has been in mad lockdown/covid since March 2020 so I cannot leave/travel.

I thought I was saving a life as per her cries about her husband from 2015 to 2019 and investing back home while out there hussling, this person is basically about to ruin me.

This is an example of why it is wrong to help anyone in Nigeria. This wicked wicked woman has taught me my life lesson. that if you find someone suffering, it Is God’s will for the person so don’t interfere.

And before anyone insinuates that maybe I had a relationship with her, well obviously I live too far away for that to be true. Neither did we run things when we were colleagues for a year or so.

I have been reading here how EFCC has been moving all of these suspected yahoo boys, I really need help. I don’t know who needs to see this to help but don’t know what else to do.
I have hired lawyers to go after her but they are either incompetent or hampered by the Nigerian snail paced legal system.
Nothing is off the table here, post your suggestions as I will read all comments

Did u send d money via bitcoin?
Or to a real bank account?

If its bitcoin, forget it. Its gone. But u can still recover it by using local vigilante guys and traditional rulers to sort it out.

But if d money was sent to a bank account, there's hope.

for a start, you'll need a Police report and a court order.

Then follow other steps.

Police won't help u. There job is to collect money for d police report, then move on with thier Normal life.

Lawyers won't help u either. They r just their to collect service fees from u and maybe, write letters to the bank .

Anyway...

DM let's talk.

The earlier the better.

Click my WhatsApp profile to get my contact.

I'm available via WhatsApp, calls , telegram, etc
Re: . by PowersthatBe: 11:27am On Nov 11, 2021
It was all A SET UP. But that asides, you have some serious lessons you need to learn on having 'personal and business' principles. You had none! Else you would have known the limits and know when to instill boundaries.

You are a victim of Guilibilty, Naivety, Emotions and too much Niceness.

2 Likes

Re: . by chosen4now: 12:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
Your story friend is very pathetic... However I want you to know that all is not lost... Your money will be recovered by the grace of God.. This is what you will need do... Download human right radio app... Their program is from 7.30am to 10 am from Monday to Saturday.... You can also watch their live program online via YouTube.... If all you said here is the truth... You will get remedy through... And for your information... They don't charge anything for the service....
Also you can reach me on whatapp for ordinary president whatapp number.... Best of luck....
Be reminded that you don't need to spend more money to recover your money from this woman..
Re: . by Nozino: 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
gunpoint:

I sincerely hope you get your money back.
Re: . by GLReocord: 12:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
Sorry man. Move on
Re: . by gunpoint(m): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
A few ppl have reached out and I feel like I am on a path to resolving this now. Thanks all, this I believe is what Nairaland is for.
I will close the tread for now.

1 Like

Re: . by SavageResponse(m): 3:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
GLReocord:
Sorry man. Move on

He should forget his entire life savings of N26 million and move on just like that?! angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Demolishes 2,000 Shops In Onitsha, Traders Displaced / First Indoor Golf Facility In Nigeria / Fund Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.