Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,594 members, 7,847,508 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:14 PM

Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? (1035 Views)

Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less / Which Nice Country Can I Relocate To Legally With ₦8m? / USA To Deport 7000 Ghanaians Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
One cool evening earlier this year I was taking a stroll down one of the streets in Accra in my T-shirt and shorts when I suddenly felt someone running after me and trying to get my attention. I turned to see a young man respectfully asking if I wanted to have my hair cut. I laughed hard as I was having an Afro on… because, no I really didn't want to cut the hair I had been deliberately keeping for months. But his warm attitude and respectful manner of approach made me follow him like a jazzed fellow back into his shop which was just by the roadside and behind me.

To my shock, as I got in, I was instantly swarmed by about 3 or 4 ladies who were all smiles and immediately asking me what kind of drink they should get for me. "Beer or any other drink?' they inquired. Han han? Is this a joke or what? Again I laughed as I was still trying to figure why all the niceties. But they were serious. The ladies in fact insisted in the presence of a female customer that bills for the drink would be on them. Lobatan!

All the while, the barber was busy showing me his own corner of the salon, and jokingly sharing with me that he is the only guy among them females and all that. Impressed, I sha had small chit-chat and a good laugh with all of them, promised to come back and left.

Now before you rush to say that was an isolated case, I noticed the same warm attitude towards me almost everywhere else in that country- from some of the airport officials' behaviour to the market woman's behaviour and even the uber drivers.

Now my issue is why were these people so warm and respectful? That was my first time in their country and I'm still wondering, are Ghanaians always like this?
Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by Solsix(m): 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
That's how normal people behave, Nigeria is just an exception. Once you enter Nigeria everything changes, even the breeze. Tufiakwa

8 Likes

Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by staga: 8:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
SundayNightGist:
One cool evening earlier this year I was taking a stroll down one of the streets in Accra in my T-shirt and shorts when I suddenly felt someone running after me and trying to get my attention. I turned to see a young man respectfully asking if I wanted to have my hair cut. I laughed hard as I was having an Afro on… because, no I really didn't want to cut the hair I had been deliberately keeping for months. But his warm attitude and respectful manner of approach made me follow him like a jazzed fellow back into his shop which was just by the roadside and behind me.

To my shock, as I got in, I was instantly swarmed by about 3 or 4 ladies who were all smiles and immediately asking me what kind of drink they should get for me. "Beer or any other drink?' they inquired. Han han? Is this a joke or what? Again I laughed as I was still trying to figure why all the niceties. But they were serious. The ladies in fact insisted in the presence of a female customer that bills for the drink would be on them. Lobatan!

All the while, the barber was busy showing me his own corner of the salon, and jokingly sharing with me that he is the only guy among them females and all that. Impressed, I sha had small chit-chat and a good laugh with all of them, promised to come back and left.

Now before you rush to say that was an isolated case, I noticed the same warm attitude towards me almost everywhere else in that country- from some of the airport officials' behaviour to the market woman's behaviour and even the uber drivers.

Now my issue is why were these people so warm and respectful? That was my first time in their country and I'm still wondering, are Ghanaians always like this?

The average Ghanaians are nice. But a few are just not it at all.

3 Likes

Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 11, 2021
Solsix:
That's how normal people behave, Nigeria is just an exception. Once you enter Nigeria everything changes, even the breeze. Tufiakwa

Honestly...

3 Likes

Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
staga:

The average Ghanaians are nice. But a few are just not it at all.

Hmmmn... well, there will always be those few that are just somehow.
Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by Shellsploit: 10:28pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ghanaians are accommodators..
Speaking from experience!

Op. Where in Ghana do u reside?

3 Likes

Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 11, 2021
Shellsploit:
Ghanaians are accommodators..
Speaking from experience!

Op. Where in Ghana do u reside?

I quite agree. They are very warm people and friendly too.

I don't reside in Ghana, but when I visited, I stayed in Achimota.

Do you live in Ghana yourself?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by Shellsploit: 11:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
SundayNightGist:

I quite agree. They are very warm people and friendly too.

I don't reside in Ghana, but when I visited, I stayed in Achimota.

Do you live in Ghana yourself?

Ok. Once stayed at suyani, dodosuo and gambia 2 all in brong ahafo region.

2 Likes

Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by Nobody: 1:17am On Nov 12, 2021
Shellsploit:

Ok. Once stayed at suyani, dodosuo and gambia 2 all in brong ahafo region.

Oh I see. That's interesting...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by traveladdict: 8:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
nigeria is a very dangerous place sha... this is how sane humans should behave but 9ja has made us see this as something to talk about, may God help us

3 Likes

Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by rocken001: 3:47am On Nov 14, 2021

1 Like

Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by Pandorah(m): 9:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
rocken001:
My brother what cheap place can you recommend for someone moving to Ghana to work as a freelancer...
Cheap place in terms of rent, cost of food, etc.
Pls would appreciate the feedback
Darkuman in Official town.
Send me a PM so we can chat better or ask whatever questions u wanna ask and I'll gladly reply.
Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by Dollywood(m): 9:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
Solsix:

Damn, bruh cheesy grin
Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by Dollywood(m): 9:39pm On Nov 14, 2021
The average Nigerian is passing through something, so we have something on our mind any thing finna make us snap and become so aggressive.

1 Like

Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by rocken001: 11:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by Pandorah(m): 10:31am On Nov 15, 2021
rocken001:
Thanks Man...May I have your WhatsApp.
Don't know how PM works on nairaland but I did click on send email message to you...
Check your mail box. I've sent a reply
Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by rocken001: 11:35am On Nov 15, 2021
Re: Are Ghanaians Really This Nice? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
rocken001:
My brother what cheap place can you recommend for someone moving to Ghana to work as a freelancer...
Cheap place in terms of rent, cost of food, etc.
Pls would appreciate the feedback

In addition to what Shellsploit will share with you, this info might also come in handy.

These are the 5 cheapest places to live in Ghana (especially in terms of feeding and accommodation):

1. Eastern Part- e.g Koforidua- this is one of the best cities outside Accra in terms of access to social amenities and government institutions.

2. Central Region- e.g Cape Coast- this place has a population of about 2.3m people and most of Ghana's tourist destinations are located here. This region has over 500 towns and cities.

3. Brong Ahafo Region- this area hosts the greatest agricultural market in Ghana, although is less industrialized. It also holds huge prospects for business development (especially if you're into agriculture).

4. Volta Region- this is the most diverse part of Ghana in terms of climate and weather. It is also very close to Togo.

5. Northern Region- this is by far the cheapest place to live in Ghana, although it is mostly hot in terms of weather. However, it is peaceful and relaxed. I wouldn't advise you to live there though as it does not have very good history as such.

All the best in your quest.
Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Can I Leave Nigeria With This Problem / Singapore (asean Tiger) / Study In Malaysia-may Entry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.