Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:47 PM

Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED (3853 Views)

Making Of A Beautiful Gate. COMPLETED AND DELIVERED / Land For Sale In Beautiful Gate Estate Phase 1 Ibeju Lekki Town Lagos / A BEAUTIFUL GATE AND FENCED ESTATE(LEKKI PRECIOUS GARDEN ESTATE) IBEJU LEKKI #1M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
omanzo02:

I could spend that on a balustrade but definitely not on a fence rails. I might just go for hollow pipes.
right now, it's all about conservation of scarce resources and good utilization. That way, you get what you want. But no one uses such thing for fence rails. It's usually used as balcony rails and stair rails specifically
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by omanzo02: 3:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
michlins:
right now, it's all about conservation of scarce resources and good utilization. That way, you get what you want. But no one uses such thing for fence rails. It's usually used as balcony rails and stair rails specifically

I have seen some on fence rails tho unless they are different materials

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2021
omanzo02:

I have seen some on fence rails tho unless they are different materials
the first picture is from Yankee, the second picture is 10mm steel rods. Nothing about it is wrought at all
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2021
I did something similar for a Nairalander.

Second picture is another sample

2 Likes

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by omanzo02: 9:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
michlins:
I did something similar for a Nairalander.

Second picture is another sample

Is the second picture steel too? That's is a creative job.
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by Goshiii: 1:10am On Nov 17, 2021
michlins keep up the good work. Please can you direct me on where I can buy power tools from. Tools from brands like DeWalt, Milwaukee, Ryobi etc.
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 1:54am On Nov 17, 2021
Goshiii:
michlins keep up the good work. Please can you direct me on where I can buy power tools from. Tools from brands like DeWalt, Milwaukee, Ryobi etc.
those brands you mentioned are very expensive and as such not readily available in the open market like that. They're usually sold in big malls like ShopRite and stuff. Kindly note that the market is filled with fakes of the said brands.
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 1:56am On Nov 17, 2021
omanzo02:

Is the second picture steel too? That's is a creative job.
yes sir. 16mm rod to replicate it exactly as the sample
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 1:57am On Nov 17, 2021
The cleaning of this gate has been completed. Painting starts this morning earnestly.

Hard brushing the gate to remove dirts and ensure it's very smooth after painting

1 Like

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 9:01am On Nov 17, 2021
I have started with the painting job this morning

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2021
For the love of black and because black is beautiful

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by reaky(m): 6:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
♥️
I need to see this gate with my two follow come eye o
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
reaky:
♥️
I need to see this gate with my two follow come eye o
say no more

1 Like

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by reaky(m): 12:41am On Nov 19, 2021
This is beautiful ☺️
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 11:58am On Nov 19, 2021
Wrapped up the gate and waiting for the truck for delivery

1 Like

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 4:06am On Nov 20, 2021
Wrapped up this gate for delivery later today

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2021
Delivered to site. Work is finished. We move to next one

1 Like

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by ohchacha: 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2021
The gate is really pretty. In general, I'm surprised how such beautiful objects can be made using welding. By the way, I often see how welders can be poorly equipped. It looks like a negligent attitude towards one's own health. I've read a lot of information about protection at https://wisewelders.com/educational-guides/welding-safety-gear/, so if suddenly you're a welder, then I recommend that you read this article.
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by InvertedHammer: 7:47am On Nov 27, 2021
Michlins:

/
Quotation needed:
------------+++++-----------

Single iron doors

Qty: 16 - 18

My NL email is not active.

/
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 8:00am On Nov 27, 2021
InvertedHammer:

Michlins:

/
Quotation needed:
------------+++++-----------

Single iron doors

Qty: 16 - 18

My NL email is not active.

/
sent to the attached email in the mail
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 8:01am On Nov 27, 2021
ohchacha:
The gate is really pretty. In general, I'm surprised how such beautiful objects can be made using welding. By the way, I often see how welders can be poorly equipped. It looks like a negligent attitude towards one's own health. I've read a lot of information about protection at https://wisewelders.com/educational-guides/welding-safety-gear/, so if suddenly you're a welder, then I recommend that you read this article.
thank you for the information. I appreciate it
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by InvertedHammer: 1:57pm On Nov 27, 2021
michlins:
sent to the attached email in the mail
/
Pictures and the invoice forwarded.

They will contact you directly.

/
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
Pictures and the invoice forwarded.

They will contact you directly.

/
thank you sir. You have been helpful once again
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by omanzo02: 10:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
Michlin,
What do you think the size of square pipe of the outer frame and vertical square pipe I marked with green dot of this frame would be and what is the local name for the ornament steel in the green circle.

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 5:20am On Dec 04, 2021
omanzo02:
Michlin,
What do you think the size of square pipe of the outer frame and vertical square pipe I marked with green dot of this frame would be and what is the local name for the ornament steel in the green circle.
that's 14mm foreign wrought iron rod or 16mm local wrought iron rod.

The pipe is 40 by 40 wrought iron pipe or 1½" steel pipe

As for the ornamental stuff, it's sold separately which is very expensive or a blacksmith can cast aluminum version on the said rod
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by omanzo02: 1:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
michlins:
that's 14mm foreign wrought iron rod or 16mm local wrought iron rod.

The pipe is 40 by 40 wrought iron pipe or 1½" steel pipe

As for the ornamental stuff, it's sold separately which is very expensive or a blacksmith can cast aluminum version on the said rod

The outer frame is the 40x40 / 1½" steel pipe or vertical members you meant?

Ornament collar comes in different shapes and in different materials like aluminium, cast iron, hard and mild steel etc which I think can be obtainable in local metal shops, see pictures bellow.
They can be fitted or welded between rods or pipes.

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 1:12pm On Dec 04, 2021
omanzo02:

The outer frame is the 40x40 / 1½" steel pipe or vertical members?

Ornament collar comes in different shapes and in different materials like aluminium, cast iron, hard and mild steel etc which I think can be obtainable in local metal shops, see pictures bellow.
outer frame is the 40 by 40 aka 1½" pipe. The ornamentals, yes they do come in different shapes and sizes plus materials. Cheapest is steel and the most expensive wrought iron
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by omanzo02: 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2021
michlins:
outer frame is the 40 by 40 aka 1½" pipe. The ornamentals, yes they do come in different shapes and sizes plus materials. Cheapest is steel and the most expensive wrought iron

Alright, thanks for clarifying, then the vertical members should be 14mm/16mm square pipe because the object is square/angular in shape.
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2021
omanzo02:

Alright, thanks for clarifying, then the vertical members should be 14mm/16mm square pipe because the object is square/angular in shape.
this thing will be under the weather. It's best to use 14mm foreign wrought iron rod or 16mm local wrought iron rod.

Thank you
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by omanzo02: 2:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
michlins:
this thing will be under the weather. It's best to use 14mm foreign wrought iron rod or 16mm local wrought iron rod.

Thank you

How much or price range does the foreign (14mm) and local (16mm) wrought iron rod goes for in the market?
Pity no online market to check them out.
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
omanzo02:

How much or price range does the foreign (14mm) and local (16mm) wrought iron rod goes for in the market?
Pity no online market to check them out.
local rods are 18ft long and goes for less 4,000. While foreign rods are 9ft long and goes for about 4,500
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by omanzo02: 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2021
michlins:
local rods are 18ft long and goes for less 4,000. While foreign rods are 9ft long and goes for about 4,500

Thanks for the professional advice, your weather point struck a chord considering salt available in our water en humidity, a thicker 1½" pipe will be the best target for corrosion and welding heat in my opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Makes Ilupeju A Choice Location For Residential & Commercial Properties? / Quick Sale Of 65rooms Office Complex @ Ligali Ayorinde Victoria Island Lagos / Lockdown Giveaway Price N500k/Plot of land @ Abijo, Awoyaya, Sangotedo axis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.