Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport (1125 Views)

Even Virgin Passport / U.S TRIP:ABUJA-DUBAI-WASHINGTON D.C:21 Hours Stopover In Dubai with Video / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport by Timmybr: 5:57am On Nov 12, 2021
Hello Nairalander,

I traveled down to Dubai from Nigeria with an Entry Permit on A Virgin Passport. I would like to share my experience with you. How I got my eVisa (Residence), One-Way Ticket, and how I processed my Emirates ID within 5days.

....to be continued!
Re: Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport by vansledge(m): 6:07am On Nov 12, 2021
Make I carry my seat come sidon for front o...

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport by Timmybr: 6:15am On Nov 12, 2021
I got Entry Permit eVisa with 2 months expiring date. I called some few ticketing agents to get me a one-way flight ticket. All of them required i do return ticket, but the visa stated (Residence), they are not sure if I will be allowed to board because of the one way ticket.

An agent finally agreed to book one way ticket for me with a clause that if I'm denied boarding, there will be no refund for me. I got my ticket on Kenya airways, because is the cheapest, there is no need to isolate for 14days. Just to do antigen COVID test on ground Nairobi in Kenya. The flight day, I rushed down to the international airport with my virgin passport. I've been hearing how is always difficult to pass with virgin passport in Nigeria, how the whole agents at the airport will obtain you just because of virgin passport.

.....to be continued
Re: Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport by Tokskob2008: 6:18am On Nov 12, 2021
You have got an Emirate ID already You don't have any problem at all...
Re: Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport by BRATISLAVA: 6:26am On Nov 12, 2021
Even people that don't know where the airport is will give you advice.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport by Timmybr: 7:04am On Nov 12, 2021
...when I got to the airport, I strolled in my bags through the scanning machine, and I was expecting the security agent mounting the machine to call me for a search, but none did. I was even waiting to see if I would be called, but with I see no one paid attention to me, I walked down to Kenya airways check in counter.

There I met a guy, asking for me visa first, her verified it, then he asked for my COVID test result, he verified it, then my ticket. After that, he signed on my docs, then asking if I know I will need to take undertaken, undertaken for what I asked, he said for agreeing to pay for my antigen COVID test on ground Nairobi. He gave me the undertaken sample, which I wrote and signed on my photocopied international passport. After that, I was checked in, and given boarding pass to proceed to the board gate. Here you will pass immigration.

...to be continued
Re: Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport by Timmybr: 11:38am On Nov 12, 2021
.....At the immigration check, the queue was so long that it took more than one hour before my turn. When I got to the immigration officer, I was expecting some kind of questions, which to my surprise, no one ask, my passport was just stamped and I passed the screening point, walking down the boarding gate and I was intercepted by the NDLEA officers.

My hand carriage was searched, but nothing found, but one of them held on to my passport, saying I should drop something for them. I just smiled and replied that the country is hard, I have nothing to give them. Then questions came in, where is my final destination, I replied UAE, and I was asked my traveling purpose, I replied for training, then my passport was given back to me, and I walked down to the boarding gate. By then, it was after 10pm.

Immediately I got to the gate, my bag was searched and we were ready to board after 30mins of waiting. We boarded on Boeing 737-800 Kenya airways aircraft, and we took off around after 11pm or to 12pm thereabout

....to be continued
Re: Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport by Fiestafetta: 5:44pm On Nov 12, 2021
Timmybr:
.....At the immigration check, the queue was so long that it took more than one hour before my turn. When I got to the immigration officer, I was expecting some kind of questions, which to my surprise, no one ask, my passport was just stamped and I passed the screening point, walking down the boarding gate and I was intercepted by the NDLEA officers.

My hand carriage was searched, but nothing found, but one of them held on to my passport, saying I should drop something for them. I just smiled and replied that the country is hard, I have nothing to give them. Then questions came in, where is my final destination, I replied UAE, and I was asked my traveling purpose, I replied for training, then my passport was given back to me, and I walked down to the boarding gate. By then, it was after 10pm.

Immediately I got to the gate, my bag was searched and we were ready to board after 30mins of waiting. We boarded on Boeing 737-800 Kenya airways aircraft, and we took off around after 11pm or to 12pm thereabout

....to be continued

Following
Re: Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport by kingb1993(m): 12:13am On Nov 13, 2021
Interesting. I'd be starting my new job at Atlantis the Palm Dubai next week and would be traveling with a Virgin Passport as well. My company will be sorting out my Visa entry permit, ticket fare and accommodation
I pray I dont have any unusual treatment from Immigration officials as the mere thought of it gives me goosebumps.
Its gonna be my first time flying and I'd be flying with Emirates.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport by Timmybr: 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
....we took off from Nigeria and landed in Kenya around 6am, Nairobi is 1 hour ahead of Lagos. We disembarked the aircraft and matched to the where to do antigen test, but we were told w could only do that by 10am. We waited till 10am, and we were taken in airport shuttle to the test centre outside the airport. We were charged $60 for the test, we were taken back to the airport waiting for the result which would be sent to our mail address.

Flight from Nairobi to Dubai was scheduled to take off by 5:30pm. We checked in around 3pm, all result were negative. Boarding call was announced around 4:50pm, and by 6pm, we took off on d dreamliner aircraft. Every seat has a screen attached to it, with lots of movies, information about your flight, flight tracking and lot of information. I watched action movies till will land in Dubai, making 5hours flight so short. It was fun watching different movies, and at the same time, tracking the aircraft's movement.

...to be continued
Re: Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport by Bedtec: 3:20pm On Nov 13, 2021
following
Re: Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport by femijay8271(m): 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2021
Make I sit down for here
Re: Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport by Timmybr: 12:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
....On arriving Dubai international airport, we matched down to where to do COVID test on arrival. The queue was so long because everybody arriving Dubai must be tested. The line was moving more than expected because of the crowd, but within 30mins, I was done. We then matched to the immigration. There I thought I would be asked lots of questions, but to my surprised, I was only asked of my passport and evisa, which my passport was stamped under 3mins.

That was how easy it could be, when you're with genuine papers. I will open another thread and talk about many lies about the UAE government not renewing Nigerian's work permit. And also, how I got my Emirates ID.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

JAPA: I Want To Leave Nigeria To New Zealand Or UK (advice Needed) / I Need Advice Oo: / Which Country Is Better For Education And Livelihood: South Africa Or Malaysia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.