Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,417 members, 7,853,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:43 AM

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible (1155 Views)

T.B Joshua Saga: Wiseman Daniel Speaks About How Trouble Started In Synagogue / See The Oldest Catholic Church In Eastern Nigeria, Started In 1886: Pics / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:50am On Nov 12, 2021
ISLAM started in the Bible

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

The first Arab, according to the Book of Genesis in the Old Testament was Ishmael (Ismail), from whom Arabs of 7th century Arabia claimed scriptural descent when they became Muslims.

The Biblical tale goes, in the Book of Genesis, that ‘When Abram was seventy-five years old, God promised him that through his seed the nations of the earth would be blessed. But as yet, the patriarch had no offspring. A decade rolled by and still no child blessed the home of Abram and his wife, Sarai. Finally, Sarai suggested that a child be obtained for Abram through Hajar, Sarai’s Egyptian handmaid, for such was an accepted custom in those days, upheld in the ancient ‘Code of Hammurabi (146)’.

A number of extraordinary Biblical prophecies were made about Ishmael and his descendants. It was foretold that lshmael would be “a wild ass among men; his hand shall be against every man, and every man’s hand against him. And he shall dwell over against all his brethren” (Genesis 16:12).

Later, it was said of Ishmael that God would “multiply him exceedingly,” and that he would be the father of “twelve princes” and a “great nation would proceed from him”
(Genesis 17:20). Those who keep track say that these prophecies were dramatically fulfilled by the Arabs and by their eventual religion, Islam.

❤️❤️❤️

God promise Hagar in order to encourage and comfort her?

We read his promise in verses Genesis 11-12. The ESV translates the Hebrew like this:

Behold, you are pregnant
and shall bear a son.
You shall call his name Ishmael,
because the Lord has listened to your affliction.
He will be a wild donkey of a man,
his hand against everyone,
and everyone’s hand against him,
and he shall dwell over against his kinsmen.

This prophesy does not bode well for Ishmael’s future and the future of all his offspring. A wild donkey is not tamed, it does whatever it wants and lives far from others. Ishmael and his descendants would dwell in the desert areas of Saudi Arabia and surrounding countries. Ishmael and his descendants would be in conflict with everyone and everyone would be in conflict with them. He would also be against his kinsmen, which would be the descendants of the child of promise yet to be born Isaac.

So, the foolish plan of Sarai and Abram would affect not just their home, but their descendants for thousands of years.

Muhammad is considered to be one of the many descendants of Ishmael. The oldest extant biography of Muhammad, compiled by Ibn Ishaq, and edited by Ibn Hisham, opens: The Qur'an, however, does not have any genealogies. It was well-known among the Arabs that Quraysh were the descendants of Ishmael.

So God foretold the coming of Islam and Muslims so just like Judaism, Muslims are meant to be preached to and bring them into the kingdom of the Son of God.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by thorpido(m): 8:33am On Nov 12, 2021
So God foretold the coming of Islam and Muslims so just like Judaism, Muslims are meant to be preached to and bring them into the kingdom of the Son of God.
What crappy article is this?
So because he is a descendant of Abrahim means God foretold the coming of Islam?

1 Like

Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by AntiChristian: 11:26am On Nov 12, 2021
Gen 17:20
And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.

Where is Ishmael's great nation abi the verse above na lie?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by MightySparrow: 11:37am On Nov 12, 2021
Lie of Lair Mohammed.
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
thorpido:

So because he is a descendant of Abrahim means God foretold the coming of Islam?

Did you actually read the end of the article
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
thorpido:

So when I said we should preach to them does that not mean they are not saved yet
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
AntiChristian:
And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.

All the Arab states countries are Ishmael descendant
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
MightySparrow:
Lie of Lair Mohammed.

Where did I lie
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by thorpido(m): 5:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

So when I said we should preach to them does that not mean they are not saved yet
Islam didn't start in the Bible.Your heading and its contents are misleading.
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
thorpido:
Islam didn't start in the Bible.Your heading and its contents are misleading.

Christianity is not when Jesus came because God foretold Jesus right from genesis

God too foretold Islam character right from Genesis

1 Like

Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:59am On Nov 13, 2021
The “Prophet’s” system involved an aggressive “bloody-sword” ideology. No longer content to persuade by words, “the sword” became “the key of heaven and hell,” and whoever died in battle received pardon from all sin and entered into the joys of a sensual Paradise (see McClintock, 6.407).

Mohammed’s “heavy hand,” and those of his violent successors, were felt in nation after nation. Even today, in countries where Islam is the prevailing political force, persecution against non-Muslims is fierce (see Duin)

Muslim terrorist attacks like that of September 11, 2001 are not an expression of aberrant radicalism; it is Islam in its purest form.

And it is but a further commentary on “his hand against every man”!

1 Like

Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by AntiChristian: 10:11am On Nov 13, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

All the Arab states countries are Ishmael descendant

So God made them a great nation right but their religion is not great? grin
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 11:02am On Nov 13, 2021
AntiChristian:

So God made them a great nation right but their religion is not great? grin

Some thing can be great it does not make it the perfect way now

Both Judaism and Islam all have the same root which is part of the old way by which angels passed on information from God to man

But now God has commanded all men to listen to his son Jesus

He who has the son has eternal life in him

Come to the holy one of God and know peace

2 Likes

Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by AntiChristian: 11:17am On Nov 13, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Both Judaism and Islam all have the same root which is part of the old way by which angels passed on information from God to man

So God made them a great nation without their religion being great? Did God forgot to make their religion great? So how are they great?
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 11:31am On Nov 13, 2021
AntiChristian:

So God made them a great nation without their religion being great? Did God forgot to make their religion great? So how are they great?

God announces that Abraham and Sarah will have a son, after all. His 13-year old son Ishmael will be blessed, but this new son, Isaac, to be born within the year, will be the one to whom God's covenant promises will pass.

However, God acknowledges that He has heard Abraham's request for Ishmael, whose name means "God hears."

God repeats what had been promised to Hagar (Genesis 16:10–12), that Ishmael's offspring would be numerous.

God adds that Ishmael will father 12 princes and become a great nation. Ishmael, then, is to be greatly blessed, though in merely human terms. His offspring, divided into 12 princes, will become a great nation, but they will not become the covenant people of God.

Isaac's offspring, also destined to be divided into 12 tribes, will become God's own nation.

So that great means many in population and wealth and other beautiful things it does not mean spiritual greatness

Because it through isaac that the real blessing to mankind will come from which is Jesus

1 Like

Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by AntiChristian: 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

God announces that Abraham and Sarah will have a son, after all. His 13-year old son Ishmael will be blessed, but this new son, Isaac, to be born within the year, will be the one to whom God's covenant promises will pass.

However, God acknowledges that He has heard Abraham's request for Ishmael, whose name means "God hears."

God repeats what had been promised to Hagar (Genesis 16:10–12), that Ishmael's offspring would be numerous.

God adds that Ishmael will father 12 princes and become a great nation. Ishmael, then, is to be greatly blessed, though in merely human terms. His offspring, divided into 12 princes, will become a great nation, but they will not become the covenant people of God.

Isaac's offspring, also destined to be divided into 12 tribes, will become God's own nation.

So that great means many in population and wealth and other beautiful things it does not mean spiritual greatness

Because it through isaac that the real blessing to mankind will come from which is Jesus

If a father gives one son more than the other like these won't we say the father is partial?

That's why i love Islam. Isaac and Ishmael are Prophets and one is not superior to the other except in terms of piety, works and righteousness!
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2021
AntiChristian:

If a father gives one son more than the other like these won't we say the father is partial?

That's why i love Islam. Isaac and Ishmael are Prophets and one is not superior to the other except in terms of piety, works and righteousness!

. God shows one is superior

Isaac is the promise child

While Ishmael is the one made by man decisive nature

The real promise child Jesus was to come through Isaac lineage

1 Like

Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by AntiChristian: 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

. God shows one is superior

Isaac is the promise child

While Ishmael is the one made by man decisive nature

The real promise child Jesus was to come through Isaac lineage

And you think your God is fair like that? Can you do something like that to two of your kids?
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:29pm On Nov 13, 2021
AntiChristian:

And you think your God is fair like that? Can you do something like that to two of your kids?

If God tell you to write A and you force yourself to write B before writing A

Do you think God will be fair to you

That the same thing that happened to Adam and eve

There is aways a price to disobedience

1 Like

Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by AntiChristian: 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

If God tell you to write A and you force yourself to write B before writing A

Do you think God will be fair to you

That the same thing that happened to Adam and eve

There is aways a price to disobedience
You are avoiding the question.

Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:52pm On Nov 13, 2021
AntiChristian:
You are avoiding the question.

am human I can't see the future that why I can't do it like that

But God sees every thing he knows all things
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:06am On Nov 15, 2021
Show love to a Muslim to win them for God
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by ABIODUN105(m): 7:47pm On Nov 15, 2021
AntiChristian:

Ishmael gave birth to 12 children
Gen. 25: 13-15
the son's of Ishmael were Nebajoth, Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam, Mishma, Dumah, and Massa, Hadar, Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah.

Guess what this are the children of ishmael terrorising the all world today.
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by siant: 9:01pm On Nov 15, 2021
What I Like in Islam:

In the mosque, all worshippers are equal. Nobody is greater than other. No special seat for certain people as we practice in church. They will be forming line for prayer in accordance to how they first come. No unnecessary titles and position, no permanent seat for anybody. Only the imam that leads the prayer will be at the front. Even, if buhari come last he will stay at the back. No special recognition of any vip.

Unlike in many Christian churches where most of the prayer and preaching will base on prosperity, miracles, Islam will conduct their worship and prayer according to the laid down rules and regulations. Simple. No time for frivolities and irrelevant No time for obsene dancing, where the singer will dress half naked facing the congregation to show her dancing skills, no time for showy and demonstration of ego, no entertainment-like-anniversaries,

No spraying of money, no raising money up for prayer or for imam to bless it. Offering is after prayer and is not by force. There's nothing like: if you want to buy a house at lekki this year, bring 5000 and come forward to receive anointing,

Their gathering tends to be more spiritual relative to some Christian congregations.
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
ABIODUN105:
Ishmael gave birth to 12children
Gen. 25: 13-15 the son's of Ishmael were Nebajoth, Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam, Mishma, Dumah, and Massa, Hadar, Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah.
Guess what this are the children of ishmael terrorising the all world today.

Yes

But they are our step brothers so we have to preach to them and bring them to the knowledge of Christ
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:07pm On Nov 15, 2021
siant:
What I Like in Islam:

In the mosque, all worshippers are equal. Nobody is greater than other. No special seat for certain people as we practice in church. They will be forming line for prayer in accordance to how they first come. No unnecessary titles and position, no permanent seat for anybody. Only the imam that leads the prayer will be at the front. Even, if buhari come last he will stay at the back. No special recognition of any vip.

Unlike in many Christian churches where most of the prayer and preaching will base on prosperity, miracles, Islam will conduct their worship and prayer according to the laid down rules and regulations. Simple. No time for frivolities and irrelevant No time for obsene dancing, where the singer will dress half naked facing the congregation to show her dancing skills, no time for showy and demonstration of ego, no entertainment-like-anniversaries,

No spraying of money, no raising money up for prayer or for imam to bless it. Offering is after prayer and is not by force. There's nothing like: if you want to buy a house at lekki this year, bring 5000 and come forward to receive anointing,

Their gathering tends to be more spiritual relative to some Christian congregations.

That your own view.

But in Jesus Christ there is liberty

Freewill to do whatever is good is permitted in Christ
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by ABIODUN105(m): 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Yes

But they are our step brothers so we have to preach to them and bring them to the knowledge of Christ
Truly they are our step brother but they (Muslim) did not see things that way they come to kill, to steal and to destroy.
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2021
ABIODUN105:
Truly they are our step brother but they (Muslim) did not see things that way they come to kill, to steal and to destroy.

Well there are some of them that want to know the truth so those ones are not interested in killing

Those are the ones the kingdom of God needs
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Steep(m): 10:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

You are wrong Judaism and Islam are not from the same root.
No angel of God passed Islam to man it was a deception from Satan.

you cannt compare the old testament to Islam.
The law delivered through the angels were leading men to Jesus

The old testament direct people to Jesus the messiah while Islam direct people away from Jesus.
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:37pm On Nov 15, 2021
Steep:

You are wrong Judaism and Islam are not from the same root.
No angel of God passed Islam to man it was a deception from Satan.

you cannt compare the old testament to Islam.
The law delivered through the angels were leading men to Jesus

The old testament direct people to Jesus the messiah while Islam direct people away from Jesus.

I did not say angel passed Islam to men

What I said is that God's angel foretold the behavior of Islam people and you can see the various things he said happen in the life's of Muslims people

Islam is like a wild animal and thier hand is on every one and every one hand is on them
God said he will multiply Ishmael decendant and you can see that happening in the life's of Muslims

The angel foretold the future character of Islam when he spoke about Ishmael decendant which you can clearly see in the Bible
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by siant: 10:38pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

That your own view.

But in Jesus Christ there is liberty

Freewill to do whatever is good is permitted in Christ
Liberty to commit sins, right?
Keep deceiving yourself by interpreting the scripture to suit your own purpose.

Can you tell me the verse of the Bible where freewill to do whatever you like in Christ can be found?
Re: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ISLAM Started In The Bible by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:44pm On Nov 15, 2021
siant:
Liberty to commit sins, right?
Keep deceiving yourself by interpreting the scripture to suit your own purpose.

Can you tell me the verse of the Bible where freewill to do whatever you like in Christ can be found?

Your problem is that you are angry with God or your angry with me..

Because there is no place I said liberty to do sin. But I pray God heals your heart so that you can read properly

2 Corinthians 3:17 ►
King James Bible
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

New Living Translation
For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did God Created Us And Watch Us Sin And Die And Go To Hell Fire. / Africa Is Not The Holy Land (There Is No Black Jesus) / Your Biggest Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.