Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,356 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Why do people say there is no GOD?! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why do people say there is no GOD?! (203 Views)

Only Fools Say There’s No God, Jesus Turned My Shame To Celebration –Ooni Of Ife / Please Tell Us,how You Got The Thought "There Is No God Almighty / If Only You Knew Why Some Folks Say There Is no God Almighty, You Will Do This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why do people say there is no GOD?! by missrosey: 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
I have been a silent member of this forum for years now, mainly viewing as a guest and rarely commenting on topics of interest.

One thing I have noticed in most threads over the years is the rate of blatant disregard for God among many. I have read things like "I don't believe in God", "these Pastors are deceiving people", "religion is a scam" etc.

Oh well, I'm not here to chide anyone, rather I am here to announce what this GOD has done in my life time and again. Until you have a personal experience, you would probably go with the popular opinion. I ask all believers on this page to speak more on their personal experience with the Lord, let the people hear it and begin to think that "maybe, just maybe, this God is not a fraud after all".

I will start with the story of my birth as told by my parents. Sometime in the early 90s my parents were expecting their 4th child, it was a tumultuous pregnancy for mum as she was in and out of the hospital for most part of the season, and in the seventh month, it became clear that the child was a threat to her health and had to be evacuated. As they prepared for this, daddy went to Reinhard Bonnke's crusade holding at that time in Kaduna and a word of knowledge came for a family with a troublesome pregnancy, my family, and yours truly was born stress free even though two months short of the normal period. The beginning.

Fast forward, 13 years later, in my JSS3 class by the help of two great men a class above mine, I made the greatest decision of my life. Kneeling at the back of my class I spoke these words "Lord, I do not know if you are real or not, but if you are, please come into my heart and fill me up". Oh, I can't explain what happened but I still feel the joy that filled my heart that day even as I write this. Oh, my walk with Jesus began, and exactly three weeks after my salvation, I was filled with the HolyGhost right in that same class with the evidence of speaking in tongues. Oh, the joy that filled my soul. I still remember how I would cry and cry and cry, tears of joy, thanking the Lord for saving me and giving me of His Spirit. No, you can't fake things like this I tell you. It's been a great adventure ever since.

Okay.... let me go to one of the most recent miracles God did for me. So, I have a toddler who was recently diagnosed of acute asthma, another hospital said it was "Reactive Airway Disease". We were in and out of the hospital every other week, and if we do not get admitted, we would be given loads of medications. We had to get a nebuliser for him until he was old enough to use an inhaler. The episode was too stressful for me as a mother and soon enough it began to affect my job and everything else.

One day, I asked Jesus to show me a way out of this, satan cannot be giving me chores I did not bargain for. Jesus did. He gave me three instructions,
1. Give him the communion everyday
2. Pray for those with similar challenges
3. The money you used to buy the nebuliser, sow it as a seed.

I OBEYED.

My mouth is filled with praise, my boy has not had any attack ever since. The asthma, the reactive airway disease, everything GONE!!!

How can I have my own experience and be moved when people say "there is no God"?. My dear, know God for yourself, learn to listen to His voice, let Him show who He has appointed as a Pastor over you, let Him show you where you should worship, true, God is everywhere, but your protection, your provision, your health, your prosperity is in the place where God has asked you to stay. Don't attend a church because it is next door, don't follow a man of God because he has a great following. Follow God, let Him show you the people He has placed as helpers of your destiny.

Feel free to share your personal encounters. Let the Name of Jesus be glorified forever. Halleluyah....

Re: Why do people say there is no GOD?! by Dtruthspeaker: 12:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
missrosey:
.. . I ask all believers on this page to speak more on their personal experience with the Lord, let the people hear it and begin to think that "maybe, just maybe, this God is not a fraud after all"...

Truth is, as long as Goodness runs away from them, they have to find a way to cope with the starvation caused by the dryness of Goodness se they would kill themselves.

That is what is going on.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Pastors These Days? / Sacrifice And Prayer / 3 Types Of Friends By TD Jakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.