Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,051 members, 7,845,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems (1191 Views)

Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds / I Make Lithium Ion Batteries For Solar And Inverter Systems / Get Lithium Ion Battery Packs For Inverters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 2:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hi, my name is Kelly. I'm a solar energy expert. I have over 5 years experience in sales and Installation of solar power systems.

I have had interactions with most Nigerians with our topic of discussion centered on SOLAR POWER SYSTEMS. most people have concluded that solar power is a scam, it doesn't work. Some of this conclusion may come from first hand experience or from other people experiences.

Solar technology is a very sensitive technology, as such before you consider it I feel you should make some key research about the components that make up this unique technology.
One of the vital components of the solar technology is the BATTERY.

When you hear people saying solar doesn't work one of the challenges they had encountered is a defective batteries. Most batteries commonly used in Nigeria are from China, those batteries has a lifespan of maximum 15 months, some has 12 months lifespan, if you eventually get this class of batteries with 8 months you'll start having challenges with your system.

I tell people, what an engine is to a car is what a battery is to solar system.

There are good brands of Deep cycle batteries, there are deep cycle batteries that can serve you for 5 years but these batteries are very expensive, you hear name like Trojan, Quanta, Ritar, luminous, PRAG etc. to get a 200AH of the above name mentioned battery will cost you minimum of 150k as at today.

But as Nigerians, we always want a system that can serve us at least 10 years. One of my client was asking me if his batteries can serve him for life, I smiled. Due to the cost implication of solar power system, it won't be nice to invest huge amount of money into such project and start having issues after 2 years, I've seen people that invested over 1.5M naira into solar project that started having battery issues within a month.
Sometimes, people always fall victims because they are looking for cheaper offer and unrealistic guarantee from the company.
A system that can cost you #1.4M naira you can get a company that will promise to install it for #1M naira with unrealistic guarantee.

My aim of sharing this post is to introduce you to the LITHIUM ION BATTERY TECHNOLOGY.
I don't to go too technical, the lithium ion battery technology has some advantage more than even the best of deep cycle battery brands like Quanta, Ritar, Trojan and luminous.
Deep cycle batteries are good but can't be maintained in a Nigeria setting, to get the most out of deep cycle batteries it should be used as a stopgap, your power from the grid should be steady,say you have a power outage of 3 hours so the batteries is just for a backup within that period, not for marathon usage, it won't last. Deep cycle batteries has a life cycle of maximum 800, meaning after 800 times of charging and discharging the battery performance tend to reduce drastically, meaning within 4 years the battery is gone and need to be replaced. And to get a deep cycle battery that can exhibit this feature you should be ready to spend some good money.

However, the Lithium ion battery technology has some good advantage over the deep cycle batteries, lithium has over 5000 life cycle, meaning before you're looking at changing your lithium ion battery you must have used it for minimum 10 years. If you ask me that's a good ROI. Other advantages of the lithium ion battery is it's portability, it's weight and efficiency.

Are you looking at going SOLAR soon? Why not subscribe to the lithium ion battery technology today.

Below is an installation of a 10kva inverter with 2 units of 10kwh lithium ion batteries driven with 12kw of solar array.

We have smaller packages with lithium ion battery technology of 1.28kwh to 10kwh. Feel free to reach to us for more information.

We offer 5 years documented warranty on our systems.

Call/watsapp: 07038567494

Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by GogetterMD(m): 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
What's the cost implication for a 1.5kva solar system with lithium ion batteries setup?
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
GogetterMD:
What's the cost implication for a 1.5kva solar system with lithium ion batteries setup?
1.5kva system with a 2.5kwh lithium ion battery with 2kw solar array and other Installation accessories goes for #1,050,000 with 5 years warranty
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2021
Getting a lithium ion battery technology for your solar project maybe the best investment decision you'd made this year.
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 8:48am On Nov 14, 2021
Happy Sunday
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
Call us today
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 3:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
available
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 2:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
happy new month
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 2:46pm On Dec 09, 2021
We have an irresistible XMAS SOLARPROMO
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 12:14pm On Jan 04, 2022
Happy new year
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 8:37am On Jan 06, 2022
Good morning
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 11:25pm On Jan 09, 2022
We give 5 years warranty on this
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by ameh99: 2:10am On Jan 10, 2022
Haba bros....which lithium has over 5000 circle with proof

Haba...be calming down cool cool
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2022
Available
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 2:25pm On Jan 11, 2022
Call us now
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 8:10am On Jan 14, 2022
Call us today to get the best and have value for your money
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 7:09pm On Feb 06, 2022
Call us today
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 10:40am On Feb 07, 2022
Great Monday
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 3:53pm On May 15, 2022
Happy weekend people
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 3:55pm On May 15, 2022
Happy weekend everyone
Re: Lithium Ion Battery Technology For Solar Power Systems by SolarEdge: 7:22am On May 23, 2022
Happy new week

(1) (Reply)

iPhone 12 Pro, 13s, 15s, Samsung Watch, Apple Watch 7 & Pixel 7 / Computer Villa Prices. / Forum For Cisco Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.